Stealth

Dan_Rush

Surely they can strip down more than 1 at a time. Rides like maverick have 6 trains and TTD has 5 trains that need stripping down at a time. Surely Thorpe can do 3 at a time.

They could if they had more room and staff but they simply don't this is properly why they have tree trains in the first place

Tree Trains? That might be their problem...

I guess you could say it's the root of the problem...

Serious point - if the Stealth workshop only has room for one train to stripped down, then there's not a lot they can do it seems. Probably a bit of poor planning on Thorpe's part when the ride was originally designed, so they're likely making the best out of a bad situation. It just seems one train has had a problem at the wrong time.

So just to ground it in - one train has had a problem at the wrong time.

And on that note, I'll grab my coat. ^_^

Edited by JoshC.

Thing is, Cedar Points rides (TTD and maverick) are:

1. Short with lots of blocks

This allows them to run multiple trains anyway. Besides have you seen the amount of storage track for the trains?!

2. Mavericks short car length. Lots of blocks and storage aswell.

Cedar Point cradles the masses alot of the time. Thorpe is so much more down scale (its like a third of the size) and does not need to have a huge amount of trains running.

Comparing rides like Maverick to stealth is like comparing saw to Rita. You don't on this occasion.

Thing is, Cedar Points rides (TTD and maverick) are:

1. Short with lots of blocks

This allows them to run multiple trains anyway. Besides have you seen the amount of storage track for the trains?!

2. Mavericks short car length. Lots of blocks and storage aswell.

Cedar Point cradles the masses alot of the time. Thorpe is so much more down scale (its like a third of the size) and does not need to have a huge amount of trains running.

Comparing rides like Maverick to stealth is like comparing saw to Rita. You don't on this occasion.

I'm not moaning about operation procedures, I couldn't care less if stealth has 2 or 5 trains I'm more saying that a team of 2 can do their annual strip down on 6 trains in 5 months so why cant Thorpe do their strip down on 3 trains in 5 months.

I'm not moaning about operation procedures, I couldn't care less if stealth has 2 or 5 trains I'm more saying that a team of 2 can do their annual strip down on 6 trains in 5 months so why cant Thorpe do their strip down on 3 trains in 5 months.

Like has been said, they don't have the room to strip down 2 cars at once. They can store 2 yes, but not strip them down.

They should find room or make room. Its typical merlin not thinking stuff through and trying to do it on the cheap. If they want to be world beating as they say its about time they start acting like it. The more and more I look at Merlin the more and more I despise them. And I know someone is going to say stealth was built by tussauds but merlin have had long enough to correct their mistakes and to be honest they haven't. All they do is serve up second best because they are a monopoly with very little competition.

Cedar point may be closed for longer but the train to month scheduled is still smaller.

For all we know Stealth will be back on 2 trains tomorrow and we can all be happy and everything will be ok in the world again..

I'm sure only last week it was stated Slammer was down the foreseeable future?

And as for this "typical merlin" how can they be expected to fix a problem which hasn't been a issue in the 8 seasons of the ride being in operation?

Really it being on 1 train is to add to the very long list of things merlin do wrong. If the sole purpose for the 3rd train is to have a train always in strip down seems very odd and raises questions in why not just make more room. Really I'm making a lot of fuss over nothing I'm just fed up of 2nd best all the time.

They should find room or make room. Its typical merlin not thinking stuff through and trying to do it on the cheap. If they want to be world beating as they say its about time they start acting like it. The more and more I look at Merlin the more and more I despise them. And I know someone is going to say stealth was built by tussauds but merlin have had long enough to correct their mistakes and to be honest they haven't. All they do is serve up second best because they are a monopoly with very little competition. Cedar point may be closed for longer but the train to month scheduled is still smaller.

BUMP! Stealth was from the tussauds era. Merlin never got a say in stealth ;) how in all honesty can you correct something that isn't broken? You have a storage track capable of a complete strip down and a storage track capable of minor repairs. Or general maintenance.

At the end of the day, I see it has very good planning, whilst the other train is completely stripped they can have both trains in storage undergoing thorough maintenance to ensure maximum capability (don't even go there with "oh but it's on one train", because CLEARLY something has happened which isn't just a minor fix). The way I see it is the current system ensures there will ALWAYS be one train ready to go even in closed season.

Stealth.. has three trains... so decides to run rotating maintenance so only 2 are ever available.

Other coasters.. have two trains... so do maintenance of both trains over winter.

Tell me what the point in having 3 trains on Stealth is? Cos they've obviously completely lost the plot here (then again, this is the park which loves to run one train until they absolutely need to run two on everything anyway).