Stealth

Dan_Rush

A really fast version X No way out.

In all seriousness I cant remember much of it, I was talking to one of the hosts before it had started and he had said they expected it to roll back at some point as the weather was pretty bad and the ride had just started up for the afternoon. Once the ride had launched and we creased the top of the hill I sort of knew we where not quite going to make it, we must have stalled for about 2/3 seconds then the train started rolling backwards, it was actually quite scary, I don't think I had ever felt speed like that before going backwards it was a very different sensation and the quite rapid deceleration was quite forceful too and not in a particularity nice way either. In all honesty though I think my favorite part about the whole experience was sitting on the launch track looking at all the jealous faces in the queue. :lol:

Haha, I've seen plenty of rollbacks but never been on one - but I really want to!

What more did you expect from a merlin owned park?

Seriously though, the prices are similar to that across the park already, it's not like it's a new thing.

Just jumping back a bit - Merlin owned? For god sake. THEME PARK.

Go disney and try and find a meal (which includes a drink) for less than 12 euros. Try it. Bloody try it.

Or go to a non-merlin park and find a meal which is the same quality and charges less in the UK. You won't.

I found this site when trawling through the internet, it shows the hydraulic motor that powers stealth

http://stealth.thorpepark.com/drawing_board/how_does_it_work.asp?css=1

thank you soo much gonna use this for my engineering course paper just assent able to find respectable sources

and I an dieing for a rollback never seen would love to

I was on a roll-back in 2007 (I think) and it's a strange experience.. It's not as fast or forceful as you may think (you'd think it would be like the drop on Oblivion, but it really isn't).. I remember sitting on the launch for ages though.. The wind was howling and it was raining... Not a nice place to be up there lol

I was on a roll-back in 2007 (I think) and it's a strange experience.. It's not as fast or forceful as you may think (you'd think it would be like the drop on Oblivion, but it really isn't).. I remember sitting on the launch for ages though.. The wind was howling and it was raining... Not a nice place to be up there lol

I hate stealth so much when it is raining hurts and you just feel so cold hate to be stuck on the launch not being able to go but surprising I thought it would be like a smoother drop than oblivion

Edited by Tommy
Spelling

I hate stealth so much when it is raining hurts and you just feal so cold hate to be stuck on the launch not being able to go but surprising I thought it would be like a smoother drop than oblivion

You're not the only one! First time I did Stealth in the rain, it felt like I was being shot in the face by VERY small members of a firing squad with VERY small miniguns! :P

Well I know from being at Chessington that all rides, except Tomb Blaster and Bubbleworks close during a storm. So I think all rides at Thorpe Park would close if there was a storm, except X?

From my experience with Stealth last year, the operator opened the door and felt the rain then closed the ride so I think it always shuts during heavy rain.

It is odd how many people "wish" for a roll-back, but the delay it would cause would be really annoying, and as I understand, it would be for a computer reset, and take about twenty minutes.

I consider myself very lucky, that having ridden it lot's of times, I have never had a roll-back and don't want one.

......and it really stings in the rain, they put me on twice on the front in a shower last year and I backed out of a third, as my hands were stinging from protecting my face.

It is odd how many people "wish" for a roll-back, but the delay it would cause would be really annoying, and as I understand, it would be for a computer reset, and take about twenty minutes.

I consider myself very lucky, that having ridden it lot's of times, I have never had a roll-back and don't want one.

......and it really stings in the rain, they put me on twice on the front in a shower last year and I backed out of a third, as my hands were stinging from protecting my face.

planenut backing out of riding Stealth? I didn't think such a thing was possible! :o

If that doesn't demonstrate how painful riding Stealth is in the rain, then nothing will!

I know it would be a delay to reset the ride!maybe a event for it ;)

I would choose tidal instead of stealth when it is raining. due to it not hurting

^ Same happened to me about 2 years ago. There were low rumbles of thunder, and staff weren't too bothered as it seemed far away in the distance. So, my brother and I queued for Stealth. We got into the seats, and it started to rain a little. Then as we're launched it starts hammering down in true British weather fashion and heading to the top, a crack of lightning hit (what looked like) just behind The Swarm. Then as we got off, we noticed they were starting to shut most the outdoor rides off. So we took that as our chance to get lunch until the storm passed over.

Now, whether the lighting strike WAS right behind the Swarm wasn't exactly clear, but it was sure enough nearby that they felt the need to shut the outdoor rides!

We're rather lenient here with storms, the second it gets even a speck of rain in Florida all outdoor rides shut. Yes their storms can be bad, but they close the second any rain happens just incase.

I've heard that Hershey Park and Cedar Point close if storms are within five miles of the park. It can be sunny and glorious over the park but if there is an inkling of a storm, all rides close, even the indoor ones.

So in that respect, I think what we have works very well. Rides only close if they absolutely have to.

I've heard that Hershey Park and Cedar Point close if storms are within five miles of the park. It can be sunny and glorious over the park but if there is an inkling of a storm, all rides close, even the indoor ones.

So in that respect, I think what we have works very well. Rides only close if they absolutely have to.

Cedar Point closes rides in a slight drizzle, let alone anything else...

Shocking really...

They tend to close Stealth in the rain, probably because it does hurt.

No they don't. They have an announcement they play saying something like 'Due to the weather conditions riders may currently find riding Stealth uncomfortable. If you would like to wait until the weather passes please stand aside and let others pass you'. Stealth remains open in all but the wildest rain.

No they don't. They have an announcement they play saying something like 'Due to the weather conditions riders may currently find riding Stealth uncomfortable. If you would like to wait until the weather passes please stand aside and let others pass you'. Stealth remains open in all but the wildest rain.

The 2 times I went to Thorpe park last year during rain it closed, one of the times I was in the station. They said we could wait for the rain to stop or just go.

The 2 times I went to Thorpe park last year during rain it closed, one of the times I was in the station. They said we could wait for the rain to stop or just go.

It only closes because of rain when the rain has actually caused a problem to the ride. It doesn't just close *because* it's raining.

Source: Today, Friday, Easter Monday, Easter Sunday, every other bloody day it's rained...