Stealth

Dan_Rush

I don't see the problem with it really as long as they warned everyone it was going to shut, it was dead and was only closed for 2 hours.

Why should famous people be treated any different to us? It's unacceptable and they only released it on the day via social media. People who booked online or didn't follow the pages would be stuffed, then at £48pp that's very poor!

Why should famous people be treated any different to us? It's unacceptable and they only released it on the day via social media. People who booked online or didn't follow the pages would be stuffed, then at £48pp that's very poor!

It does say in the park terms and conditions that all rides are subject to availability. My friend was there that day and apparently on all the queue time board things it had a message saying that Stealth would be closing that day and she got to meet Stavros Flatley too.

Don't see the issue

Hang on a tick, if this filming is really for Britain's Got Talent or any show like that, are we seriously classing the acts on that show as famous? Jeez the fame bar is getting lower and lower these days. But anyway, what were Merlin going to say? No thank you big studio guys, you can keep your money? Thorpe is a business, it's no longer their icon ride and it's promo for Thorpe no matter what show it ends up on.

I'm not saying your wrong, because I agree they should have a banner or a page on their website with more about availability on rides etc... but if the park is dead, and it says at their entrance and across the park that the ride will close at that time I don't really see the problem with it because people will then ride it before 3 O clock.

Hang on a tick, if this filming is really for Britain's Got Talent or any show like that, are we seriously classing the acts on that show as famous? Jeez the fame bar is getting lower and lower these days. But anyway, what were Merlin going to say? No thank you big studio guys, you can keep your money? Thorpe is a business, it's no longer their icon ride and it's promo for Thorpe no matter what show it ends up on.

I assumed that it would be being filmed by presenters for the beginning of it, as I can't see how it could be used as an act?

Don't get me wrong, I like Britain's Got Talent but I don't think it should get priority over paying guests. Imagine paying £48 to get in, then being told you can't ride it whilst watching people being sent round it multiple times being filmed? I know I would be annoyed!

(Almost as bad as letting celebs jump a 3 hour queue!)

I'm not saying your wrong, because I agree they should have a banner or a page on their website with more about availability on rides etc... but if the park is dead, and it says at their entrance and across the park that the ride will close at that time I don't really see the problem with it because people will then ride it before 3 O clock.

Why should they have to though? Personally, I'd be miffed if I visited and they closed a ride early for a reason like that, especially if I had paid £48 to get in!

Absolutely **** off using that excuse - winds the **** out of me. Noone, absolutely noone pays the absolute highest entrance fee. And anyway, who cares WHAT the entrance fee is - surely if you paid £20 to enter you should have the same experience?

I highly dislike them filming from 3 when it would've been perfectly adequate (with 3hrs of sunlight still) to do it once the park shuts. But I don't go and use that stupid stupid moaning thing which makes everyone not listen to you regarding entrance pricing.

Absolutely **** off using that excuse - winds the **** out of me. Noone, absolutely noone pays the absolute highest entrance fee. And anyway, who cares WHAT the entrance fee is - surely if you paid £20 to enter you should have the same experience?

I highly dislike them filming from 3 when it would've been perfectly adequate (with 3hrs of sunlight still) to do it once the park shuts. But I don't go and use that stupid stupid moaning thing which makes everyone not listen to you regarding entrance pricing.

I've seen various people pay full price, plus I've been told the percentage of people who pay full price, so saying "absoloutely noone" is rubbish.

Still, it's unacceptable even for passholders as they've gone out of their way to visit the park.

Terms and conditions still state they can close a ride if it needs to be closed, its on the back on the ticket in small, and people should know that from the x amount of times rides like Saw and stealth have been closed for the full day, its just something you have to deal with, plus if stealth broke down for the rest of the day what can we do about it, moaning at thorpe park isn't going to get you far, you will just get free fastrack which just worsens a problem for other people.

Even if it is in the terms and conditions closing it for a tv show shouldn't be done. They can film before the park opens or after it closes. Some people in that park would have paid full price and be their only visit of the year. I have an annual pass but I still have to spend an hour and a half getting there and if I were to find stealth closed I would be very annoyed if the reason was some wanna be celebrities. I don't mind if its closed because of a fault but for some tv show is not morally right at all when there effectively mugging people to get in and forcing people to buy fast tracks because they sell close to 4 million a day.

I too feel that filming on rides should be done outside of the opening hours when possible...

Especially when it's for crap like BGT...

But the park is covered by the T&Cs, so not much can be done... Although sometimes the celeb treatment is completely stupid (see Jonathan Ross riding Thirteen before it opened on opening day)...

the reason I think that they have done that is because it is very good way to get free publicity and the shot they need might only be able to get might be at mid day due to lighting at the park but should never be closed for more than a hour for filming every day

Even if it is in the terms and conditions closing it for a tv show shouldn't be done. They can film before the park opens or after it closes. Some people in that park would have paid full price and be their only visit of the year. I have an annual pass but I still have to spend an hour and a half getting there and if I were to find stealth closed I would be very annoyed if the reason was some wanna be celebrities. I don't mind if its closed because of a fault but for some tv show is not morally right at all when there effectively mugging people to get in and forcing people to buy fast tracks because they sell close to 4 million a day.

Thank you for talking some sense on the subject!

Pushing it a bit. It's people's choice to visit a theme park, it is not decreed in law that people have to visit and again you'd have to be an idiot to believe that fastrack is the only way to enjoy the park. I agree that it should be done after park closure but for the sake of balance it is one ride out of 25. As was said, the park was very quiet, it being a dead Thursday in the middle of May and publicity for the park (a show that goes out to 8 million people +) over-rules the 5000 people max on park that day.

With all respect to the park it's not the greatest decision but let's not make out that it's daylight robbery.