Stealth

Dan_Rush

I worded it wrong, I meant to say more than once.

As for the Dodgems, if they haven't closed then would you care to explain to me why we were turned away by staff saying "sorry, it's closed" whilst they were looking at the cars?

Dan probably meant a full day closed.  It's had occasional closures, yes, but in fairness, it is a new ride, and the problem of sweeping the rubber on the floor doesn't seem like something they expected.  

Dan probably meant a full day closed.  It's had occasional closures, yes, but in fairness, it is a new ride, and the problem of sweeping the rubber on the floor doesn't seem like something they expected.  

The new ride excuse shouldn't really fly on a ride type that's been around for ages and is a simple system that even Chessie can get it to run reliably... Big rides yes, Dodgems, no...

By sweeping the rubber on the floor, does this mean that the cars don't have enough clearance between themselves and the floor? Bit of a design oversight there if that's what you mean...

Yeah, I agree the "new ride problem" probably shouldn't happen on something as simple as some dodgems.  However, my point was it's a new ride, and a problem occurred with it that they couldn't have known about until it had been open for a while.  Can happen with any new ride, can't it.

I don't really know what the need for sweeping the floor is exactly, so can't really comment there.  I'd guess clearance could be an issue though.  However, I think at one point, they were closing the ride down temporarily because of it (since it was a new ride and a problem which could well have been unexpected)?  Now they just stop operations for a couple of minutes to sweep the floor every 90-120 minutes I think - and do a queue announcement to say so - so that shouldn't be causing any closures to the ride.  

This sounds like an issue unique to Thorpe...

In a similar fashion that I haven't seen other parks with a Storm Surge type ride having to empty the rafts on a regular basis...

There must be a clearance issue if there's pieces of rubber on the floor though... Which is silly...

This sounds like an issue unique to Thorpe...

In a similar fashion that I haven't seen other parks with a Storm Surge type ride having to empty the rafts on a regular basis...

There must be a clearance issue if there's pieces of rubber on the floor though... Which is silly...

Blah blah, Thorpe are rubbish blah blah.

• 3 weeks later...

"The launch cable is good for 25,000 launches but once used 25,000 times, it will need to be changed. The cable is changed two times every season. To put this into perspective, it is going to be changed the week commencing 28th July 2014."

These guys did the backstage tour on Stealth and the date they say matches with THORPEs one as they are thr same week so it seems pretty likely.

• 1 month later...

The recording was changed a couple of years back from "Place your heads forwards, hold on tight and brace yourselves 321 go go go" to "place your head back, hold on tight, 321 go go go" They replaced brace yourselves with silence which I believe is longer than the original.

It does just sound like they've cut out the 'brace yourselves' and so it now sounds rather odd to me. Wonder why they removed that- asides from the obvious 'they wanted to change the announcement'- I wonder whether there was another reason behind the cut, probably not I guess haha.

I haven't heard 'brace yourselves' in my most recent visits, it seems a bit odd without the third point in there; things do often sound better in threes, the flow of the announcement has pretty much gone in my eyes. Still a fab ride though.

So there have been two launch announcements

'Ready to Go.  Lookin' Good. Heads back and hold tight.  3,2,1 Go Go Go *Screech*'

and our current one

'Place your heads back, face forwards. 3,2,1 Go Go Go *Screech*'

We currently have a loading announcement which is

'Place your heads back, face forwards.  Hold on tight and brace yourselves *Screech*'

The Stealth audio section here shows the old launch track and current station sound effects - The current launch will be on youtube somewhere if you give me a minute

Edit:

Probably the worst example in terms of actual audio but the youtube channel is pure gold ;)

And no, I'm pretty sure my original post is correct.

So there have been two launch announcements

'Ready to Go. Lookin' Good. Heads back and hold tight. 3,2,1 Go Go Go *Screech*'

and our current one

'Place your heads back, face forwards. 3,2,1 Go Go Go *Screech*'

We currently have a loading announcement which is

'Place your heads back, face forwards. Hold on tight and brace yourselves *Screech*'

There have been 3!

After the original "Ready to Go.. Looking good.... 3 2 1goo goo go"

There was somthing like "Ready to go keep your heads back.. 3 2 1" and then the one we have now.

Ready to go looking good heads back was too long for the launch sequence

Just before the launch sequence of rocking back and forth starts so when the staff gates close it says "hold on tight and brave yourselves" and then the launch sequence of "place your head back, face forwards... 3, 2, 1, go go go!"

The hold on tight and brace your self is just on a 3 min loop and plays every min or so.