Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Truckers has had 45 minute long queues for YEARS... Let's not pretend that Chessie having long queues is a brand new situation guys, it's what happens when most of your rides only hit about 200pph...

I wasn't pretending it's a new situation, I was merely asking who the hell is queuing for it for that long.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wasn't pretending it's a new situation, I was merely asking who the hell is queuing for it for that long.

To be fair, plenty of kids will want to ride it, and they won't care about the queue length.  And it's much easier for parents to put up with a 45 minute queue than a screaming child who's been told they can't go on the ride they want to go on. :P

To be fair, plenty of kids will want to ride it, and they won't care about the queue length. And it's much easier for parents to put up with a 45 minute queue than a screaming child who's been told they can't go on the ride they want to go on. [emoji14]

Maybe my kids are the exception then. For certain, neither of my kids would have stood in a queue that long without being a nightmare. Kids don't really do patience.

Last year my nieces (4 and 7) queued up for Truckers for about 30 minutes and at no point did either of them lose the smile on their face. It was their ride choice and they just coped with the wait by playing with each other. They were just so wrapped up in the theme park excitement they didn't have a chance to get impatient. 

I queued 45mins for Flying Jumbos with my niece when she was a lot younger (she is 11 now) and she was happy to wait. I myself was bored as heck so insisted we play eye spy!

It is madness the queue times at CWOA - I've only been once this year on a midweek day in April time where the place was dead. No queues for anything. Only downside was not being able to go on Rameses - every time we walked past it, it was just sat there looking lonely and at one point they just sent it on a cycle empty, probably in an attempt to entice people

Truckers queue is the biggest oddity in the park, it springs from 5mins to 40 mins with one cycle of the carousel. A lot of guests do the two rides together so the queue for Trucks goes from very few people to the 70 people from Carousel. Flipping nightmare to keep that queue board updated I can tell you and it doesn't help that the queue-line for Trucks was extended a few years back.

Only downside was not being able to go on Rameses - every time we walked past it, it was just sat there looking lonely and at one point they just sent it on a cycle empty, probably in an attempt to entice people

This. I had the exact same problem when I went in May last year - I did eventually get on though luckily as I love Ramases  :wub:

I haven't been to any Merlin parks this year (yet)  :blink:

I would guess (if this is permanent) that they are using the advisory section solely for rides that are CURRENTLY unavailable rather than long term closures (like Safari Skyway and Rattlesnake). Seems pointless to me as these rides are still advisory issues as they are still closed. As somebody said above though it could be they want to play down their closures… anybody who is not familiar with their website and just takes a quick glance at the ride status will go 'oh, it's just Peeking that's not available at the moment'… leaving people to believe ALL other rides are fine. I saw nothing wrong with the old system personally, when they are grouped together at least people know what's available and what isn't!

Fun times again today - Fury & Peking Unavailable, Skyway, Rattlesnake and Tomb still down.

Black Bucanneer: 50

Bubbleworks: 90

Falls: 60

Jumbos: 30

Jungle Bus: 30

Kobra: 60

Monkey Swinger: 30

Treetop Hoppers: 50

Scorpion: 45

Seastorm: 55

Tiny Truckers: 55

Toadies: 40

Vampire: 80

Zufari: 25

Assume the grass car park really is as bad as people are making out? Seems crazy parking on that considering how waterlogged the ground must be!

EDIT: Fury reopens, boom 90 minute queue. Bubbleworks & Vampire now 120 minutes. Lovely.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion