SAW: The Ride

Mark9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of interest, I’d be curious to know; which row do people find rougher on Saw?

Personally, I find the front notably rougher than the back, as a general rule. On my most recent visit to Thorpe, I actually did 2 rides on Saw; I had one in the back, which was a bit rough in places, but not too bad overall, and I had one in the front, which was really rough.

However, I’ve heard others say that the back is way rougher and the front is smoother, which completely contrasts with my experiences…

On 7/25/2024 at 12:55 PM, Matt N said:

Out of interest, I’d be curious to know; which row do people find rougher on Saw?

From my personal experience, I don't really find a difference with what row I sit on. I find different trains to be rougher than others though, I imagine that depends on which ones have recently been serviced, and had wheels replaced etc...

On 7/25/2024 at 12:55 PM, Matt N said:

Similarly to you I’ve always found the back to be smoother, and the inside seats to be smoother as well.

Front row outside seat is just god awful these days. But I guess it fits the theme better than it ever has before 😂

• 4 weeks later...

What does everyone think of Saw’s new queue structure?

I think it’s a great step in the right direction. Plenty of shade in the summer, and shelter from the rain.  I’m surprised this hasn’t been done on any of the other rides to be honest. Especially Hyperia where something generic could have gone down well.

Saw’s new one is very rough and ready, but I suppose they can get away with it given the theme. I think on any other ride it would need a different approach.

Great to see positive steps being taken still even mid way through the season.

I wasn't a massive fan of it in initial pictures, but I understand the need for it and I have to say that it doesn't look as bad in person.

I'm still not madly keen on it, as it does seem to make the queue seem even more like you're penned in than you already did before, but it's not as bad as I expected in person and I think it's good that the park is trying to retrospectively shade some of its queues.