SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Am I the only one that can ride Saw once and then have a banging headache after?! I've never known a ride to throw you about so much - the cushioning either side of you head might as well not be there!

BUT I love the ride and wish I could go on it more than just once otherwise it ruins the rest of the day for me as I really does give me a banging headache! I also have to ride it last for fear of ruining the rest of the rides ha ha ha !

When I went last week I put my thick hoodie up and my hands either side of my head to try and protect and stop it getting bashed about.... it helped a bit but I still felt sore afterwards!

Quite obviously, a lot of peeps here don't pay attention to the "keep your head back" rule. Perhaps then it wouldn't dance about so much during the ride, and then you wouldn't bash it! Simple really. My mate paid the price in 2007 on Corkscrew at Alton Towers when he suffered whiplash as it came down the fist drop after leaving the lift hill.

^ I see what you did there Trilogy ;)

Saw is a trilogy - at last I've always regarded it as one. Unless you can tell me otherwise?

The correct word for the seven films is 'Heptalogy' ranging from 2004 to 2010.

Trilogy means three, for example:

Tricycle - 3 wheeled bicycle -bicycle meaning two wheels

Tripod - 3 legs

Triangle - 3 sided shape

Trilogy - a 3 part series (film, book etc leading into Quadrilogy (four))

Triple - Multiples of 3 (3,6,9,12 and so on)

:P

The correct word for the seven films is 'Heptalogy' ranging from 2004 to 2010.

Trilogy means three, for example:

Tricycle - 3 wheeled bicycle -bicycle meaning two wheels

Tripod - 3 legs

Triangle - 3 sided shape

Trilogy - a 3 part series (film, book etc leading into Quadrilogy (four))

Triple - Multiples of 3 (3,6,9,12 and so on)

:P

Oh thanks, I do know the meaning of words.

Patronising.

Oh thanks, I do know the meaning of words.

Patronising.

Says the king of patronising, I refer you a post you did about an hour before...

Quite obviously, a lot of peeps here don't pay attention to the "keep your head back" rule. Perhaps then it wouldn't dance about so much during the ride, and then you wouldn't bash it! Simple really. My mate paid the price in 2007 on Corkscrew at Alton Towers when he suffered whiplash as it came down the fist drop after leaving the lift hill.

Saw is a trilogy - at last I've always regarded it as one. Unless you can tell me otherwise?

Now with the head banging thing, I would like you to shrink yourself to 5ft then come back to me and tell me that keeping your head back stops your head from banging.

Keeping my head back actually means I'm in line with the ACTUAL restraint...

Head forwards results in my head not connecting to the restraint...

I'll keep my head as far away from the restraint as possible thanks...

Well said! Was thinking exactly this when I read the post about keeping in line with the head back rule!

Will definitely keep my head forwards.

When I acknowledge these 'simple' (again with the patronising) guidelines I end up with a massive headache (indeed, try keeping your head back on Space Mountain in Paris and then tell us about bracing)...

Considering a LOT of people on here all agree that moving your head away from the restraint is more likely to prevent direct head-bashing... Well, wonder who is actually right?

I find saw so strange, I'm able to brace my self from hitting my head on the bar its self yet it still gives me a headache most times, I guess its the ride just shaking my head around more than anything, where as on say Colossus I can stop it from hurting me.

Unfortunately sometimes there is no way out of it on Saw. It was so bad last time that if I put my head forward, I would instead come off with considerable neck pain.

A ride being rough or jolty isn't automatically a bad thing, but the problem with Saw is that I can't even brace myself for it anymore.