SAW: The Ride

Mark9

^^^^^

And by the fact that it is the best coaster in the park! *ahem - I know I am in the minority, when it comes to enthusiasts*

but your right by the franchise as when I speak to random people I meet or just the general friends Saw is always one of the first rides they talk about eg - Have you been on Saw: The Ride, it's so scary... is the usual response, whilst I play it cool and make it look like I don't live on the actual coaster itself :wub:

I can't beleive I am the only one who likes saw! It is my 2nd favourite ride in thorpe park after stealth! I don't want the whole saw idea to be replaced, I wanna see the license extended! But if thorpe end up changing it to a better horror-themed coaster it will be smiles all round :)

Taking Stealth out of the equasion, The Swarm instantly took over as the as the best ride in the park. When Saw opened, yes I liked it, and yes it was a worlds first with that drop, but the appeal wore off by the end of 2009.

I'm sure the contract or lease will be extended. Remember, Saw Alive comes into all this too.

In terms of franchise, from my understanding from months ago was when the current contract expires it was going to be renewed for the ride but the maze was gonna have it removed and then when the next contract expires was when the whole saw franchise would leave...

Taking Stealth out of the equasion, The Swarm instantly took over as the as the best ride in the park. When Saw opened, yes I liked it, and yes it was a worlds first with that drop, but the appeal wore off by the end of 2009.

I'm sure the contract or lease will be extended. Remember, Saw Alive comes into all this too.

To be perfectly honest swarm is slow and boring(in any row except back row) **cough cough** and is my fifth favourite coaster in the park(only beats X and fishie) but with the all new backwards seats, I think it could easily come my favourite.

Saw alive is going to be scrapped as far as I'm aware because it was closed for almost the whole of the 2012 season...

Saw Alive's future is unclear, and has been for many months. If it does go, what a waste of time and money infilling that lake.

No I don't think it was, the photo showed how nice it was without the lake in filled but the fact that there is a new space for attraction means that we can have many new possibilities. I think that filling the lake in was a good idea and if saw alive gets removed we will probably have an attraction replacing it :)

SAW-THEMED TOPSPIN!!!!!

Anyway, if saw alive does not return for 2013 I think we need to see something else in the area, I don't think they should leave an empty building but maybe place a show or even just a nice resturant there! There are many possibilities but as long as they don't leave an empty building all year round I'm happy :)

But saying that... I really would like saw alive open all year round again, I have never been in it and I want to so it would be nice if they re-opened it! Just wondering, was saw alive ever listed on thorpe's website as a permanent 'extreme thrill' because if it was then I don't think we have any chance of it returning...

When Saw opened, yes I liked it, and yes it was a worlds first with that drop, but the appeal wore off by the end of 2009.

Erm, I guess you mean worlds first as a Horror Coaster, and "That drop is great" and not its a worlds first because of the drop...

But saying that... I really would like saw alive open all year round again, I have never been in it and I want to so it would be nice if they re-opened it! Just wondering, was saw alive ever listed on thorpe's website as a permanent 'extreme thrill' because if it was then I don't think we have any chance of it returning...

It was originally listed as an Extreme Thrill, then it dropped off last year. It won't come back.

Erm, I guess you mean worlds first as a Horror Coaster, and "That drop is great" and not its a worlds first because of the drop...

It was originally listed as an Extreme Thrill, then it dropped off last year. It won't come back.

Shame really, I think thorpe will need to out something in its place though! I just can't see people sitting down by saw the ride in a picnic area being roamed around by dressed up actors! I really hope we get a good flat there- although it has been said that the boat transport to the hotel will be there, however I would like something temporary in the meantime, probably some sort of show.

Shame really, I think thorpe will need to out something in its place though! I just can't see people sitting down by saw the ride in a picnic area being roamed around by dressed up actors! I really hope we get a good flat there- although it has been said that the boat transport to the hotel will be there, however I would like something temporary in the meantime, probably some sort of show.

If Saw Alive wasn't there, then there'd be no dressed up actors.

Sometimes there are some actors roaming around the island and the saw queue, however this now seems to only be on fright night but there used to be quite a few actors in the queue and island area. I can still remember that guy in the queue line who was hanging on those chains trying to escape. However, I have only ever seen him once and unless I visit on a fright night, I am unlikely to see him again!

No I don't think it was, the photo showed how nice it was without the lake in filled but the fact that there is a new space for attraction means that we can have many new possibilities. I think that filling the lake in was a good idea and if saw alive gets removed we will probably have an attraction replacing it :)

SAW-THEMED TOPSPIN!!!!!

Anyway, if saw alive does not return for 2013 I think we need to see something else in the area, I don't think they should leave an empty building but maybe place a show or even just a nice resturant there! There are many possibilities but as long as they don't leave an empty building all year round I'm happy :)

They shouldn't leave an empty building but this is Thorpe we're talking about, so what are the chances?! I don't really care if it doesn't re-open, I've only been in it once or twice and when I first heard the news about it's opening, my thoughts were "Saw is done, built, and working - just leave it alone!" When I did go in though, I kept getting told off for letting go of the person in front of me, they wouldn't listen when I explained when that person kept running off uncontrollably, so it wasn't my fault!

No, as I said.

If it does go though, I am struggling to see what they'll put in it's place, the island is quite small. Also, does anyone know how old that barge is?

Surely the contract renewal will cost money as well?

Hence why the ride is so poorly themed outside with those amazing 'props' from the film, cos all the money went on getting the name in?

I've always questioned Merlin's choice of IPs though, what with Saw, Ice Age and Shrek (Towers Farm retheme idea that fortunately died before it happened) are all essentially dead or dying franchises with minimal lasting appeal, especially when you compare to what Drayton and Paultons have done with clever long lasting IPs...

Maybe they were cheaper...