SAW: The Ride

Mark9

9 minutes ago, Morgan.B said:

The blades won't be running until next year, unfortunately, as it needs some work doing to them.

A motor and possibly some gears. That is literally all I can think of that makes up the blades mechanism (do correct me if I'm wrong).  Did they give any more detail in why that will take a year to fix?

Was just an observation - my mate said "It'd look better if the blades spun" - I informed him they normally do!

On a positive note - I spotted the countdown clock on the lift hill has been replaced this year :) (albeit with a dot matrix board style clock instead of the proper SAW style 8 segment style digital  clock... too geeky? :P )

28 minutes ago, OliIzzy said:

Just a question I've always wondered, why is it the iconic saw theme isn't used in any part of the ride or the queue/ building/ area?

The park are probably not licensed to play it publicly, which is bizarre but it all comes down to what Lionsgate say

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Matt10 said:

They are licensed to play it, as it is used during fright nights, most notably in the Colossus queue line.

They might only have the licence to play it at Fright Nights though, could that be a possibility?

Most likely answer is they decided people would get bored of hearing it on the ride, although it would be nice to hear at some point!

Had my first ever ride on SAW yesterday... And boy was I disappointed. Has it always been that jerky and rough? The theming and dark part of the ride was good but the coaster section once past the drop was rough, and really dull, such a different experience that THE SMILER. I actually just said once is enough and headed straight back to the swarm.

1 minute ago, SuperMuscleMan said:

Had my first ever ride on SAW yesterday... And boy was I disappointed. Has it always been that jerky and rough? The theming and dark part of the ride was good but the coaster section once past the drop was rough, and really dull, such a different experience that THE SMILER. I actually just said once is enough and headed straight back to the swarm.

Welcome to SORE: The Ride!

It's a constant running joke that it's painful.

It's a Gerstlauer after all!

7 hours ago, SuperMuscleMan said:

From what I remember its always been pretty rough, As other have said its all part of the Gerstlauer experience!

And honestly it isn't like The Smiler's butter smooth..

47 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

I genuinely find Saw more rough than Colossus. In my opinion, Colossus is the superior of the 2.

I will admit Colossus is better any day, but I will also admit that (at least for me) it's consistently rougher than Saw. Saw has the odd big jolt, but unless you're sitting above a flat wheel Colossus is more rattly :rolleyes:

I've found Saw really different based on the weather. In the rain it's easily the roughest coaster in the park, in the sunshine I've had some great rides that felt pretty smooth to me. Every time I go I change my mind about Saw, I really enjoy everything up to and including the first drop, the rest of it I either find ok or get really bored.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

I genuinely find Saw more rough than Colossus.

Both of the two are very rough, but if I had to choose, Saw is smoother (it isn't at all smooth, but compared to Colossus...)

I always have mixed experiences on Colossus. I ended up going on twice at Fright Nights last year. Back row was smooth. Third row was like having my head smashed against a brick wall.

Saw is rough, but I will more regularly have a smoother experience on it.

It's also funny to watch everyone at the bottom of the first drop, because every time, without fail, everyones heads on the front row jerk from left to right. I get entertained wayy to easily!