Mark9

SAW: The Ride

23 hours ago, KingNemesis said:

MEANWHILE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PARK!

Had to listen to this for an entire hour when queueing once! XD And then I had it stuck in my head for the rest of the day, it's like some sort of sick advertising!! :P 

5 hours ago, jonny9403 said:

Always personally I think it was worse last year. At least Colossus is worse

I genuinely find Saw more rough than Colossus. In my opinion, Colossus is the superior of the 2.

7 hours ago, SuperMuscleMan said:

Had my first ever ride on SAW yesterday... And boy was I disappointed. Has it always been that jerky and rough? The theming and dark part of the ride was good but the coaster section once past the drop was rough, and really dull, such a different experience that THE SMILER. I actually just said once is enough and headed straight back to the swarm.

From what I remember its always been pretty rough, As other have said its all part of the Gerstlauer experience!

And honestly it isn't like The Smiler's butter smooth..

47 minutes ago, CharlieN said:

I genuinely find Saw more rough than Colossus. In my opinion, Colossus is the superior of the 2.

I will admit Colossus is better any day, but I will also admit that (at least for me) it's consistently rougher than Saw. Saw has the odd big jolt, but unless you're sitting above a flat wheel Colossus is more rattly :rolleyes:

I've found Saw really different based on the weather. In the rain it's easily the roughest coaster in the park, in the sunshine I've had some great rides that felt pretty smooth to me. Every time I go I change my mind about Saw, I really enjoy everything up to and including the first drop, the rest of it I either find ok or get really bored.

1 hour ago, CharlieN said:

I genuinely find Saw more rough than Colossus.

Both of the two are very rough, but if I had to choose, Saw is smoother (it isn't at all smooth, but compared to Colossus...)

I always have mixed experiences on Colossus. I ended up going on twice at Fright Nights last year. Back row was smooth. Third row was like having my head smashed against a brick wall.

Saw is rough, but I will more regularly have a smoother experience on it.

It's also funny to watch everyone at the bottom of the first drop, because every time, without fail, everyones heads on the front row jerk from left to right. I get entertained wayy to easily!

Ive always been a fan of Colossus since it first opened. It gave an amazing experience on Tuesday at the back and was smooth compared to SAW. That was so rough I though something should be wrong. Bare in mind the difference in age id say Colossus is running better!

The MASSIVE JOLT at the base of the main drop is the main culprit...

Still amazes me how smooth many other Eurofighters are... Must have been the construction at Merlin...

31 minutes ago, Marc said:

Mmm out of the many coasters Merlin have constructed its the Gerstlauer ones which have problems.. yeah defiantly merin.. 

Who built Swarm? Since Merlin used TG Cruise for both Gersts they've built and we all know the trouble they've had with land slips and the like...

The oldest Eurofighter in the world had fewer kinks in it that Saw... There must be some external factor that means that many non-Merlin Eurofighters don't tend to bash you into oblivion...

Ride construction services as far as I know did swarm - as far as I know TG do a lot of ground work for Merlin and not just smiler / saw.

On 09/06/2016 at 1:03 PM, Marc said:

Ride construction services as far as I know did swarm - as far as I know TG do a lot of ground work for Merlin and not just smiler / saw.

Correct - TG Cruse were groundworkers for SAW, Swarm, Smiler & Thirteen.

Stealth was J. Devine.

4 hours ago, holtjammy16 said:

Saw 8 comes out next year so we'll probably see this and saw alive keep their contract for a while still

I was told by a member of staff a few weeks back that the contract for both have been renewed for another two years. After that the contract is either going to be renewed again or a re-theme will happen (it will most likely be a zombie theme apparently).

Of course because this is from a staff member it is not the most reliable source, however her story was very convincing. She also provided us with lots more information about the future of Thorpe, but that information is unrelated to the topic and therefore unnecessary ;):)

If a staff member knows something about the future of any Merlin theme park, the chances are they won't be allowed to tell people about it.  So regardless of how convincing someone sounds, if they're telling you about the future, it's likely the future of some alternate universe...

I thought the contract renewal was confirmed in the closed season already?  Sometimes the staff don't spout bull****, had an good conversation with one of the Smiler staff on Wednesdsy who was an obvious geek and as knowledgeable as anybody here.

I have mixed love / hate feelings for Sore the ride. The theming is great but the coaster is so rough. It always seems to attract all the small children though. What's up with that?

17 hours ago, Stuntman707 said:

I have mixed love / hate feelings for Sore the ride. The theming is great but the coaster is so rough. It always seems to attract all the small children though. What's up with that?

Probaby because of the horror theme. It appeals to a much wider array of people.