SAW: The Ride

Mark9

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Han30 said:

I went to go ask the staff member that was stood outside why it was down.....however he suddenly burst into a musical number then enthusiastically told a small group of us that we really MUST ride Rocky Express. So yeah I just walked off 

Did you catch a name I would bet money on them being called Gian or Thomas :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Heather-Rose said:

He says things like they're fantastic stories and you're just like wow thank you for my enlightenment you amazing bean

That made me laugh!  I just loved the way he was SO enthusiastic about Rocky Express - he told us that we simply MUST ride it as it is the only one of its kind in this country?! I just smiled and headed for Rush...

Please remember that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, and if you just do a little research off of that site you'll find that this is, in fact, incorrect. 

Whilst both models have similar components, Rocky Express' model is actually called 'old train'.  As you yourself said, the way the carriages work is slightly different, but this is the difference that makes them different ride types :)

PS If you still don't believe me, look at mack rides website, and find the ride model 'old train'. Rocky is pictured. Before you go to the slaughter house with someone, make sure your facts are right!

To get this back on topic, does anyone know if guests (other then in a breakdown) can ever have access to the indoor sections of Saw? A couple of us were curious if it's possible to have access to it as a kind of VIP thing, a bit like how you can go in the ride area for inferno

1 hour ago, Heather-Rose said:

A couple of us were curious if it's possible to have access to it as a kind of VIP thing, a bit like how you can go in the ride area for inferno

When I did my BTS of Saw and Stealth last year they took me and a few friends in to see the engineer's workshop and stand on the door by the bottom of the lift and was then walked up through the staff corridors (didnt get to see the track on the inside as these corridors were concrete but you could hear the cars going by) up to the station and into the console. Obviously it might differ each time as H&S may have changed since then