SAW: The Ride

Mark9

Oh sure if they are then it's understandable, but if it turns out the whole smiler thing was human error then (the non-fans that I know) won't believe that and will point to Saw's closure as evidence etc. I'm just playing devils advocate, I don't like the ride anyway lol.

Saw had cars going round the track yesterday - not sure how long for but on 2 seperate occasions when I was in that area I saw trains going round. At one point while walking towards Samurai one went really slowly I though it was going to stall but it didn't. The trains were sat outside the station for a little while then went round again while I was on Samurai.

They also had the area up to the ride closed (so you weren't able to walk past Saw Alive or get closer to Saw)

Well it won't because if they're testing them on a live track, the computer will step in and stop it before they collide, as far as we know the ride computer stopped the smiler as it should have done when a car didn't clear the block, it's what happened after that, that hasn't been explained yet.

That's exactly the point though, they'll be testing it to see if the situation can be recreated...

All possible avenues that might lead to another crash MUST be looked into, irrespective of whether or not there might be failsafes... Always the distinct (rare) possibility that ALL the failsafes to prevent something might not work...

Yeah which is kid of my point, why keep sending cars around when it can all be done in the computer.

Because they can manipulate the system to make it believe a car has stalled. So, the computer is seeing a stalled car somewhere on the track. Then they send a car round to see if it is possible, in anyway, to send it past the block section that leads to the 'stalled car'.

I have just returned from the park on a school trip and the ride was testing today as well. The staff just said it will be testing for the foreseeable future.

They need to keep things ticking over so that when they open to the public, they don't get more flak due to breakdowns.

pffff I'm visiting Thorpe park with nine friends from Belgium on the 15th and 16th of july. Also visitin Alton Towers on the 13th and 14th of july. Now smiler and saw the ride is closed. I hope saw will be open then but I think not because they have to wait on the smilers investigation. Bad news for us. Does anyone know more on the reopening date.