Closed Rides

Ash

Could be worse, could be Legoland! Only Atlantis and Vikings get over 1000 pph.

One must also remember when Stealth is down it throws another 1-2k of guests elsewhere in the park.

Whilst towers does handle most queues a lot better than Thorpe (with the possible exception of CBeebies land & Sonic) Towers is much bigger than Thorpe by a minimum of at least five times.

Colossus, Inferno, Saw and Stealth are currently all closed. Swarm has ended up with 140min queue and X has a 60min queue. Bad day to be there.

...Meanwhile BPB have 9 out of 10 coasters open (PMBO was closed due to wind for half the day but not their fault) and all operating on full capacity with most queues less than 30 mins (yet park was fairly busy).

Well, there were a few breakdowns but rides were back open again within 20 mins.

It's funny that a park that makes a loss can still beat the "might" of Merlin - I know where I'd rather be!

Colossus and Inferno were only down for 10 minutes, was just inconvenient that it was the same time Saw was also down (which they couldn't help if it breaks they need to fix it) and Stealth was down because it just was and had been the whole of Friday too! Not sticking up for Thorpe but you can't compare Thorpe's busiest day of the season (guests parked in coach park and the yellow "Thorpe Park is now full" signs ready to be used) with a standard Saturday at BPB where half their coasters only need to make it to the top of the lift Hill and stop in the station.

And if they're making a loss then they aren't really beating the might of Merlin, it is a business after all!

They are beating the might of merlin on guest satisfaction. which in turn will lead to BPB being better at business. Unfortunately the monopoly of merlin is preventing any competitor from taking them on because of their sheer size. The only company that is close to being able to take on the money squeezing people of merlin seems to be paramount.

You honestly can't say that as paramount haven't even started bloody building yet. Please don't talk that much out of your arse.

Besides BPB is unfortunate to be positioned on one of the UK's most declining sea side towns. Nothing (or little) to do with BPB's popularity, just as a whole the town will get less visitors in the coming years, which in turn means less people going to BPB. In 2000 they suffered a huge dip in popularity in the city and as such have replenished some of the facilities, but with travel becoming cheaper and easier for us to go abroad some of our sea side resorts are seeing a decline in numbers. (I know this because I just did a 2000 word essay on Blackpool's decline vs a Spanish city, and Brighton. THE MEET TO BLACKPOOL HAD AN EDUCATIONAL USE YEAH!!)

I hope you mentioned that one of the reasons in declining numbers of people to Brighton is down to the green party and their £10 an hour parking. The reason I said paramount being the only ones who can take them on is because they are the only company with the level of investment which can take on the vast relative amount merlin spend. Providing that it goes ahead of course. 

...Meanwhile BPB have 9 out of 10 coasters open (PMBO was closed due to wind for half the day but not their fault) and all operating on full capacity with most queues less than 30 mins (yet park was fairly busy).

Well, there were a few breakdowns but rides were back open again within 20 mins.

It's funny that a park that makes a loss can still beat the "might" of Merlin - I know where I'd rather be!

Thats no consolation prize for the people at Thorpe on Saturday. 

Project LC, what you don't seem to understand is that the point of guest satisfaction is to make more money!

Even if the guest satisfaction is great, it's obviously not good enough there to bring the crowds back time and time again. Therefore even though Merlin's customer satisfaction and guest experience isn't always great, they're still making tonnes more money which makes them a better business on paper.

I never said that merlin wasnt the better business. I stated that merlin is a monopoly in the market. BPB will overtime gain more popularity if guest satisfaction is good which will lead to bigger budgets and finally end up in them being able to advertise on the scale merlin does which would allow them to compete. Merlin doesnt need to worry if guest satisfaction isnt that great as they have the budgets to spend on advertising to draw people back. Focusing on guest satisfaction would reduce the need for massive advertisment budgets but they dont seem to have worked that out yet. If they employed more staff then they would be a much better park. Clearly this year the engineers have been a little under staffed hence the 1 train op in the mornings and inturn this has lead to what seems to be an increase in breakdowns. Its not been a harsh year weather wise, so to have so many rides breaking down as often as they have done this year is quite poor. Yes the rides are fairly old but thats the case at a lot of parks and not many of those have had the sort of breakdowns thorpe have been having.

Merlin doesnt need to worry if guest satisfaction isnt that great as they have the budgets to spend on advertising to draw people back.

Well that's not really true is it.

All attractions should worry about it, because if an experience is awful, no new ride would be good enough to wipe away that bad experience. I completely get what you're saying about the marketing budget, but that's just another cog in the machine in my opinion.