Closed Rides

Ash

This annoys me, it's not trash talking it's someone's opinion. I've been 15 times this year twice Inferno has opened on two trains, 10 times the second train never appeared yet a 30 minute queue was present.

If you owned a business and the computers crashed, the clients would demand compensation (if your phone goes down, electric etc) which drives people to customer service, which drives easy free fastrack, which starts the circle.

It's an opinion to say things are being made up is not a point for discussion, I've experienced both but the fact remains the park have been far from perfect this year.

Just going back and back LC you said you offer the other side of the 'debate'

I'm going to be clear here to say we don't want to debate here, we want to discuss and coming onto the forum with the attitude 'I want to argue with someone; that's what I'm here for' isn't going to get anyone anywhere

Anyway:

My sister went to the park today and was disappointed about the amount of closed rides (Colossus, Fish, Samurai, Slammer) but still had a good day, so it may not be such a big problem for other people as it is for us

Project LC has a point.

I've been watching this (very useful) queue-times.com website. Colossus, Stealth, Samurai and Slammer have had awful reliability. So awful that most of those are closed and expected to be closed.

A casual observation from my previous visits, friends visits, their social media and this forum suggests the park opens more times than not on one train operation, regardless of how busy it is.

Issue? Obviously the engineering department. Don't have enough staff? Hire some. You can even get agency workers. Want some trained up? Get some apprentices. Want to have a decent reliability? Sort yourselves out.

There's a huge issue, and one which I'm increasingly getting irritated by those who defend it. It's not defendable. There's no way that coasters can have an 'issue' with one train which results in it appearing out of the garage at almost the same time every single day. That's due to piss poor operations.

However, I take my stance with not visiting. I just fully agree with the negativity and hope thorpe sort themselves out before they destroy everything they've got going for them (which isn't much, as they've destroyed their reputation over the past 5 years anyway. Hence the situation they're in now).

But considering they're spending all their time on half arsedly sorting out their marketing, without any improvements to the day guests, I don't think they'll be improving for some time.

But yay for Chessington. They've managed to sort themselves out. New management plz.

Good bye Chief Rangers Carousel! Had some fun tonight with ya, and all the other enthusiasts/staff.

It was cool to finally see what it was designed to be like, and not empty with a bored teenage op but rather full of people all chanting and yelling and having a fun time. I've never really cared for the ride but after tonight I'll be sad to see it go. 

Come soon 2016, and do some justice! 

• 4 months later...

Samurai, slammer, saw, swarm, X, rush, Rumba rapids and tidal wave all reported to be closed according to queue times. Not the best start to the season if I'm honest.

That is just poor, there should be nothing closed on opening day, I can just about forgive Slammer being closed if it's still having extensive maintenance work done on it but everything else should be open.  I see nothing's changed with Thorpe this year then  :rolleyes:

Well the rides are ageing and as a result may take a little more time than they used to. Then again saw and swarm are not exactly old. However to have 8 rides down is concerning, if it's because of a lack of engineers then they really need to start hiring more.

Slammer is excused and maybe rush if they fix the swing height But really all should be open.