Jump to content

The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proof Varney is actually Thanos.   Merlin will never reopen it unless it’s themed to a Donaldson I.P.

Meanwhile in Europa, on the exact same ride, everyone sits wherever they want and the single ride op doesn't even leave the booth to check anything. No one dies.

I'm sure it'll be making a splash back soon. For the next 3 years.

Posted Images

Does anyone know the date when Blackbuckneer's successor will sail into Pirates Cove at Chessington? Additionally can any I tell me how many months,weeks or days it takes to assemble a swinging pirate ship ride. In my personal opinion I doubt that the new swinging pirate ship will be open for the 19th of March the first day of the Chessington 2020 season.

 

kind regards and have and have a brilliant weekend from Theme Park Fanatic!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Does anyone know the date when Blackbuckneer's successor will sail into Pirates Cove at Chessington? Additionally can any I tell me how many months,weeks or days it takes to assemble a swinging pirate ship ride. In my personal opinion I doubt that the new swinging pirate ship will be open for the 19th of March the first day of the Chessington 2020 season.

 

kind regards and have and have a brilliant weekend from Theme Park Fanatic!

It depends I guess - if the ride is *exactly* the same and requires no / little ground work etc I can’t really see it taking long atall to construct I guess if ground work is needed maybe a bit longer - it could be ready for March I guess we will see construction soon from the zoo days!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree. The pit the boat sits in is already there,as is as the control booth and queline.The only work that will be required is the painting of the booth and queline and the errection of the boat and supports. I would also like Chessington to enhance the queline by adding more theming and even a new soundtrack.

 

I wonder if the arrival of a new swinging pirate ship mean that the of Pirate's Cove will receive an overall refurbishment?

 

To all me fellow forum members I hope that you all have an awesome weekend,kind regards Theme Park Fanatic

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mattgwise changed the title to The Blue Barnacle (Previously Black Buccaneer)
  • 2 months later...

Can somebody please tell me what the current state of Black Buckaneer's ride area is? I'm asking this as Blue Barnacle  was due to reopen as in Black Buckaneer's domain a week after Lockdown began.Can someone  please inform me of the Blue Barnacles manufacturer. All I know is that the Blue Barnacle is not a Huss Swinging Pirate Ship like it's predecessor was. Penultimatly can someone please tell me if the Blue Barnacle  is new or second hand? If the latter is applicable can someone please name the Theme\Amusement park where it previously operated. Finally will the Blue Barnacle be operational when Chessington can finally reopen to the public on the 4th of July 2020

Edited by Mattgwise
Topic already existed. Merged
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Theme Park Fanatic said:

Can somebody please tell me what the current state of Black Buckaneer's ride area is? I'm asking this as Blue Barnacle  was due to reopen as in Black Buckaneer's domain a week after Lockdown began.Can someone  please inform me of the Blue Barnacles manufacturer. All I know is that the Blue Barnacle is not a Huss Swinging Pirate Ship like it's predecessor was. Penultimatly can someone please tell me if the Blue Barnacle  is new or second hand? If the latter is applicable can someone please name the Theme\Amusement park where it previously operated. Finally will the Blue Barnacle be operational when Chessington can finally reopen to the public on the 4th of July 2020

I believe Blue Barnacle is new. I'm under the impression it's a Huss too, but I maybe be incorrect there...

 

Everything else: it's hard to say, as it will all depend on how much work they've been able to do during Lockdown (including whether they've been able to get people in to install and 'function test' the ride). That may be further complicated by the fact their carpark has been used for coronavirus testing. We'll just have to wait and see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, pluk said:

Is the white seating the final finish? 

@pluk I wonder the same thing. I think having white seats is very unwise as the rain and the public will no doubt result in staining. Theme Park Guide have since posted photographs of the Blue Barnacle’s supports and mast and they are a brown/wood colour so I would guess that the Blue Barnacle’s paintwork is very much still a work in progress.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have thought it would have been for seats to be painted / themed / styled / whatever off site / by the manufacturer, so there's a possibility that might be the final finish. 

 

But yeah, it's quite jarring and not the best look. And Chessington have done weirder things than theming seats on-site before, so wouldn't count it out just yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 weeks later...

 

14 hours ago, Zappomatic said:

Looks like a Zamperla: https://www.zamperla.com/products/galleon/

 

According to the specs this is somewhat shorter than Huss's equivalent: https://www.hussrides.com/en/classic-rides/pirate-ship

 

In the video on Zamperla's website it looks pretty lethargic.

Sure looks like it when you look at that odd end section with one entry to the two back rows. These are not great! What a shame, but I guess we could have ended up with nothing, so may as well appreciate that it's better than nothing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 3:17 AM, Zappomatic said:

Looks like a Zamperla: https://www.zamperla.com/products/galleon/

 

According to the specs this is somewhat shorter than Huss's equivalent: https://www.hussrides.com/en/classic-rides/pirate-ship

 

In the video on Zamperla's website it looks pretty lethargic.

Chessington Buzz has reported it to be manufactured by ‘Metallbau Emmeln‘ 

 

Here is a video of a ship also manufactured by them which looks to be very similar, with the same looking supports also. Luckily it swings pretty good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...