THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

As glad as I am they're doing this, it's going to be harder for me to avoid all the work now! :PAs the development has continued, I've more and more realised just how little I want to know about it before opening - keep the suspense, surprise, etc. Then geek out at the construction after riding it - hopefully I can avoid these brilliant looking updates for the next few months... Posted Image

Of course, keep our feet on the ground here, there are plenty of rides that look good and ride awful. Granted none of them are B&Ms, but you get my drift ;)Now the only thing Thorpe need to do to make the on-park marketing complete is by making the opening an event, rather than the crap we've had before in that it just opens. No pomp, no circumstance, just, an opening... If Thorpe can make as big a deal out of this opening with everything else so far, the marketing team should be promoted to Kings of Merlin Marketing, and in control of the entire company's campaigns.

Although.. remember when that priest opened Stealth. God that was bad.

I thought that one was quite clever actually and a bit tongue-in-cheek too. I think with Swarm, though, they've got real opportunity to have really strong, powerful marketing, perhaps something a bit more 'grown-up', as opposed to some cheap stunts.

The track is complete 2 weeks ahead of schedule! A huge thank you to all teams involved RCS (installers), B&M (ride designers and suppliers) and TG Cruse (main contractor). As a tradition each team has flown flag to signify this huge milestone.

Pretty amazing if I do say so myself! I'd like to know abit more about RCS, I had no clue who installed these machines before, can't wait to see the trains arrive!cheers

The circuit looks epic and that plane wing looks rather beasty as well.Quick question though. I know that before they even think of letting a train run a circuit of the track, they usually do a pull through to check safety envelopes and clearances; do you think they will use one or two cars from a train and gradually pull them through the track (like on Stealth) or will they setup some kind of representation to mimic the train plus the reach of riders' arms and legs etc. (like on Kingda Ka). What do B&M usually do for this?

Yeah, B&M rarely do a pull-through. Intamin do it on every new ride, but B&M don't.But in response to this latest update, wow! Looks brilliant. I can't wait to walk around under it and watch the trains swooping around. Just a thought though, are we to assume there will be netting / framework under the turn into the inline? Given we walk right under it I imagine there will be, but hope there won't be :PAlso,

Track is complete...let the theming begin.....

This line from the Dev Diary makes me happy :ninja: