THE SWARM: Construction Updates

Marc

I am still confused as to why this in the ride safety announcements topic and not the lovely, ride dedicated topic we have...Still, I'm loving this. Great bit of creativity and originality from Thorpe. Whoever came up with this idea needs a raise and a promotion. As long as they keep all of this up and don't let it die out like they did with the Saw viral videos.It's perfect. On park promotion- leading to thousands of people paying attention and being made aware of that website. This is how it should be done. :P

^Like my previous comment I 100% agree with you. Sci-fi just seems amateur although luckily I think after seeing the plans there appears to be no sci fi theming which is good :P

You do know most films with aliens in are sci-fi right, even things like Jurassic Park and Terminator..

Last time I looked there were no aliens or space ships on the plans so I would not worry. The only element likely to be alien/sci fi tech based will be the ride itself. I love the look of Raptor trains, so if we get something like that it would be amazing.

Sci-fi = science fiction.Therefore, anything 'sciencey' that is not true would be a 'sci-fi' theme. So, an end of the world, apocalypse is sci-fi.And when I say alien theme, I mean some sort of story behind the ride. A bit like how Nemesis is themed to the alien monster and that.

You do know most films with aliens in are sci-fi right, even things like Jurassic Park and Terminator..

Even 2012 was a Sci-Fi Film, as is The Day After Tomorrow, so the chances of it being Sci-fi related is extremely high...

Sorry I've been most unclear in my declaratives. I meant I don't like films with Aliens in I just think it's tacky. I like Jurassic Park, and I liked 2012, anything like that I don't mind. I was being ignorant to that Sci-Fi was science fiction, I just immediately thought (why I did) it was just aliens. Sci-fi theme is A-OKAY, just no aliens ugh.

Long time viewer of these forums, first time poster!!!LC12 - Long Count 2012? Long Count is the name of the Mayan calender that predicts the apocalypse on 21st December 2012.The Mayans theory suggest a solar maximum, Earth colliding with a black hole, or Earth's meeting with an alien planet 'Nibiru', will cause the end of the world.Could be an alien theme linked in there? Personally I don't think aliens will be the theme, looking at the plans, no alien structures and large theming being Fire Engines, Helicopters and a Aeroplane.It looks to me like a scene from a hurricane / tornado hit town, some maybe the end of the world, based on natural disaster?

Errrm... Having a look at the marketing material to date (which I must say is very much on a par with Oblivion's pre-building marketing)... Do you think it's relevant that they have used the universal sign for "virus" in their campaign?I'm a dance music producer and was looking through some new software and sound banks & found this... Look familiar?Posted ImageOriginal Source Credit: http://www.camelaudio.com/ViralOutbreak-Sound-Sample-Library.phpJust a thoughtEDIT: Lol, I've just realised just how apt this pack-shot is!

LC12net Think about it. There are more galaxies than grains of sands. How can there NOT be life out there? The attack is surely imminent #LC12

21-12-2012 will be the most important date for Humanity Ancient Mayans created the Long Count calendar http://bit.ly/dfzvR4

Is Obama a genetically engineered Alien/Human Hybrid ??? (22 flags) http://dlvr.it/PLndK

The destruction will come from beneath. The power will fail23 Apr

All from The Lc12 twitter page!Oooh, after recently watching war of the worlds, skyline and the day after tomorrow, I'm totally hyped for the 1st august... Looks like Thorpe park's themeing and storylines are getting better! Edited by holtjammy16

Looks like Thorpe park's themeing and storylines are getting better!

But... That's not hard :)Interesting angle though... I don't think there's THAT many rides which have a story focusing on alien devestation... Of course, atm I imagine it'll all be diversions and what-not to keep us all guessing...Good times...

Long time viewer of these forums, first time poster!!!LC12 - Long Count 2012? Long Count is the name of the Mayan calender that predicts the apocalypse on 21st December 2012.The Mayans theory suggest a solar maximum, Earth colliding with a black hole, or Earth's meeting with an alien planet 'Nibiru', will cause the end of the world.Could be an alien theme linked in there? Personally I don't think aliens will be the theme, looking at the plans, no alien structures and large theming being Fire Engines, Helicopters and a Aeroplane.It looks to me like a scene from a hurricane / tornado hit town, some maybe the end of the world, based on natural disaster?

Praying it's this.