The Swarm

JoshC.

And so the downward spiral begins on yet another new offering from the park.

A bit of an over-exaggeration there.

Though not a good thing, the use of TV adverts instead of the specific Swarm-loop (possibly even for just one day), it in no way signals that the ride and ride area will look shoddy and need a paint job and TLC, like the picture you used - which is probably Thorpe's worst example, as well.

Swarm will age well with time, especially if the additions over the past few months are anything to go by.

Swarm will age well with time, especially if the additions over the past few months are anything to go by.

Seriously? the ride might but the area is going to end up looking worse ad worse, at least with Colossus it had a natural ancient looking theme. As we have seen with SAW thorpe have no problems letting plants grow in the wrong place and the "apocolypse" theme is going to look terrible in a year. You cant char growing plants

Think it's just some enthusiasts putting 2+2 together and getting 5, as I think as well Rita's cable snap prompted Thorpe to shut the Gardens due to access being under Stealth's launch track...

It would be nice for it being built next year, but I would wait until the park confirm it themselves or via here, not some unknown coaster Facebook group...

Think it's just some enthusiasts putting 2+2 together and getting 5, as I think as well Rita's cable snap prompted Thorpe to shut the Gardens due to access being under Stealth's launch track...

Yeah I think this is it, I sitll dont get this though.. its not as if the first leg of the queue isnt right next to the launch track, along with thorpe still let you queue under the launch unlike at rita... odd

Yeah I think this is it, I sitll dont get this though.. its not as if the first leg of the queue isnt right next to the launch track, along with thorpe still let you queue under the launch unlike at rita... odd

Yeah, this really does confuse me - just makes no sense.

As for this whole bridge connection to Swarm, I personally think it's rubbish.

Posted Image

I believe Sunken Garden is the area near the bottom left, with a pool showing in it. Now, how can one build a bridge to Swarm from there without going onto Island A, whilst doing it cost-effectively. You can't really (it is physically doable, but just not worth it). Whilst you could build bridges from Island A, it would be pretty stupid really - the island has nothing, so they would have to build fences to stop people randomly exploring, and make them so you can't see a pile of dirt. Also, I really doubt the park would want that area to have public access in any way when they'd be developing in.

So yeah, I really just can't see that happening..

(Though, every time I say something like that recently, it has happened, so I'll no doubt end up being wrong again.. :-P)

My View Of The Swarm:

The Swarm is the most recent rollercoaster to be built at THORPE PARK. Standing at 127ft with a head first drop you surely get a thrill. The Swarm was built by B&M and cost £20 Million. I have ridden the swarm four times and in my opinion the right hand side is best for the first drop but the left for the near misses. all of the effects on the ride are now working these include fire bursting out of the fire engine and water jets at two spots there are also LED's on the trains. The ride it’s self is smooth and provides a great experience as there is no track above or below you. Although I have noticed that the black vests built into the seats do gradually get tighter during the ride but do not let that put you off. Overall it is a amazing ride and I will recommend everyone to go on it!o not let that put you off. Overall it is a amazing ride and I wi

I guess somebody has supposedly sprayed graffiti on it? Although in the middle of an alien invasion where planes are falling out of the sky and church roofs are being ripped off, the last thing I would think about doing is swimming across a pond to scribble something silly all over a potentially explosive crashed helicopter...

Not sure what this sticker is maybe one of you know.

Posted Image

A quick translate of the word across the top finds it to be Hungarian meaning appropriate, adequate or suitable. I'm going to guess this part was manufactured in Hungry and this is its quality control sticker which has remained in place, which is odd as I though all B+M steel work was manufactured in either Switzerland, Germany or Utah? Where is it located on the ride?

When visiting, I realised... the entire launch way has huge fencing either side underneath the launch track - the only bits guests physically go under it is near the station and the tyre entrance, both are covered appropriately. The only part of the launch not covered is the section to sunken garden, which is fenced off.

Rita on the other hand, has nothing like this whatsoever.

A quick translate of the word across the top finds it to be Hungarian meaning appropriate, adequate or suitable. I'm going to guess this part was manufactured in Hungry and this is its quality control sticker which has remained in place, which is odd as I though all B+M steel work was manufactured in either Switzerland, Germany or Utah? Where is it located on the ride?

On the brake run at the end. You can see it if you continue on up the island past the ride entrance. It is just up there