The Swarm

JoshC.

The timing of the fire has also been changed from 2013/beginning of 2014. When riding last year, instead of feeling the blast as the fire went off, you only felt the heat if you were on front row as you went through the billboard. I wish the timing could be changed back as it was much better with the old timing where you felt the fire as you were doing the zero-g roll on any of the rows 1-5!

The Swarm area does still look good for what it is, but for an area that has been jet washed, the station chewing gum and graffiti is still something to be desired.

Yeah I noticed this as well, chewing gum in the restraints and the trains were filthy, even more so Stealth's which looks like it's been hit with a hammer!

Do they not clean the trains?

The Swarm's area does not look like it's been jet washed - the floor maybe not not anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well LC12 obviously stood for Lez Cougan 2012. I just hope Thorpe aren't bringing this sort of marketing stunt back for another project!

Seen a couple of comments like this after the mentioning of WC16.

The 'LC' in LC12 stood of 'Long Count' / 'Long Count calendar', as can be seen here:

swarmbts18.jpg

(Credit Total Thorpe Park)

Hey, I have just joined TPM! I'm sure The Swarm is getting more and more forceful each season, especially in the turn over the water :D

Welcome! :)

Thought the same actually when riding it in February, its a pretty forceful and intense ride in places, defiantly matured well. 

It'll never be a s forceful as Inferno though! I've lost count on how many times I've come off with pins and needles in my feet... :P

Inferno is similar though - during its first few years, it wasn't as forceful as it is now.  I expect Swarm will be the same; the beauty of B&Ms!  

Personally I find the helicopter turnaround (when you're on the right hand side) more forceful than any part of Inferno!

If I sit in any right hand seats on Swarm I get a headache after (really bad one too), but if I sit in a left side seat, I'm fine.

We sat on the last front facing seats on the left last time (our regular seats) and it was noticeably faster than the previous visit, so much so that my son even mentioned it which is unheard of as he never takes any notice of that stuff.

It'll be around 80 seconds between trains when running absolutely flat out, possibly even slightly less.  It might be theoretically possible to run even faster, but that's about the best I've seen it do and there didn't seem to be much room for improvement.

Swarm is probably one of the easiest coasters in the park to hit max capacity on due to the large number of staff, 2 across seating with plenty of space for guest circulation and no bag storage issues.

That's all well and good when all the staff are doing their jobs and not standing on the center track chatting during loading.

I felt so sorry for the old guy with white hair who was forced to check everybody's belts twice while his colleague stood on the track in front of us swapping sweets with the guy on the right hand side who was undoubtly supposed to be doing the exact same job, but alas thought it more important to give his colleague a sweet and slag off a disabled guy who the other staff were trying to unload off the train. We had to do our own belts up ourselves.

I would have said something but got the feeling that the race card would have been pulled if I had.

(This was a couple weeks ago, not recent).