The Swarm

JoshC.

Out of interest (and going off topic - sorry) - just wondered how long it takes for sick to be cleaned up on rides? (weird curiosity!) So yesterday Swarm was on 2 trains and walk on??? - on a saturday? (or have I got the days wrong doh). At last Sundays meet we had to queue to ride The Swarm - not horrendous queues but I am quite an impatient person and get all fidgety - made me realise and appreciate how lucky myself and the others that went to the ERT/photo shoot were. Swarm is my favourite ride but I don't think I could physically queue for over an hour for it - unless I took a portable chair :lol:

Well when we got there they had shut the que's and there was a staff waiting outside, was waiting there for about 10 mins or so. He said he only just got back from his break but he heard it was quite bad. And yes we came back later and there was no que, you just walked straight into the station and chose backwards or forwards there.

On reflection now, I do think the backwards rows idea on Swarm is brilliant - it makes the ride even more re-rideable and just seems all round great. The queue system isn't great though, and on busier days, I expect it to be a nightmare for staff and guests.

Speaking of queues, there was one point where the Fastrack queue for Swarm was longer than the main queue! Made me chuckle...

• 3 weeks later...

On SWARM, I am pretty sure that the flame emission from the fire engine is supposed to react to every seventh pass of the train.

It was like that last season I believe, though in my visits where it's been working (I assume the times when it didn't 'work' was because it was turned off due to the weather more than anything else?), it was reacting every 3 trains.

By reacting, do we mean when the flame actually ignites, or when it fails to and covers the area in a gas cloud of death?

To be fair, in my experiences this season, when the flame has meant to ignite, it has ignited. And even if the gas cloud of death has been happening this season, I'd bet my bottom dollar it's no where near as often as last season.

Anyways, Inferno, 10 years old, woo, etc.

going thorpe in 2 weeks, and just want to check what the situation is with the swarm... so you don't have to prebook to ride the swarm backwards, just queue as normal? and is there fast track for the swarm backwards, or just the normal ride? many thanks.

I'm not sure about fastrack (I don't buy it) but there is a completley separate queueline for the backwards rows, you just turn up and queue for it as you would for the forwards rows.