Fright Nights 2013

Confuzzled

No fastrack on BWP? Only reason I can think they'd do that is is the throughput is going to be too low to take it, could mean rather good things for the experience!

Surely a scare zone will have next to no queue though?

I can only assume that there'd be a slight wait to allow an even spread throughout the area? I'd be very surprised if there was a queue for it really.

Oh, is that a scare zone? I've not been paying attention! I don't see that working very well with that theme, out of all of them you'd want seclusion and smaller groups on that surely.

I thought the 'Your Next' was more scare zone. So we are down to 4 actual mazes? It was 5 and a scare zone previously wasn't it (I really haven't been paying attention). Presuming the gate figure will be about the same and the same proportion of guests will want to enter the mazes won't that leave us with queues about a fifth bigger than previously?!

Yes! The Cabin In The Woods has now been changed to a 'live action horror maze'. Was probably just an error or they just put 'scare maze' instead not realising it was different to the rest. That means 4 LAHMs and a scare zone, and you're next roaming characters. I'm very happy with that! :D Very happy with TCITW now being a LAHM rather than a SM :D

thorpe park stated when we asked them that it doesn't mean there will be any less actors regardless of what TCITW was described as... it will just differ to the normal mazes as there's interactive elements (either actual interactive features and scares, or interactive in the sense you have to choose your own directions and outcomes, or both).

Oh, is that a scare zone? I've not been paying attention! I don't see that working very well with that theme, out of all of them you'd want seclusion and smaller groups on that surely.

I thought the 'Your Next' was more scare zone. So we are down to 4 actual mazes? It was 5 and a scare zone previously wasn't it (I really haven't been paying attention). Presuming the gate figure will be about the same and the same proportion of guests will want to enter the mazes won't that leave us with queues about a fifth bigger than previously?!

Yeah, I'm not quite sure how they're going to pull it off; it's all about the building of tension, which will be difficult to achieve with a more constant and sporadic flow of people. You're Next would have suited a scare zone well, but I think the roaming actors will work well.

The past couple of years, we've had 5 mazes and roaming actors, and 2010 was 5 mazes and a scare zone. So, we have effectively lost an actual maze. I do have worries about the queues this year, especially as it looks like Slammer will be out of action for Fright Nights as well. Presumably they have taken it all into account, and have worked to ensure the mazes' throughputs are high.

As for CITW now being labelled a Live Action Horror Maze, I think they've done it for simplicity. Whilst it is set to be more interactive than the other mazes, calling it something different probably confuses people, and so it makes sense just call it the same thing probably.

• 3pm - My Bloody Valentine, Cabin, Asylum and SAW Alive - all open.
  • 5pm - Logger's Leap, Rocky Express, Carousel, Mr Monkey’s Banana Boat and Rumba Rapids all close.
  • 6pm - Blair Witch Opens
  • 8-9pm – select rides close depending on demand
  • 10pm - The 4 mazes close for guests and re-open for 'Brave It Alone' half hour. (16 years + Only)
  • 10.30pm - The 4 mazes close.
  • 11.00pm - Start of Blair Witch Camping.
  • Early hours - Blair Witch Camping finishes.

Fright Night open hours.

• 5pm - Logger's Leap, Rocky Express, Carousel, Mr Monkey’s Banana Boat and Rumba Rapids all close.

I'm guessing Carousel and Banana Boat are due to lack of popularity (especially if the entire event is for over 13s). Loggers and Rocky are interesting; wonder how much of that is due to Blair Witch?

Rumba is interesting; I can only guess it's more due to the fact the scare zone could go up that end of the park as well? Can't see it being due to lack of popularity / cost cutting really; Tidal Wave surely would have been a better choice then.

Probably more to do with unrestrained water rides in the dark being considered 'dangerous'? Shame though.

I did have a terrifying experience on Rumba a few years back in the pouring rain in the dark... Couldn't see a thing and all it was around me and the rest of the boat was water...

It's probably to do with that, akin to Towers closing the Flume at dusk due to not easily seeing a lot of the ride area...

Rumba had new lighting installed over the winter and I understand loggers has CCTV which can see at night too.

I can understand Loggers if Blair Witch goes past it... It would massively distract from the experience but no idea why Rumba is closing, would of expected Tidal to close before rumba.. unless theres somthing we dont know!

I can see Tidal Wave being added to that list as well. Rumba and Tidal Wave don't have very high ridership during Fright Nights and as some of the more expensive rides on park to run, they are logically the first to close. Surprised Tidal Wave isn't first on the list but then again they run that ride very oddly. On those freezing temperature days in March, Tidal Wave was one of the last to close.