The 'Definitely 100% Totally Going to Happen' London Resort

Liam T

Weren't there quite a few flaws with Disneyland on its opening day, such as peoples shoes melting into the freshly laid tarmac?

There was rumours of a park, been open for ooh.. 30 years that ran out of food last year. Point being, Walt Disney was attempting something that had never been done before with rides and themes, Paramount have experience in this field so I wouldn't worry that much about the South Korea park. Can't see the Spain one opening on time.

You'd be surprised at how quickly theme parks can be established. They really don't take that long to build, even the big ones. It is only financial issues that can really slow down construction of a park.

I imagine those two parks mentioned above could easily reach the deadline, so long as they start construction imminently.

• 1 month later...

An update for you

This park may have the paramount theme but paramount are not putting any money toward the project they are only consulting In the design plans - it is actually London resort co holdings which are in charge of it but have been given the rights to feature some of paramounts films - but only in the uk.

Transformer will NOT feature a the rights are with hasbro and they are not consulting on the project.

However Star Trek, paranormal activity, mission impossible and titanic are currently some of the attractions that will feature with others to follow but bear in mind this is due to the case that they are still 'going through the creative process of arriving at the most compelling attractions'

Hope you find that interesting ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

Another update for all you wonderful people - not too much to report but at least there is still movement!

On top of all the things their planning to bring to this resort they are also going to have a country park placed at the tip of the peninsula and also an exhibition center used for educational talks which revolve around Techno Expo which concentrates on technologies of the future.

They're planning to make the most of public transport as they want to limit car use. To try and help cars go out at peak times though they are going to be hosting big daily carnivals and evening entertainment shows to keep people on site during peak traffic hours. Possible plans of 1 million school visits every year are also in the marks.

There is still really big emphasis on making sure major British brands will play a part as they do not want a bit of American plonked in Kent. To help raise all the funds needed they have recruited the guy who helped get all the funds for the Olympic Games 2012 in order to happen and the only thing at the moment that will stop this from happening is if the 3rd Thames crossing is going to be built at the peninsula :( but I also know that there are many possible sites at the moment for the 3rd crossing and by the time the government get going the project would have already started to be built (fingers crossed)

One thing I was surprised to find out is that they already have 5 years worth of plans on new rides, restaurants and shows planned for after when the park opens! Public Consultation opens up at the beginning of next year and if it goes ahead construction will begin in 2015.

Hope you liked another update ^_^

• 3 months later...

Just a little update...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2303910/Plans-giant-2bn-Paramount-theme-park-edge-London-halted-discovery-rare-jumping-spider-colony.html

Should be a simple solution but you just know something like this could be dragged out for years...still it's nice to see some investors taking an interest in this. If all else fails theres plenty of barren land up here ;)

They would halt the construction of the themepark that can make 27,000 jobs and millions for the economy, because of a small colony of spiders???? Only in Britain!!! If this was America they would have already put them in a box and flown them to another spot!

For those of you saying 'only in Britain' and how crazy it is that a spider colony can halt a big project, this is a common situation. People called ecological consultants are regularly hired for big projects like this (for example when building/expanding roads and building new housing) to assess the area and check how it would affect local wildlife. There are lots of rules and regulations that must be followed and so this is just another stepping stone to the project.

Ecological consultants can arrange for the transfer of a species and so that's possibly what might happen, providing they can find a suitable location to transport them to.

So stay calm :P

As Ellie Says, nothing to worry about - Headline will make it seem it's on halt to grab attention and get you to read. They had a smiliar problem at the Olympic Site but work still progressed as they wanted it to happen.

There is a lot of buzz in the area about this and the majority of people in the area want it to happen, councils have given full backing and to be honest it's all a bit of publicity to keep the project in the limelight rather than it being forgotten about and therefore it not happening at all. It's good to see it's still rolling strongly.

Plus it's the daily mail they LOVE to Scare Monger! ;)

I just found out about paramount park a couple of weeks ago and took a look at the plans but they didn't help me at all; all I know is that it is meant to be studio based 'theme park' and it will have europes largest water park. Anyway, let me get to my point, it is meant to be a rival of Disneyland Paris but will it have any thrill attractions like it or thorpe park etc?

Thanks guys.

Yes it's meant to be the third largest theme park on earth behind Disney world Florida and Disneyland California, or so I'm told and yes definitely a rival to Disneyland it's on a 1000acre plus site which is definately bigger then alton towers and thorpe park, and to the thrill attractions yes it will have thorpe rivalling roller coasters, well 2 atleast from the concept picture anyways, hope that helped :D