Park Operations

Daniel.S313

Have to say that even with the terrible reliability yesterday, the park operations were awesome. The ride crews were working their backsides off even with the short queues. Particularly on Swarm, Vortex, Colossus, Inferno and Detonator. Was mucho impressed. For all the crap we give Thorpe, the staff were awesome yesterday. Friendly, engaging and damn hard working.  :)

Have to say that even with the terrible reliability yesterday, the park operations were awesome. The ride crews were working their backsides off even with the short queues. Particularly on Swarm, Vortex, Colossus, Inferno and Detonator. Was mucho impressed. For all the crap we give Thorpe, the staff were awesome yesterday. Friendly, engaging and damn hard working.  :)

It's so easy to criticize, so this is a great post, and if I can, I always thank and praise the staff, it is only right.

Much better operations at Thorpe Park today compared to my previous visit. All staff worked hard and efficiently as possible

Only issue was queue times inaccurate. For example it said 45 mins on X and it was only 20 and Rumba said 5 but had a virtually full queue from bottom of stairs. Angry birds stated 8 mins till next show and had the waiting area completely full for it to then not even have the doors open and the timer reset to 20 mins. By the time the second timer got to about 15 mins a lot of us gave up and left.

Much better operations at Thorpe Park today compared to my previous visit. All staff worked hard and efficiently as possible

Only issue was queue times inaccurate. For example it said 45 mins on X and it was only 20 and Rumba said 5 but had a virtually full queue from bottom of stairs. Angry birds stated 8 mins till next show and had the waiting area completely full for it to then not even have the doors open and the timer reset to 20 mins. By the time the second timer got to about 15 mins a lot of us gave up and left.

Recently the operations have improved at Thorpe and fast pass seems to be better now but when I went to cwoa their operations were twice as bad with a sign out front saying tomb blaster, rattlesnake, monkey swinger and safari skyway will not open, bubbleworks broke every 30 mins, dragons fury opened 3 hours late and closed early and then Vampire said it had a 70 min queue, go in its on two trains not going back far in the queue so should be twenty mins or so, when I get in the station they are running a normal train and the other is for ultimate fast-track because they had most likely been oversold massively.... That on Vampire was just ridiculous

At the park and every coaster except saw is on one car! Queues double what they should be

Yep my brother is on park as well, he's told me that all coasters are on one train and that even Rush is only on one swing.

What is going on with Thorpe at the moment?  :angry2:

when I get in the station they are running a normal train and the other is for ultimate fast-track because they had most likely been oversold massively.... That on Vampire was just ridiculous

That's ridiculous on any ride, when will they learn?

What I said about vampire they were doing on inferno earlier, and stealth has had its second train on the transfer track all day and has been closed since about 1 with four engineers on it, swarm opened late and keeps breaking down with row 3 locked off on both trains and rush on the swing which doesn't reach 90 degrees but is actually passing it today (right swing I looking from tidal wave).

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Colossus will now remain on two till the end of the season, its just annoying when you see it at the front of the workshop with no engineers and it looks as if they just cant be bothered to move it out....

Whilst it may look like that it won't be the case - Colossus spent the last few weeks on 1 train due to the other needing repairs.

It seems Thorpe have gone back to my favourite excuse again.

"We are sorry you felt this way, but to conserve energy and aid the environment we reduce cars when there is low demand"

Funny, you would think that if they felt so strongly about the environment, it would be the same at all Merlin parks...

So how come Alton Towers will always run rides on two trains even if there is "low demand?"

Just some rough working (may have gone wrong) stealth only uses approximately 3.5kwh per launch. So say it launches 40 an hour which would be pushing it with 2 trains so it's looking at around 1000kwh per day. The saving energy thing doesn't save that much. An average house uses 6500kwh per year.

Stealth is definitely a maximum in the park so there saving the environment thing with one train is basically worthless on the other rides. Stealth would have an impact but swarm...