Park Operations

Daniel.S313

The way I read the post was that X, Slammer and Loggers would be closed for 2016, and Colossus would be closed for good at the end of the 2016 season?

The Colossus thing sounds like rubbish for sure; I doubt they'd have made such a decision so soon, let alone have something like that be leaked out already. Treat rumour with a hefty pinch of salt I say.

First rule of internet rumour spreading: make sure you know wat year you are in.

Next year XYZ is closing, and then in 2016, w is also closing too.

OK......

Well no... They said X Slammer and Loggers will be closed all season, which means they'll be closing this season. Then they say "and in 2016..." So end of 2016 Colossus will be closing ;)

Well Colossus has randomly been having parts of its track painted. Maybe it'll be closed for a repaint during the season. But I can't see it going for good, especially considering it's still extremely popular. Slammer I could see going eventually, and there's been rumours about X going eventually too, but they wouldn't remove all those rides in one season, that's ludicrous.

Well no... They said X Slammer and Loggers will be closed all season, which means they'll be closing this season. Then they say "and in 2016..." So end of 2016 Colossus will be closing ;)

I'm just taking the piss because he appears to be referring to two different years when it's only the one. It would sound more plausable if he had said 'X, Slammer and Logger will be closed all season and Colossus will cease operations at the end of the year'.

Official reason: not enough demand to run second train.

Real reason: Saves money, saves wear and tear, only enough time to sign off one each morning, not enough engineers to prepare two, train is broken, new safety 'protocols', not enough staff, wind is blowing in wrong direction, wrong type of leaves on the line (oops sorry wrong train company) etc. etc. Take your pick, there's probably plenty more...

Most queue times were wrong today, but mostly in favour. Saw at 11:30 said 45 minutes and we walked on, and even allowed to go under the chain back on as it was so quiet. X has remained at 20 - 25 mins almost all day and on all my rides it was 5 minutes. Colossus, stealth and Swarm once advertised as 15 or 10 minutes but again virtually walk on. The only ride we waited a long time for was Nemesis Inferno at 25 minutes, but it didn't dispatch a train for 10 minutes during the wait.

My Bloody Valentine was 10 minutes at about 4pm and looked only slightly longer around 7pm. Big top took 20 minutes (see pic of queue below). Cabin was about 20 minutes and Saw seemed much longer so we didn't bother, but heard someone say they waitied just under an hour, so likely that was the longest maze queue.

Fast track sales were low too which helped.

Also worth noting all rides at full capacity.

It was so quiet at times, look at some of the queueline pictures I took...

post-3324-0-08779600-1444596211_thumb.jp

post-3324-0-94520300-1444596228_thumb.jp

post-3324-0-83504500-1444596241_thumb.jp

Thorpe's response to someone on Facebook who complained about Fastrack overselling was this:

Hi, FRIGHT NIGHTS is one of our most popular events, and as such queues can become longer than expected. We do offer Fastrack tickets to give guests the option to reduce their queueing times and is available for everybody to take advantage of!

Great, lets just use someone's complaint as a way to advertise Farcetrack even further!  :rolleyes: