Summer Nights

MarkC

As I said, the longest I queued was just out side the volcano for Inferno so all of 10 mins.. That in my books is "minimal queueing" ?

As for queue at entrance I agree with this if it was really that long, when I collected mine at around 6:30 there was only a 5 min queue to get these.

I got my ticket within 5 minutes, just queued about 6:50!

Only thing I'd suggest is that they make sure they check for wristbands on all rides. I went on inferno first and there were a number of groups without them, they did start checking later though!

I thought it was a brilliant event and would go again for sure, maybe (this isn't THAT negative) they should start summer nights 30 mins later and close 30 mins later so staff have longer to prepare the rides and clear queues!

All in all it was a fantastic event though, well done Thorpe!!!

It's not "Queue Free" though is it? (Which was being advertised in the dome yesterday)

I definitely queued longer than 10 minutes for some rides at the park.

I guess we have different ideas on what short / queue free is. Its certainly the quietest you will ever see the park during the main season thanks to the limited ticket sales! I really dont see a queue just over 10 mins as unreasonable but there you go :P

It's not "Queue Free" though is it? (Which was being advertised in the dome yesterday)

I definitely queued longer than 10 minutes for some rides at the park.

Would you mind answering my question on how many rides you got on please. :)

^ Did you go to the same event as me?

It was not minimal queueing, some rides had one train's worth of waiting at some points whereas at others it was quite a while.

It was the queue at the entrance that was worse though.

MY GOD NO! NOT A TWO MINUTE WAIT FOR A ROLLERCOASTER! No wonder you are outraged.

I went Friday and in the park was what I would call "Queue Free" 10 minutes at one point for Swarm (reduced to one train mind) I'd be happy any day of the week to queue that length for. The only issue was the ticket collection as we queued in the morning for the ticket, and when we went to go back in at 7.30 we were then told we had to re-queue to get a wristband, which was 40 minutes in the queue. Once inside no issues and well worth the money.

I did feel sorry for the people that left (we took family that didn't stay) as Stealth was shut all day Friday but opened for Summer Nights! (We got on though) Great event and really hope it's brought back and maybe extended to other dates.

MY GOD NO! NOT A TWO MINUTE WAIT FOR A ROLLERCOASTER! No wonder you are outraged.

Are you serious?

OBVIOUSLY I was agreeing that at some points the wait was just one train (which is good!) but at other times it was considerably longer.

I didn't count the rides, but I think it was twice on some and once on the others. Oh yes and a few extra goes on NI at the very end, although even that stopped a few minutes early (by my watch anyway so don't jump down my throat if I was wrong!).

To be honest it wasn't £5 that was the problem - it was the fact that as an annual passholder to pay for an event you expect something very good (as lots of smaller parks stay open until 10pm for no extra charge, with the same size queues as Summer Nights had (Oakwood is one of them)).

And I'm not outraged. I never said I was outraged, I said disappointed which is a less sarcastic version of outraged.

And bare in mind you get to ride everything in the dark. We didn't really queue for anything aside from Swarm and we didn't get as many re-rides as last week, aside from 4 times on SAW after a lush kebab - which thankfully didn't come up after! :P

Storm Surge

Inferno x5

Saw x3

Colossus x2

Stealth x4

The swarm x7

-

Inferno x3

Storm Surge

Stealth

SAW 4x

Colossus

Swarm

The first was last week and the latter last night. Still not a bad ride count regardless considering we were all very relaxed and taking our time around the park.

Are you serious?OBVIOUSLY I was agreeing that at some points the wait was just one train (which is good!) but at other times it was considerably longer.I didn't count the rides, but I think it was twice on some and once on the others. Oh yes and a few extra goes on NI at the very end, although even that stopped a few minutes early (by my watch anyway so don't jump down my throat if I was wrong!).To be honest it wasn't £5 that was the problem - it was the fact that as an annual passholder to pay for an event you expect something very good (as lots of smaller parks stay open until 10pm for no extra charge, with the same size queues as Summer Nights had (Oakwood is one of them)). And I'm not outraged. I never said I was outraged, I said disappointed which is a less sarcastic version of outraged.

I'm only semi serious. I just couldn't begrudge £5 for what is essentially 5-10 minute queues for the parks main rides. I find it hard to think of that as poor value when you could pay £6 to ride Brighton Piers Turbo once or the amount people pay for Chessington to get on Seastorm and Skyway.

What Thorpe offer looks like great value to me.

Are you serious?

OBVIOUSLY I was agreeing that at some points the wait was just one train (which is good!) but at other times it was considerably longer.

I didn't count the rides, but I think it was twice on some and once on the others. Oh yes and a few extra goes on NI at the very end, although even that stopped a few minutes early (by my watch anyway so don't jump down my throat if I was wrong!).

To be honest it wasn't £5 that was the problem - it was the fact that as an annual passholder to pay for an event you expect something very good (as lots of smaller parks stay open until 10pm for no extra charge, with the same size queues as Summer Nights had (Oakwood is one of them)).

And I'm not outraged. I never said I was outraged, I said disappointed which is a less sarcastic version of outraged.

I went to oakwood for the after dark event and because of the throughput of the rides, the queues were really bad!

Went to the first summer nights event and had a really great time, and didn't queue at all, except to wait for the next train to come, absolutely dead, was actually quite eerie how quiet it was; unfortunately for others it has been slightly busier than when I went from what I've heard, although I still wouldn't complain as it is minimal queues which they did change their advertising to. The ticket booths though were a shame as when I went I was told in the day I couldn't get my wristband til the evening although I didn't see what the harm was in them giving it to me there and then, but came out at half 6 ish and queued about 5 mins for my wristbands, I can understand how people are annoyed with the queue for the tickets, but besides that, from when I went and what I'm hearing the event is pretty well spot on - well done thorpe! :wub:

Erm, Thorpe Park summer nights was amazing yesterday, considering the queues were 2 hours most of the day and then they dropped to 5 minutes as soon as the event started. It was impossible not to have fun. And the staff were really helpful when the Swarm had its technical issue... it was really worth it.

Comparing Summer nights to after dark at Oakwood, the queues are better and faster plus there's more time for night rides and for £5, I consider the slight extra pay worthwhile as you're getting small queues and night rides which are two brilliant things. Also the rides usually stay open until closing whilst when I did after dark, Megafobia closed an hour before closing meaning we couldn't do any night rides on it.

Tbh the park only need 1 train for these events (providing queues stay short) and also trains need inspecting too so they can run properly for next day operations.

Comparing Summer nights to after dark at Oakwood, the queues are better and faster plus there's more time for night rides and for £5, I consider the slight extra pay worthwhile as you're getting small queues and night rides which are two brilliant things. Also the rides usually stay open until closing whilst when I did after dark, Megafobia closed an hour before closing meaning we couldn't do any night rides on it.

Tbh the park only need 1 train for these events (providing queues stay short) and also trains need inspecting too so they can run properly for next day operations.

You forget this is Oakwood's busiest periods and the fact summer nights is an add on when its free for oakwood then of course the queues will be quieter. Oakwood dont make people leave after 6pm and the fact there are alot less rides, and megafobia was closed for fireworks because I dont think anyone wants a firework launched into their face tbh because the fireworks were right next to it (fireworks and wood I know stupid ) Summer nights will always be better but its a bit silly comparing something a smaller park offers to what a large one does because the larger park will always have the resourcesto make it better.

For me I had no complaints on the one train operation or the queues at any of the rides as the guest numbers were fine for minimal queues and one train operation. I did 13 rides in two hours and left at 9:30 as we had enough. I could have easily got 30 rides in if I wanted to, but we were more than happy with the number of rides we got in.

The price to get in £5 was very good. You have to remember this is the cost to park your car at Thorpe if you don't have a premium MAP.

Due to the 45 min wait in a fly infested queue, this will definitely mean we won't be renewing our annual passes as this is really the final straw for us. (not going into details and boring you all)

But on a positive note, if Thorpe can keep the ticket collection queue down or let you do it all on-line, then I would be more than happy to pay £15 to go to the same event next year as for me it is so much better value for money compared to a normal day. Fair enough the ride selection is limited, but to get 13 rides in 2 hours against a normal 8-10 rides in an entire 8 hour day with the added £5 parking and more expensive entrance fee these events are very attractive.

Due to the 45 min wait in a fly infested queue, this will definitely mean we won't be renewing our annual passes as this is really the final straw for us. (not going into details and boring you all)

The flies were horrible and the wait time was appalling I agree, but surely one bad event isn't enough to stop you renewing?

I really don't mean to sound rude here, but haven't you said this before? On a number of occasions? Every time you have a bad day at TP? On a side note, I'm a little perplexed by your post, you say you had a very good evening, where happy with the quantity of rides you rode, and don't mind the ride where on 1 train, but your complaining that you waiting 45 minutes, for a queue you haven't yet explained to us.

So, out of interest what DID you wait 45 minutes for, I'd understand your frustration if you waited 45 minutes for a ride that was on one train. However I get the feeling your talking about the queue at the entrance as you have already said they where fine. I waited in the entrance queue on Saturday for about 25 minutes, wasn't too bad, no flys or the sort.

I'm only semi serious. I just couldn't begrudge £5 for what is essentially 5-10 minute queues for the parks main rides. I find it hard to think of that as poor value when you could pay £6 to ride Brighton Piers Turbo once or the amount people pay for Chessington to get on Seastorm and Skyway.

What Thorpe offer looks like great value to me.

At London Mela the other day, they were charging £5 for 'Storm'. It was only going round 3 times and then stopping and you got off. This is what I call high priced and expensive- not £5 for 3 hours of 10 minute queueing...

Well they 'could' turn off the floodlights which is what attracts them in the first place :o

It's not the floodlights, they appear in all sorts of places like the path leading into the staff car park, the bridge normally has loads near the end of the day too (even when the lights aren't on). Not really sure why it's now that suddenly there's a massive gathering!