Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Samurai is undergoing it's period of regular maintenance at the moment so that it can continue running smoothly (a bit like Stealth having it's cable changed biannually). Hopefully back open soon. Just bad timing that quite a few rides are having a rough patch at the moment simultaneously!

I was there on Monday so had the fun of Saw stalled, Inferno shut etc! Let's just say guests weren't happy...

Samurai is undergoing it's period of regular maintenance at the moment so that it can continue running smoothly (a bit like Stealth having it's cable changed biannually). Hopefully back open soon. Just bad timing that quite a few rides are having a rough patch at the moment simultaneously!

I was there on Monday so had the fun of Saw stalled, Inferno shut etc! Let's just say guests weren't happy...

Will samurai be up and running for next Thursday? Because the ride attendant said it would be! Thanks

Okay, I admit it, I too was there yesterday, and I'm not vegetarian.

For reasons best known to me, I went straight to Stealth and only recognised two of the team, so a little worrying but no problem they were very helpful.

One of the lads has been working in the park but not on Stealth for three months, therefore it does indicate that staff are all on different levels of experience, and it seems to me that there is less supervision from managers at the moment. At times there were massive gaps which required proper batching.

I observed two chaps in the queue both wearing black coaster tee shirts but I did not get a chance to converse - "Hi!" if it's anybody here.

Thought things were going too well when on approaching the platform the ride stopped short, and I announced to those around me that we would be there for a while; we were, until released using the "jockey pack".The ride was not fixed by the baffled engineers for at least an hour and a half.

The Dodgems had been undergoing a "dead on their sides" maintenance check and finally I got in to a car as they reopened, or rather they did not, as the engineer had left with the control key in his pocket which caused a further delay.

The park was really busy, and one of the staff informed me that over 5000 had booked online for yesterday.

All the other queues were massive, I.e. over one minute, and so I called it a day (I live local), because, it was, a day, a Wednesday in fact.

Yep I was one of the two lads in black cedar point tee shirts. There were also 2 other people in cedar point shirts who were part of the european coaster club. The stealth/ swarm/ dodgems/ tea cups team were made up of a mix of new people. Met them all at the end of the day to retreive the car keys and I recognised a few not all of them. I did also see that my favorite ride operator has been given a promotion to some sort of manager with an ipad.

Also on reflection my initial post may have been a bit harsh on them, however I shall still not forgive them about ignoring both of my complaints about queue jumpers. Why have the signs saying you will be evicted from the park if you let them get on the ride with no punishment at all.

Moving on from all these fanboy first world problems...

I've enjoyed all my recent trips to the park despite any breakdowns and the park being fairly busy in the summer (obviously) - This probably says more about my attitude than the actual park but it feels more enjoyable as a whole than a few years ago.

Also on reflection my initial post may have been a bit harsh on them, however I shall still not forgive them about ignoring both of my complaints about queue jumpers. Why have the signs saying you will be evicted from the park if you let them get on the ride with no punishment at all.

I have to agree with you on this last point. I would be furious if I had been queue jumped and no action had been taken. If I were you I would write into guest services and only HOPE they fix the problem. However, my guess is they will only offer you free fastracks to try and cover it up.

If I am ever queue-jumped again I will be talking to the ride team and then if they fail to do anything I will be having a personal word with the guest services department. It's not something I appreciate and the issue shouldn't be there in the first place.

Yep I was one of the two lads in black cedar point tee shirts.

Then "Hi" to you ProjectLC, I was the somewhat older guy in the light blue tee shirt, single riding on Stealth, if I could.

Met them all at the end of the day to retreive the car keys and I recognised a few not all of them. I did also see that my favorite ride operator has been given a promotion to some sort of manager with an ipad.

That's odd, they normally only get a "helping hand claw" thingy.

Also agree with you; really annoying, difficult to confront, and also difficult for inexperienced ride ops.. If one can, you just walk past them and utter "after me you're next" but it still is difficult.

No one trains today!

Everything was fine today par Saw and Loggers.

Loggers started the day dry but between 11 and 1 it was filled up and going, and saw broke down around 4ish due to what looked like an issue with the first fin on the final brake run (from Colossus you could see the cherry picker extended up to the brake run and people inspecting only this first fin.)

Reserve n ride worked well once it got going, but to be honest it would never work if all the rides in the park were switched to it and had no normal queues. that'd be pointless and people will be just waiting round all day.

Rush had a nice day today, both arms seeming to get good height (muhahahaha James, neither of us owe eachother anything. Don't believe this, ask frightnights04)

Good day today, got everything we wanted to get done again and had a nice little trip out of the park to be met by a racist, swearing, and physically abusive redhead. 

Otherwise, not bad for the busiest weekend of the year!

• 2 weeks later...
THORPE PARK Mini Meet: 28th August 2014.

I know it's a bit late, but I haven't had the time to type this up till today!

It was an early start for me as my first train out of three was at 6:25am. Annoyingly the train was packed which I was slightly surprised about being this early in the morning, this meant I had to stand up in the train for around an hour when I finally arrived in London St Pancras. After getting the underground to Vauxhall, I was now on the train to Staines, getting both more nervous and excited to go to my first ever meet :). I arrived in Staines at around ten past eight, where a shuttle was waiting. I didn't think the price for it was to bad, could have been much worse. I arrived at Thorpe's gates at around 8:40ish. 

After a period of waiting around, the others turned up at around 9:30am. We then entered the park. Quite a few rides were not open straight away ( SWARM, Quantum, Loggers and Slammer (expecting that anyway) but everything except Rumba opened.

We started off with Rush which was walk on and we get swing A, the cycle was quite good just to short :(

After this we did Colossus, Saw, Loggers and Samurai. Paige and a few others got stuck on Saw, but had a good pod on Samurai, but the rest of us got a good ride on Saw but a bad pod on Samurai.

For the rest of the day we continued to go round the park going on most of the rides. We wanted to go on Stealth but it broke down at around 3:15. We decided to ask the staff standing outside blocking the area if there was a chance of it reopening. As it was around 6pm, it was very unlikely it was going to reopen that day. But at around 6:45pm it opened and we ran straight to the station. We all had a go front row and then another go in the rest of the train. This was definitely the highlight of my day! 

After a long day it was time to catch the train back home and I arrived back in Luton at around 9:35pm.

Ride Count: 

Rush x1

Colossus x1

Saw x1

Detty x2

Samurai x1

Loggers x1

Slammer x1

X x1

Inferno x1

Stealth x2

Swarm x1

Teacups x1

Vortex x1

Pros:

Slammer in operation :D

Stealth at the end of the day

Great Park Atmosphere

Really nice to meet new people!

Cons:

Most of the flats on bad cycles

Rumba closed all day

Storm Surge Still Exists ;)

I would like to say thanks to everyone who made my first meet a memorable one and especially to Paige for organizing it all! :) It has definitely been a highlight to my year and I will be coming to meets more often! 

Went on the same day as Jason(Thursday 28th) just not with the group. Was quite good as all rides in operation except for rumba rapids and several rides broke down during the day. Overall was a good day so not going to go through everything in detail will just post my ridecount below:

Total Rides: 22

Saw x1

Nemesis Inferno x2

Stealth x1

Colossus x1

Swarm Forwards x1

X x1

Teacups x1

Rocky road x1

Dodgems x1

Quantum x1

Detonator x1

Samurai x3

Slammer x3

Rush x4

Was a good day and got on a lot of rides due to getting in earlier with our annual passes. We managed Colossus and nemesis walk on at the beginning of the day, followed by stealth and saw with 20minute queues. We managed to do all the flats with 30minutes or less(samurai walk on twice in the morning and slammer walk on all three times). We also managed to do rush 4 times with a 5minute queue at 5pm due to the board saying 45minutes but the actual queue being virtually none existent. We only had to wait 60minutes for swarm and all other rides we waited 0mins for. Overall we did not have to do much queueing except when slammer broke down and people were stuck in the ride; the queue was eventually evacuated. We went back later to slammer, it managed 2 cycles and then broke again. So we probably wasted around an hour waiting twice for a ride which we never got on, however had been on it 3 times earlier in the day and been on most of the rides already. At the end of the day we also managed to do inferno again and X walk on after 6:30.

Visited yesterday (31st) and was very busy - I don't think I'll be visiting again during the Summer Holidays in the future... Colossus started the day on one train which amounted to 100 minute queues at some points, not sure if the second train was added as I stayed away from it for the rest of the day. Eventually gave up on the day and left at 5:45. Not a bad ride count though considering how busy it was and not using fastrack

Stealth x1

Colossus x1

Saw x1

Quantum x1

Rush x1 

Loggers x1

Rumba x1

Slammer x1

X x1

Inferno x3

Total: 12

Pros: 

Saw SCB at Inferno ;)

Slammer :wub:

Smoothest ride I've had on Colossus

Cons:

Very busy

Colossus starting on one train in the summer!!

Saw - most rattly and bumpy ride I've had so far

Shall do a report for the summer nights

The first ride I went on was Nemesis Inferno as I didnt get on it during the day as the queue was bloody massive!! So I headed for front row and she rode really well! Queue was a bit long since it seemed loads of people headed for it! Then I went onto SAW and saw at dusk is really amazing! Then it was back on SAW again haha! Then I headed over to stealth for front row again (I queue up for front row everytime now!) and it was awesome! Then thorpe park really became a paradise in the dark :D it was dead and I headed for SWARM and it was a short queue and I queued up for the 5th row and it was amazing! I then headed to SAW and It was amazing! The atmosphere of the ride at night is super creepy espically with Billy the puppet popping up every so often and talking to you! Then I headed to swarm and went on it backwards and I forgot how scary it actually is on the lifthill there is nothing to hold onto except the bars but you get an amazing view! Then I headed over to stealth and the ride crew were really intracting with the riders and people queueing they turned off the countdown and the lights so people didnt know when it was launching haha! Overall summer nights is a brilliant event but I do think they should only sell a set amount of tickets on the summer nights (say like 1,000 on friday and 500 on saturday) but overall its a bloody wonderful event and I look forward to attending next year :D