Thorpe Park Trip Reports

Just come back from a nice afternoon at Thorpe park. Pretty full for an off peak day according to someone at Thorpe park they had an unprecedented high gate number due to inset days .arrived at 12.00. ride count

X- 1

Slammer-1

Detonator-2

The Swarm-1

Saw-1

Loggers leap-1

Depth Charge-1

Tidal Wave-2

Colossus-1

Stealth-1

Nemesis Inferno-1 (front row)

Positives

Nemesis was full of mist :)

Saw was operating very fast (Q time said 45 mins at entrance and actually took 25.)

Wild wongs noodle restaurant was extremely fast got the food within 30 seconds of saying what we wanted.

Cola refill tasted like cola for once and not water with cola flavoring.

Colossus and The Swarm were running on 2 Trains

Negatives

One train operation on nemesis inferno and stealth.

In the wild wongs restaurant the box seems to have got smaller and the price has gone up. (I think)

No Flying Fish! :angry:

That's about it really as I say it was a nice afternoon and I'm sure it was marginally better than going on Saturday I'f we'd been there all day I'm sure we'd have got on all rides in the park without any problem.

Thanks for the report.

Was rush open today? I looked at the queue times to see what was closed as I'm going tomorrow and Rush, Vortex, Fish and Rumba were all closed?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Rush was shut in the afternoon as was rumba rapids don,t know about vortex as I was not in that part of the park at all today. I also had lunch and took a few photos of studio 13 and walked rather than ran from ride to ride which is why my count is slightly lower than it could have been and had a quick browse in the shop.

TR:  Sunday 28th September 2014

CLOSED:  Flying Fish

BREAKDOWNS:  None!  (That I know of)

RIDECOUNT:

Nemesis Inferno x5

The Swarm x3

Colossus x3

Saw: The Ride x2

X x2

Slammer x2

Stealth x1

Samurai x1

Detonator x1

Tidal Wave x1

Loggers Leap x1

Rumba Rapids x1

TOTAL:  23

HIGHLIGHTS:

• Nice atmosphere on park today
  • Fairly good ridecount
  • Construction is coming on nicely for Fright Nights
  • Dispatch times on Swarm and Inferno were pretty good (not perfect).
  • Swarm and Inferno were running better than I've ever known them to!

LOWLIGHTS:

• Stealth on one train all day :(
  • Lots of people smoking around the park, and only one member of staff actually did anything about it.

Saturday 27th September 2014

Rides closed: Flying fish, Tidal wave until around 4:30

Breakdowns: Stealth, Angry Birds 4d

One train: Stealth, The Swarm until around 12ish

Ride count- 

Nemesis Inferno x5

King Pigs Wild Hog Dodgems x3

Slammer x2

Detonator x2

Colossus x2 (1 front row)

Saw the ride x1

Stealth x1

Rumba Rapids x1
Angry Birds 4d x1

Rush x1

Mr Monkeys Banana ride x1

Vortex x1

The Swarm x1

Samurai x1

X x1

TOTAL: 24

PROS:

- Operations on Slammer were a lot better in the morning, although they still aren't loading while the ride was in operation.

- Better ridecount than I expected, wasn't too busy

- Made good use out of ERT, Colossus with a re-ride, Saw, Inferno 3 re-rides and Stealth with no queue.

- The Swarm felt very forceful today, and actually really enjoyed it!

- Good atmosphere on park today, especially on Vortex

- First time I've heard the entrance music playing with the video, sounded really good!

- Infernos mist was the best I've seen it, was amazing!

CONS: 

- Stealth on 1 train all day

- Awful ride on Saw in the morning, soo rough and soo jolty

- Poor operations on the dodgems, mainly due to only 2 staff but there was no effort made by the staff

- No queueline music for Slammer this season, making the queueline very dull

Other notes- 

- Flying fish's train only has 2 cars left already :o

- Studio 13's exterior is looking really good! 

- Seemed to be a lot of work going on by MBV all day

- All of Rumba's fright nights lights were on for some reason, testing them for fright nights maybe? 

- The Swarms fire was going of every train in the morning, but since they added the second train it wasn't going of for the rest on the day :(

- Left the park just before 5, so could of got a lot more rides in

icon_minipost.gifPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: icon_quote.gif

I went to TP today . 

The park was nicely empty and most rides were only five minute queues. 

Apart from Saw all rides seemed to be on one train, the park was really quiet. 

Met a couple from another Club and we even rode the Tea Cups together, a Coaster Clubber takeover, well there were only the three of us on it. 

During a refreshment break from Stealth, I rode Colossus twice, Nemesis Inferno and Slammer once each, but the pull of my favourite won through. 

Funny incident, I rode on Stealth beside a young lady who told me her mum did not want to ride it as "well, she is nearly sixty!" (that's for those that know me).

Did have to remind one ride-op that part of his job was to offload, they were waiting.

Watched a "manager" do his "check" visit to the loo - signing the acknowledgement paper, and not noticing me standing near the sinks, at all, as he did not walk in from the doorway. 

The weather was as forecast, great.

Mixed day today. Up until about 1:30 was dire. The park opened with, tidal wave, x, flying fish, Colossus, stealth, dodgems, rush, slammer, loggers leap and detonator closed. Then by 11 slammer, loggers leap opened as usual along with Colossus and tidal wave. X and flying fish were closed all day. Stealth was closed until 1 ish broke down repeatedly and ended the day on 1 train. Dodgems had 8 broken cars by the end and kept closing.  Detonator was on and off all day whilst making some very odd noises. Nemesis inferno was down for about an hour around half 2 ish. Swarm was on 1 train until 1:30. Rush opened with 1 swing at around 1 ish. 

However after all the break downs it wasn't too busy and became more enjoyable.

Ride count:

Swarm 7

Nemesis inferno 6

Stealth 2

saw 1

Colossus 1 (front row, walk straight on)

Slammer 3

Samurai 1

Vortex 2

Detonator 1

rush 1

rumba rapids 1

Zodiac 1

Ride total: 27 

Positives:

- short queues in the afternoon

- adding a second train after apologising to me on twitter

- Nemesis started on 2 trains

- slammer was working (most of the time)

Cons:

- Swarm on 1 train until 1:25!!!!!!! Despite having a 120 minute queue

- Everything broke down at some point (only zodiac and loggers leap didnt)

- 20 minute delay at saw to retrieve someone's lost item (surely they could have waited until the end of the day like normal)

Detty, vortex, inferno, swarm, storm surge and saw did break down. However I did forget about the existence of depth charge, rocky, and samurai. So I will change my statement to all rides which anyone cares about broke down at some point. 

Detty definitely opened late as we were turned away from it, loggers as usual people were not allowed in the queue until 11 and tidal wave opened late with no water on the drop all day. 

they offerd me a load of priority passes so I took them up on the offer. Also I wanted to get in a visit before RnR ruins the park.

And yet the Priority Pass system is essentially the worst idea that Thorpe have out of that, Fastrack and RnR.

You're complaining about a park then adding to the problems yourself!!

Yes and I did tell them that when they gave them to me, however I wasnt going to say no was I.

You could, I do remember some people who went to Thorpe for Saw's opening day refused such an offer (though it was return tickets as they had no MAP) and wanted tickets to go to Towers and they were not going to visit again anytime soon...

If you dislike the park so much, don't visit, regardless of any bribes you might receive via complaining...