Thorpe Park Trip Reports

I do this every year. I often make a fuss over nothing. I was going to leave Feb half term alone however when Thorpe said someone got 60 rides I couldn't resist. Jan to may I'm quite happy with Thorpe. The rides work, and they deal with the queues. After that I start getting annoyed. I know its hypocritical, but quite frankly I don't care.

I do this every year. I often make a fuss over nothing. I was going to leave Feb half term alone however when Thorpe said someone got 60 rides I couldn't resist. Jan to may I'm quite happy with Thorpe. The rides work, and they deal with the queues. After that I start getting annoyed. I know its hypocritical, but quite frankly I don't care.

Guess we can just ignore your rants now if even you don't believe in what you're saying.

85 rides is a hell of a lot though. I'd have lost interest after the fifth go I think.

LC, out of pure interest, why did you complain about the event fee and then not take advantage of what the event has to offer? Brainiac live was absolutely fantastic and I think you would have enjoyed it, thus making the £5 more worth it! :)

---

I think all of you need to cut LC some slack, I was too originally very negative about the event taking place during half term however after experiencing it, my opinion changed and I really enjoyed my day out. Even so that I retract my original statement and will say the event was superior to my experience on African Adventures.

As a forum we are a community, and while a forum is the perfect place for discussion, sometimes I feel people are too harsh and can be giving quite mean and hurtful comments to others. I have experienced some mean and disrespectful opinions myself on the forums and while I may ignore them and move on with life, these comments can be extremely hurtful at times. I appreciate there needs to be two sides of an argument on a forum and there needs to be a debate to bring the community closer, however sometimes I feel there is a lack of respect being passed around between individuals.

Everyone has an opinion and these opinions may change over time. Everyone has rights to express their opinion, however sometimes I feel people go about doing it in the wrong way.

In no way am I having a go at anyone here, as at times I may have been disrespectful myself, however I think particularly in this situation people are giving LC a harsh time and this has happened in other situations before.

It may not be my place to say it, and I'm truly sorry if I offend anyone, however I am trying to put forward my opinion in the most respectful way possible, treating everyone fairly.

What you actually said:-

I was going to avoid leaving posts and just read the forums but £5 for standard MAP holders is just... I dont have any words which can sum up my outrage. £100+ and they want more on top of that for something alton offers for free. It will be discount entry for everyone except the pass holders who suffer an infinite price rise. I am point blank disgusted with them. Why on earth should any pass holder have to pay to get into this "event". Its just a week of operation with reduced capacity and they want to charge there loyal customers for that.
Ill go back to the shadows now of just reading. I just need to get that off my chest.

Good luck getting a complaint to them before tickets go on sale. I sent a reply in an ongoing matter 17 days ago and still waiting a reply. It has only been 13 working days but its still a very long time.
I cant express my anger with them over this as I still care for the park in an odd way. However as many suggested I've given up with merlin, if they see another penny from me again I will be amazed. Europa park is by far the way forward and the more people who know that the better.

It depends what they consider correct. I've seen swarm with a 100 minute queue on 1 train op with the 2nd train just sitting there waiting to be put on. I'm expecting about 2-40 minute queues at this "event". open from 10am - 5pm that isn't worth a penny. In fact if its free its still questionable. No matter how much I may like stealth and swarm a day of just those 2 in the cold doesn't sound amazingly appealing. 

I refuse to visit them anymore. They dont value their customers, they just squeeze as much money out of them as possible. They add charges so you either pay them each time you visit or just pay an upgrade fee so the charges go away. I sent a complaint to them 21 days ago with still no reply so I'm assuming I'm never getting one. Ive had enough of them. The only reason I will ever visit them again is so I can ride stealth and I will carry out that trip so merlin dont see a single penny.

You couldn't make this stuff up, lets face it.

I know, but opinions change. Those posts were prior the knowldge of what this event was like. I still stand by that charging £5 for a Feb half term event like all the other half term events is outrageous. However this event turned out to not be like the others. It was basically a 6 hour summer nights (not by intention). I would also say that merlin dont value their customers. I did stick to what I said, I visited to ride stealth. Say what you like, as stated earlier I dont care. I enjoyed my day and I dont see why I have to justify it to you lot.

We're choosing to ignore the posts, not 'be mean'

He said himself that he is 'hypocritical' and people don't 'have to read' his posts; so there you go!

If you come on the forums and cause arguments by complaining about every little detail about the park, and then go back on a week later and completely defy the point of your posts, you're essentially just trolling, which we don't take kindly to.

We're choosing to ignore the posts, not 'be mean'

He said himself that he is 'hypocritical' and people don't 'have to read' his posts; so there you go!

If you come on the forums and cause arguments by complaining about every little detail about the park, and then go back on a week later and completely defy the point of your posts, you're essentially just trolling, which we don't take kindly to.

I don't mean to troll and I don't feel I moan about every point. Everything I put at the time I believe in, however I often realise that somethings I have said are stupid. I don't come on here to cause arguments, if people can not deal with opposing opinions then I don't see how a forum can work.

I don't mean to troll and I don't feel I moan about every point. Everything I put at the time I believe in, however I often realise that somethings I have said are stupid. I don't come on here to cause arguments, if people can not deal with opposing opinions then I don't see how a forum can work.

I didnt agree with your over negativity about the charge, but I'm glad you changed your mind and actually enjoyed your visit.

Everyones entitled to an opinion, some are more vocal about theirs than others and you've clearly realised maybe you was a bit quick to criticise at the beginning and ended up enjoying your day regardless. 

It's not a case of people not dealing with opposing opinions as many members do have opposing views and such, it's more your hypocritical nature. Don't get me wrong there are other people who do it, I myself was a HUGE hypocrite at certain points.

Despite you 'just going to ride Stealth', you are increasing the park's footfall which tells them the event/place is popular and if people still pay the charge that implies there's no problem.

It's not a case of people not dealing with opposing opinions as many members do have opposing views and such, it's more your hypocritical nature. Don't get me wrong there are other people who do it, I myself was a HUGE hypocrite at certain points.

Despite you 'just going to ride Stealth', you are increasing the park's footfall which tells them the event/place is popular and if people still pay the charge that implies there's no problem.

I don't see the issue - his first post said:

Well for all the hate I was giving February half term, I now see why people love it. Seeing as I pay £5 for summer nights I can justify the amount for Feb.

He's made it clear the £5 charge isn't a problem for him personally by both visiting and the post on here, its possible to change your opinion - a good day at the park certainly helps that! 

I don't think Thorpe park can see the event as popular. It was good fun but I doubt it got the number of people they were expecting. The number of annual pass holders (most seemed to be premium) there today compared to the number of normal guests was incredible. I doubt Thorpe made much money today. Other days I cant speak for but it was very quiet today.

Ill try and reduce the extreme statements which should hopefully reduce my hypocritical nature. However it doesn't need a load of people arguing with me to do that. A simple private message would have done.

But being mean to him doesn't really make it any better.....

Wasn't being mean. I gave no view or interpretation of his posts and neither did I twist the truth.  :)

Maybe, instead of jumping the gun everytime you disagree with something, you take a step back and think about things a bit more. At the moment you are coming across very strangely.  :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

7th March 2015 

Arrived to find the entrance queue not too bad, but the queue built up into a quite a distance!

Ride Count:

Colossus x3

Inferno x2

Swarm x1

Stealth x3

X x1

Loggers x3

Detty x2

Vortex x1

Zodiac x1

Storm Surge x1

Pros:

Queues were fairly tolerable most of the day.

Infernos Mist :wub:

Main coasters were on 2 trains except Colossus

Lots of improvements

Vortex running at a decent height

X opening a few minutes before closing time (for non VIP's)

Cons:

Saw not opening

Colossus only on 1 train

Vortex opening late

Detty didn't have its countdown running :(

Overall an excellent day. Went expecting no Detty, Loggers or X,  although Saw and Quantum didn't open I preferred having Detty and X open!

Vortex opening late

Sunday 8th March:

Had a great day today, queues were mostly short and we got on nearly everything that was open!

RIDECOUNT:

Nemesis Inferno x5

Stealth x5

The Swarm x3

Colossus x1

X x1

Loggers Leap x1

Detonator x1

Vortex x1

Zodiac x1

Storm Surge x1
Flying Fish x1  :lol:

TOTAL: 21

There were some breakdowns such as Nemesis Inferno and The Swarm but they were dealt with fairly efficiently, and in both cases the rides were only down for 30 minutes at the most.

Highlights:

- Short queues, apart from Colossus (although we avoided this by going there first), X (again we avoided this) and Storm Surge.

- Some areas of the park have had some TLC

- Inferno, Swarm and Stealth were all running well!

- Mist working on Inferno!

Lowlights:

- Saw closed despite the fact that it was supposed to be open, and too many of the other rides closed in general.

- One train operation on Colossus and two on X.

- Some areas of the park still look very tired and in need of some attention.

- Swarm's effects not working