Feedback of the Site

Cringle

not sure whether it's just my internet settings, but don't seem to have the issue with any other websites... is when I click on a link on the forums it replaces the page with the link, so after looking through whatever is on the link, am having to close it down or keep pressing back which is somewhat annoying haha - anyone else get this problem?

not sure whether it's just my internet settings, but don't seem to have the issue with any other websites... is when I click on a link on the forums it replaces the page with the link, so after looking through whatever is on the link, am having to close it down or keep pressing back which is somewhat annoying haha - anyone else get this problem?

So you're wanting to open links in another tab, if I'm understanding correctly? Hold ctrl key and left click on the link and it'll open in a new tab.

Make sure the photos are not set to private.

On photobucket use the second link down of the list of four to the right of the picture, marked 'Direct'.

On your post here click the little thing that looks like a picture underneath the smiley and paste the link there.

If that doesn't do it it'll need someone more tecy than me!

• 1 month later...

Recently I've been reading a few articles from Theme Park Tourist (https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkTourist?fref=ts ) and they've been really interesting reads. That got me thinking, there's a lot of people on here who have creative ideas and are good at writing blog posts, so why don't we have something similar on TPM? I'm sure a few people would be up for writing articles for TPM, they wouldn't specifically have to be Thorpe related, but could be about any Theme Park news/views.

I know we have the 'blogs' system, but this could be something seperate that could go on the TPM website, it would definitely get more people using the website as well as the forums and could even bring more members on board if these articles are posted on our Facebook page.

We could have people writing about what rides they'd like to see at parks, the future of the theme park industry etc. I think it'd be really interesting and we'd get some cracking articles. Just an idea I had, thoughts?

Recently I've been reading a few articles from Theme Park Tourist (https://www.facebook.com/ThemeParkTourist?fref=ts ) and they've been really interesting reads. That got me thinking, there's a lot of people on here who have creative ideas and are good at writing blog posts, so why don't we have something similar on TPM? I'm sure a few people would be up for writing articles for TPM, they wouldn't specifically have to be Thorpe related, but could be about any Theme Park news/views.

I know we have the 'blogs' system, but this could be something seperate that could go on the TPM website, it would definitely get more people using the website as well as the forums and could even bring more members on board if these articles are posted on our Facebook page.

We could have people writing about what rides they'd like to see at parks, the future of the theme park industry etc. I think it'd be really interesting and we'd get some cracking articles. Just an idea I had, thoughts?

It's a good idea and natural progression as people start to visit more parks but I'm not sure how impartial certain article topics could be while keeping the Official Fansite tag.

It's a good idea and natural progression as people start to visit more parks but I'm not sure how impartial certain article topics could be while keeping the Official Fansite tag.

Perhaps if articles are moderated so it has to go through the mod/admin team first, then that wouldn't be a problem.

Turtle does indeed raise a good point, but I think Ryan's idea could still work.

We have the blog features on the forum and, no doubt, if someone wanted to write a blog entitled 'Why I think Thorpe is rubbish' (or whatever), and give a good argument for why they think that, then it would stay on the forum. The forum itself is all about free speech of course, so there'd be nothing wrong with that. Indeed, I would love to see someone write a good blog post on why they think Thorpe is rubbish (if that's their view), as it would no doubt lead to a good debate.

But I think having articles written by members could work as well. Yes, of course, with TPM being the official fansite, it would be unwise for the website to publish an article giving heavy critique of Thorpe, but there could be articles praising Thorpe, people giving their views on what they'd realistically like to see at Thorpe in the future, or reviews on other parks, just to mix things up a little bit. It could generate more discussion, leading to more membership on the forum, and then more balanced debate, meaning that we're not going to see 'THORPE PARK IS AMAZING' everywhere and, at the same time, avoid publishing negative-Thorpe articles on the main TPM page.

I definitely like the idea and think it could work if the articles were of the right topic. Would love to see it trialled out if the Team think it's a good idea!

• 2 years later...