New For 2015?

OldFarmerDean

To be honest, I've never got the whole unlimited pizza thing.

You're at a theme park - why would you want to spend £10 odd to eat unlimited pizza then not be able to go on rides for a couple of hours because you're stuffed to the brim?  And if you don't stuff yourself, then you're not getting your money's worth.

Always seemed lose-lose to me.

^ Or just be sensible? We're not all binge-eaters. 

Eat what you want until you feel you've had enough, and refill your drink if you're still thirsty. It also means you can try different pizzas instead of ordering one, only to find you don't like the taste.

I don't see what's so challenging about a buffet. 

The one thing I didn't like about the Pizza Hut buffet is the fact that the staff were dreadfully slow. The pizza rack was empty for about 5minutes for the staff to bring out one pizza and it to be grabbed by the 50 people standing around it before you could grab a slice. It took me at least 10-15minutes on one occasion(in peak times) to get a piece of pizza!

Hopefully the pizza pasta staff will be better and will actually replace the pizza instead of just leaving loads of hungry guests waiting.

^ Or just be sensible? We're not all binge-eaters.

Eat what you want until you feel you've had enough, and refill your drink if you're still thirsty. It also means you can try different pizzas instead of ordering one, only to find you don't like the taste.

I don't see what's so challenging about a buffet.

I get what you're saying about getting to try a couple of different bits, but for the cost it's hard to make the buffet decent value compared to other on park options without going for it a bit.

I've only buffeted once in a park. Never again!

So is this the future of Thorpe Park? Does every new attraction need an IP to make it work? Hope whatever they choose is a timeless classic, otherwise they're going to have a park full of dead IP's that all need quick re themes (which Merlin SUCK at).

Ding dong. This is something original at the door.

I expect that the data for these results will do more than decide what sort of rides or attractions the park add in the future.

Results will show what sort of demographic are willing to respond to surveys, to see if they've expanded their target market to more than just 16-24 year olds.  They may not necessarily create an attraction from the popular choices, but may advertise when those shows are on, during the pre-film adverts at cinemas or in game boxes / in games themselves (which I think is now possible?).  It will help the park see how we'll they're doing in expanding their target market and help them improve.

They could also theme some events to shows.  If X Factor / Britain's Got Talent proves popular, maybe the park will do another 'Be Discovered'-esque event like they did in 2006/2007.  And the fact that they ask 'If Thorpe Park were to hold a festival...' suggests to me that a festival could well happen in the future, and if they know what's popular with the market, they can tailor it to the market.

We're not going to see FIFA: The Ride any time soon.  If we do, I'll eat my hat, and oldest, smelliest pair of socks to go with it.  What this survey shows is that the park are planning on creating more events / extras, and they're trying to see what suits their newly-founded target market.

I really want to see something original! Swarm works very well with no IP. That said if they have to have another IP they need to go all out to make it work and throw some decent money behind it. With the possibility of Paramount not to far away and many having experienced what Universal have to offer it has to be special.

I agree on the themes of potential shows the likes of X factor may work, used to quite enjoy the Spiderman stunt show. But the prospects of Hunger Games of Orange is the new Black surely goes against the family image pushed this year.