Logger's Leap

Garyy

I would think some TLC as if you look at what is going on at Chessington, I would expect Loggers to get some work. I doubt they will want to rip it out to replace it with another ride as they already have two islands they can place a ride on.

We will all be keeping an eye on it and hoping it gets some TLC and maybe CCR opening too!

If Loggers had a refurb what would you like to see changed/replaced?

I can imagine even some good animatronics wouldn't go a miss; maybe even a plot line about a logging mill?

I think I'm just dreaming of this.

(Yes, another MiceChat link.)

I don't think Loggers really needs much, nor is it going to get much. For what it is at Thorpe, it serves it purpose. It's never going to draw crowds when it's cold, and it will remain reasonably popular when it's hot. The route is nowhere near long enough for much to be added, and the main draw of the ride will always be the final drop.

In an ideal world I think they could do something decent with a new tunnel. Would love to see some moving mechanics in the first lift hill (I'm thinking cogs, gears, sound effects, saws rotating, just to give the impression of a working Logging company). Then perhaps the dark portion could have some better effects added to it, a waterfall? A water curtain (hands up if you remember the one on Dragon Falls - you're getting old!), some sound or lighting effects. The portion just out of the dark section already has a nice prop, it just needs tidying up. The drop needs nothing done to it, it's a great ending! The station could do with a real tidy up, and again, some moving parts would look cool.

Also agree with Bill, the queueline should be ripped out and rebuilt. It's a relic from when LL was one of the biggest rides on park and is too long, and could easily be more scenic. Thorpe's general crowd mixed with horrible switchbacks make an unpleasant queueing experience when it doesn't need to be.

• 1 month later...

Loggers Leap is one of the last and very few remaining links between the magical Thorpe Park of old and the now soulless, aggressive and disenchanting park of 2013. LL typifies what TP used to do best, a ride that incorporates thrills, adventure and has an atmosphere of class and tradition. It has a character like very few rides I have been on. It may have cost next to nothing to construct 24 years ago but it ticks all the boxes, a ride of scares AND fun.

It captures many childhood summers of fun and nerves I spent within the park and is one of very few attractions that still exists. Many don't see why there is so much fuss over the removal of the pitch black tunnel through which the ride operates but its gradual neglect and rot is typical of TP's decline. The soul is being ripped out of the park bit by bit and shows no sign of resurrection. Yes, it's a small part of a now 'minor' ride but it massively aided the fun and thrills on the ride.

What will TP's legacy be in 20 years time? One of charmless, formulaic constructions in a park of customer aggression. SAW, Inferno, Colossus and Tidal Wave shoe how thrills, fun and character can be created. Sadly, the future is vacuous 'Swarms' and 'Storm Surges'!

Ideally what they need to do is give Canada Creek a proper facelift including Loggers Leap which is slowly becoming a shadow of its former self.

Will it happen? Probably not, but nothing wrong with being a little optimistic is there? ;)

I have said this before and I will say it again, many people don't know where Loggers leap is. Today I got asked by many people where exactly it is as if you are at Saw or Colossus, there is no signs, you can't see the ride, The answer is a very simple one, but a huge sign on the side of the station building.

As for the future, it all depends on what Thorpe have planned, most people will agree they wouldn't loose any sleep if the Rocky Express went, but we never know, Thorpe may have plans for CCR to return at some point and if it does then the current theme works very well, is CCR is never to return and they get rid of Rocky, then there is a lot of land they can build on and it would be easy to have a Th13teen sized ride in that area.

Or a Spinner *cough* spinball *cough*

went a few days ago, and it being one of my favourite rides, it has been changed a lot.

I will do a comparision between the last few times I went on it, and the one most recently.

Recently: The dark section was taken out, so not as much as a surprise, but you do get a lot wetter. it felt considerably shorter as a ride, even though I know it is the same. They could have handled the queues better- said 5 minute queue, when I saw th actual queue seemed more like 30 mins. in the end 45 minutes, they decided after 10 minutes of me joining the queue they had people sharing their boats(fair enough). Many people went into the fastrack queue without realising. Maybe better signage, and the final drop(maybe 2) had no water on the track, although on the way up on that drop, it did feel steeper, so maybe could be what they have done with the surrounding area, and how they is considerably more water in the rest of the "track" if you call it. I feel that they are aiming for more of a extreme ride rather than a fun and thrilling ride. Staff were ruder, and more "Pushy" if a word to describe it.

Times before: dark section surprised me and first drop was as wet, and queues handled very well. Boards updated well, and no one I know of went in the wrong queue. The final drops had a decent amount of water, the ride was fun and exciting. Good ride and staff very polite.

• 3 months later...

Got stuck at the bottom of the first lift hill for about 10 min, with 2 boats in front of us and another on the top of the lift hill. They then got the ride back up and running, so all the boats in front of us went to the next lift hill, except us, we got stuck at the top. There was 2 staff with us at the top telling us what was going on,we had to to to the next lift hill to get evacuated because you can't really jump out on that lift hill because the steps are too low. The water at this point stopped running to we had to wait till they got the water back on before we could go to the next lift hill. We were up there for about half an hour speaking to the staff at this point and everyone else had been evacuated, there was no boats behind us. An engineer came and got us down this lift hill. We then got to the second lift hill where there was a staff waiting for us, we then had to wait until they turned the water off again for us to jump out our boat because it would of rocked to much for us to get out. 5 mins after that we jumped out and walked down the old CCR track to the station where we got given free fast tracks. It was actually really fun and nice to be able speak to the staff for ages at the top, everyone was really friendly.

Recently I've been hearing that the water level is too low for it to be pumped in, but I'm not sure. Also if your visiting on Fright Nights it is because it closes for the MBV maze (although I dont see how it makes any effect) may just be because its dark and cold

With all this rain and the water level is too low!? I know it's meant to close at 5 for BWP but it just doesn't seem to open all day at all for fright nights. However I did visit about a week ago and it was open all day and we had 6 goes on it :)