Project Exodus - New for 2024 (Hopefully)

Mysterio Ka

According to Jack Silkstone's latest closed season update from Thorpe Park, stuff is now happening in Old Town:

The things that have happened include:

• Lumber Jump has disappeared, and Timber Tug Boat may possibly have gone as well.
  • Fences have gone up and minor work is beginning around where Creek Freak Massacre was located.
  • Deconstruction work on Platform 15 has commenced.

Slammer is currently still intact, and Rocky Express' theming also remains intact at present, but the status of the hardware itself is unknown.

Not too keen on them preserving creak freak massacre for just this season. Scare mazes shouldn’t prevent them from cracking on, should just close old town and keep it closed.

Feels like they will want to keep it for a few seasons, so should try to move to a new location this year.  

23 minutes ago, ML27 said:

Not too keen on them preserving creak freak massacre for just this season. Scare mazes shouldn’t prevent them from cracking on, should just close old town and keep it closed.

Feels like they will want to keep it for a few seasons, so should try to move to a new location this year.  

I think moving it isn't really practical; it's based in fixed building and wasn't designed to be moved. The cost of moving it would be effectively the same of building a new maze, at which point, it makes sense just to do something different. 

Given the new ride is planned to be a 2024 ride, and construction isn't starting until late this year, I don't have a problem with them using the maze again this year. It's not getting in the way of investment. And it helps spread out Fright Nights investments: have a new maze this year to act as a Platform 15 replacement, and then a new one next year for a Creek Freak replacement. Then they can put more money into new mazes, rather than spreading the budget thinly.

From a creative standpoint too, there's extra opportunity to use the Old Town for Fright Nights if minimal construction is taking place then, which I see as a potential bonus!

9 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I think moving it isn't really practical; it's based in fixed building and wasn't designed to be moved. The cost of moving it would be effectively the same of building a new maze, at which point, it makes sense just to do something different.

I just feel like Thorpe will want to try and hold onto the maze or if not the maze. The I.P at least, it’s original and it “worked”  for them. 

You make good points which I hadn’t thought about, I just assumed they would want to hold onto it for as long as possible.