Park Count - 2015 Season

Coaster

After many months of theme park visits, the 2015 season has come to a close and the parks are once again hibernating for the winter.

Which parks did you visit throughout the 2015 season, and how many times?

If you are visiting more parks over the closed season (some abroad ones are bound to be still open) then add them in as you visit.

I'll start with:

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - 33  :D

Thorpe Park - 14

Alton Towers - 2

Oakwood - 1

Pleasurewood Hills - 1

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach - 1

Chessington - 1

Funland (Hayling Island) - 1

TOTAL: 53 

2015 has been my best season yet for theme parks, with 33 visits alone to my favourite park as well as plenty to Thorpe and visiting two brand new parks (PWH and GYPB)!

I seem to be doing more and more visits every year... although not sure if quantity over quality is very good - I still had great fun, but needn't worry, as exploring California is on the cards for next summer!

Thorpe Park - 18

Alton Towers - 5

Chessington - 4

Drayton Manor - 4

Legoland - 2

Oakwood - 2

Adventure Island - 1

Brean Theme Park - 1

Total - 37

Does long bank holiday weekends at both Crealy (Devon) & Woodlands (Devon) count... if so I'll add 7 more days spent at parks aha!

Along with the London attractions which I've done several times, I've definitely got my moneys worth from my Merlin pass aha... 100% without a doubt renewing!

Managed to go to lots of events which I'm glad of like Fireworks at Drayton Manor, Brean Theme Park, Legoland, Oakwood & Alton Towers, Halloween events at Thorpe, Chessington & Alton Towers (and a Halloween only event at Avon Valley Wildlife & Adventure Park)... And only 1 new park, but so glad I went to Adventure Island, was so much fun!

My regrets would be not being able to make it to Blackpool Pleasure Beach, as much as I don't think the big rides are that special, it is still fun, and would have like to tried sky force... and still not managing to get to Flamingoland (and subsequently Lightwater Valley!), and I've almost given up hope on trying to get to Disneyland Paris... and can I say that fog meaning we couldn't really see Drayton Manor fireworks as a regret aha?

Highlights of the year would have to be I'm A Celebrity preview night, Stealth behind the scenes tour, Terror of The Towers maze, and the best of all - Alton Towers Fireworks!

Thorpe:  20

Efteling:  3

Chessington:  3 (Eurghhhh)

Alton Towers, Legoland, Drayton Manor, Phantasialand, Plopsaland, Toverland, Walibi Belgium, Bellewaerde; Bobbejaanland:  1

Decent season for me.  Next season will likely be quieter in terms of number of visits, but should see me on more new horizons at least.

Chessington: 1.

Legoland: 1.

Europa park: 3 days.

Tivoli Gardens: 1.

Bakken: 1.

Thorpe: A few times from February - August, before I got slightly fed up and didn't bother going to fright nights this year.

Really glad to do a few abroad parks this year and hoping to do some more German parks next year and some more European ones the year after :)

Alton Towers: 1

Chessington: 1

Disneyland Paris: 1

PortAventura: 3 days

Thorpe Park: 6

Considering I live in the middle of nowhere, I've done quite well! Been to Chessington and Alton Towers finally, returned to Disneyland Paris after 10 years and spent a lovely 5 day holiday at PortAventura. With Florida happening next year I'm excited to see what else shall come :)

In terms of Merlin, I don't feel I've made the most of my MAP this year :lol: But then there is the London meet coming up!

Thorpe - 4 (Would've been more but things cropped up, but no loss ;) )

Chessie - 3 (1 whole day, 2 evening after work visits :P )

Alton - 1 :(

Adventure Island - 1 (and that's enough ;) )

Did Drayton once for the first time this year ^_^

And of course, returned to DLP :wub:

I've actually enjoyed Thorpe this year, probably because I've not overdone it the past two years! It was good to return to Fright Nights after I missed it last year, and also to do my first MOS :D Loved that!

The only other park I know I'm definitely doing this year is Winter Wonderland. No idea about next year, I haven't planned that far ahead. But now I have a DLP annual pass, I'd like to get another visit(s) there!

Disneyland Parc X 6

Studio Parc X 4

Europa Park X 3

Animal Kingdom X2

Magic Kingdom X3

Hollywood Studios X3

Epcot X2

Thorpe Park X 1

Alton Towers X1

I've all but given up on UK parks now, concentrating my efforts on parks I know will give an entertaining and worthwhile time. Europa Park was excellent as were all six of the Disney parks. I haven't really any park trips planned for 2016 thus far.

Thorpe -7

Chessie -4

Legoland -4

Disney Land Paris-4

Efteling-2

Pleasure Wood Hills

Great Yarmouth PB

Blackpool PB

Joy land

Oakwood

Adventure Island

Alton Towers 0.5 :(

Most likely my best year yet (at least on the quality & range of parks done).

Didn't visit Thorpe aw much this year (somewhat didn't seem to have the pull it did the last few years), however managed more visits to Legoland & Chessie (how!) though.

Visited a total of 5 new parks, DLP, Efteling, PWH, GYPB & Joy Land amongst return trips to Oakwood & AI.

Unfortunately due to timing it to the worst possible weekend, I never managed a proper visit to Towers due to the Smiler crash meaning I only got half a towers cred this year (looking around the hotels & golf). Luckily got Blackpool instead really.

Still got Legoland Christmas, Winter Wonderland & another round of midways before 2016 arrives hopefully.

2016 shall hopefully bring on a year just as if not more exciting than this years, MC16.

My 2015 Park Count goes as :

Chessie - 5 (My nearest park)

Towers - 4.5 ( half being the trip after the you know not to be mentioned crash)

Thorpe - 3

Blackpool Pleasure Beach - 1 (My first trip to BPB luckily thanks to Stretchy)

Efteling - 2 full days

Southend Adventure Island - 1

Other attractions (I know abit off topic) goes as:

London Eye - 3

London Dungeons - 2

Sealife London - 2

Sealife Brighton - 5

Tussauds - 2

Shrek - 3 

Good count I think considering I work alot now also I have a son now even though will be visiting Paultons and Druiscilla's next year

Here I come to ruin the topic (again), I've ordered the trips in chronological order, hence why some are repeated:

1. Disneyland Paris x4
  2. Walt Disney Studios x4
  3. Old MacDonalds Farm
  4. Movieland Studios
  5. Mirabilandia
  6. Gardaland
  7. Plopsaland de Panne
  8. Alton Towers
  9. Blackpool Pleasure Beach
  10. Southport Pleasureland
  11. New Brighton Funfair
  12. Blackgang Chine
  13. Pirates Cove Fun Park
  14. Flamingo Park
  15. Harbour Park
  16. West Sands Fun Fair
  17. Funland Amusement Park
  18. Clarence Pier
  19. Pleasure Island
  20. Macks Amusements
  21. Dunes Leisure
  22. Fantasy Island
  23. Bottons
  24. Rainbow Park
  25. Pettitts Animal Adventure Park
  26. Hemsby Fun Park
  27. Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
  28. Pavilion Fun Park
  29. Tivoli Friheden
  30. Djurs Sommerland
  31. Farup Sommerland
  32. Legoland Billund
  33. Tayto Park
  34. Dennlys Parc
  35. Parc du Bocasse
  36. Jardin d'Acclimatation
  37. Disneyland Paris
  38. Walt Disney Studios
  39. Parc Asterix
  40. Dreamland
  41. Familiepretpark Mini Mundi
  42. Speelpark Oud Valkeveen
  43. Walibi Holland
  44. Julianatoren
  45. Efteling x3
  46. BillyBird Park
  47. Amusementspark Tivoli
  48. DippieDoe Familiepark
  49. Toverland
  50. Avonturenpark Hellendoorn
  51. De Waarbeek
  52. Plopsa Indoor Coevorden
  53. Attractiepark Slagharen
  54. Duinrell
  55. Drievliet
  56. Plopsa Coo
  57. Mondo Verde
  58. De Valkenier
  59. Plopsa Indoor Hasselt
  60. Bobbejaanland
  61. Efteling
  62. Plopsaland de Panne

Nearly 60 unique parks this year is reasonably impressive... Also hit #500 this year to boot at Drievliet...