Park Count - 2015 Season

Coaster

Just one visit to Thorpe Park this year, and thoroughly enjoyed it and was excited at the prospect as hadn't been in so long.

Other than Thorpe (!) - our visit to Orlando: Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Blizzard Beach, Universal Studios and Universal Islands of Adventure. Obviously spent more than a day in each of the Disney parks as we were staying on site for 2 weeks :)

Thorpe Park X 15

Alton Towers X2

Chessignton X2

Legoland X3

EftelingX3

Drayton Manor 

Adventure Island

Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach 

Pleasure wood hills

Phantasialand

Bellewarde 

Plopsa Land

Walabi Belgium 

Bobbaijland 

Disney Land Paris X2 

Jack you forgot little ol' Oakwood ;)

For me its been nothing special tbh

Thorpe Park: 8 

Alton Towers: 2 

Oakwood: 1 

Drayton: 1

Yeah bit of a cack year for me lol

Thorpe Park: 4

Chessington: 1 (didn't even get to see the meerkats)

Adventure Island: only once with a wristband, an evening in the summer with family (was clearly too cool to ride anything) and the lovely day in September with Edam. So make of that what you wish

Oakwood: 1 

total (like it's that relevant): 7, or 8 and a bit if you're being hungry for the park count

I've had a busy year and parks have been and still are the last thing on my mind. I'm glad I got to experience one new park at least though /keen 

ptat16

I guess people like different things, but personally I can't see the appeal for travelling to places with one tiny coaster for the sake of saying "I've been on that one".  Each to their own I guess!

Just as I don't understand why someone would be annoyed that they couldn't get the last train of the season on stealth.

Recliner sofa > The Swarm

I have experienced one recliner sofa before.  I have to admit I was a bit underwhelmed by it.  The reclining feature was rather juddery, and I found it difficult to get a happy medium between being reclined and upright so I could watch the tele.  The theming I experienced on said reclining sofa was rather poor as well, and it's grey colour did not match the décor of the living room it was in.  I couldn't brave it backwards either.   So, in my limited experience, this is not true

However, I will now endeavour to venture to my local DFS store and try out a variety of reclining sofas and see if what you say is true.  Look out for my trip report! :)

What has that got to do with park counts and which parks you choose to visit?

The point I was trying to make was who are you to judge someone else's enthusiast tendencies. You get a buzz out of getting the last train of the year on a ride and complaining about Thorpe, just as Benin does by trying to ride all the coasters in the world and having a great time doing it. Each to their own I guess.

The point I was trying to make was who are you to judge someone else's enthusiast tendencies. You get a buzz out of getting the last train of the year on a ride and complaining about Thorpe, just as Benin does by trying to ride all the coasters in the world and having a great time doing it. Each to their own I guess.

To be fair a lot of people judged jamie for wanting last train on stealth for the year..

I was well happy when I got first public train of the year on inferno, and first ride on vortex.. it's a nice thing to know.

but in the case of benin it is all about that cred life  ;)

So saying "I don't see the appeal" is a judgement is it? Did I ever say it was a bad thing? No, I just said that I didn't see the appeal which was basically a way of asking "what is the appeal?"

When you consider the amount of judgement thrown around on this site by others, I think that you are overreacting just a bit.

I don't see the appeal of visiting the same park 33 times in a year... That to me, is pretty damn boring...

The beauty of these +1 parks is that sometimes you discover a really fab little park... De Waarbeek for example has tonnes of old-school rides and is generally fun... Of course there are some places which are cack, but it's the fun and adventure that comes with going into the arse end of nowhere and finding a surprise gem... Especially when abroad...