Your first Thorpe Park ride

Coaster

Oh jeez - probably CCR - first visited in the very early 90s and was scared of pretty much everything - including Tea Cups and Flying Fish :help:

4 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Must have been an octopus garden flat or Canada creek railway. Also why are you all so obsessed with acceptable?

Thanks for asking this question as I was about to - am a tad confused

Going way back to 1999, Depth Charge was my first ever ride at the park and I still have the picture to prove it. :lol:

In terms of hitting that magic 1.4m height mark and being able to get on everything big in the park, it was July 2004 when I was 9 years old and I just scrapped the height restriction where I had to have a band to confirm I'm on the limit. Vortex was the first one I did and it will always be my favourite flat ride, as that was the one that started it all for me.

Would've been Depth Charge, but there was a 20 minute queue and I didn't fancy queueing on that bouncy staircase so mine was, I think, Flying Fish? But my dad and sisters was Depth Charge

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 at 5:54 PM, Coaster Jamie said:

*Yawn*

Do you have anything of any use to add to this topic?

Yes Jamie you complaining about absolutely everything to do with Merlin adds so much of use to any topic.

2 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Yes Jamie you complaining about absolutely everything to do with Merlin adds so much of use to any topic.

There's plenty of people who don't like the way the Merlin parks are heading at the moment, granted I'm more vocal about my views than most but then again, I'm don't complain about "absolutely everything" as you've said.

I'm not sure why you've felt the need to quote me with a sarcastic response, my original post was in response to a joke that I've seen in a lot of topics, it was amusing at first but it's gotten boring.

Jamie's right, it is a little silly now. If I was in his shoes, I'd be frustrated by it too.

I seem to remember my first Thorpe ride being Colossus, think I was probably 10/11 years old? I was absolutely terrified! (Fun fact, when I was very young I would never go on those small rides outside shops etc as I was scared of them, so a 10 year old me doing Colossus was a bit mad.)