Stuff that "Triggers You as"/"Makes You Cringe at" an Enthusiast

Charlesberg

1 hour ago, Martin Doyle said:

Enthusiasts that pretend to be “in the know” about future park projects...

”MY SOURCES ARE TELLING ME THAT THORPE PARK ARE GETTING AN RMC!!”

”MY SOURCES ARE TELLING ME SWARM IS GETTING VR”

Oh yeah??...what “source”??

Was the sources name HP source by any chance? was his name Heinz? Uncle Bens? Nando’s extra hot? Danny’s BBQ?

Honestly find that whole thing annoying as heck!!

Sometimes people will know things but are under non disclosure agreements so can't say there sources. 

That being said it is really annoying when you do know something and then other peoples nonsense mean your claim is now thrown into doubt. 

In my experience, it depends on how those people word it.

Playing the 'I know something you don't' card in any way (including saying "my sources have said...") is ridiculously frustrating. But if it's worded more carefully, and the person in question is known to be reliable, I don't have a problem with people who come across as being in the know.

There's plenty of people out there who are in the know, and can hint in the right direction if they so choose.

People who sit down on a coaster and don’t bother to pull down their restraint - stop being a lazy git - the hosts are there to check your restraints, not close them.

Rudeness towards staff when they are just doing their job.

One I’ve seen a lot recently - people who take bags on rides when there are clearly bag rooms/boxes - I mean really - you think it’s a good idea to go on Rameses with a small handbag? - are you an actual idiot? I honestly don’t know how some people survive in this world when basic common sense goes out of the window.

People who drop things on rides and can’t wait until the end of the day and give zero turds about other people and the delays it could cause.

• The staines massiv that seem to always be there (typically age 12-13). Where are their parents...
  • People who smoke in queue lines, seems a regular thing.
  • Younguns at fright nights who go overboard with being fake scared (e.g. screaming at nothing). Once in Se7en the actor had to come out of character to tell a 'lad' group of young teenagers in our group to calm down, didn't really add to our scare experience...
  • Not really an annoyance but people who, when the ride arrives back to the station, don't undo the seatbelt so as the restraint lifts they are left stuck for a bit. There's always one.
  • Anyone who likes DBGT

A couple more serious ones I need to add:

-Dutch school kids. They are THE WORST; don't know how to queue, don't understand the concept of personal space, loud, obnoxious. Generally just unpleasant to be around.

-People who compare everything to everything. You can enjoy something for what it is yknow!

-Related, people who look at something a non-Merlin park has done and use it as a dig against Merlin

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

-People who compare everything to everything. You can enjoy something for what it is yknow!

-Related, people who look at something a non-Merlin park has done and use it as a dig against Merlin

Agreed!!

The “Team Taron or Team Helix” debate being the prime example. How about just appreciate the fact BOTH rides are world class in their own right. If you think Taron is better than that doesn’t make Helix a poor ride and vice versa!!

5 hours ago, JoshC. said:

This is the worst. It drives me insane, it drives me away from forums I get so sick if it. There are valid comparisons to be made out there, but trying to shoehorn in an irrelevant comparative to every little thing (usually as a thinly veiled credit bragging) is so tiresome.

37 minutes ago, MattyMoo said:

The lack of craft beer in Fins 😛

Damn right. Did you see that Amplified Imperial Stay Puffed at over 12% released the other day? A couple of pints of that and I might even be able to enjoy DBGTROTD.

1 hour ago, pluk said:

Damn right. Did you see that Amplified Imperial Stay Puffed at over 12% released the other day? A couple of pints of that and I might even be able to enjoy DBGTROTD.

Completely off topic but yes I did indeed. Enquired at our local bottleshop to make sure he gets it in 😁

On 8/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, JoshC. said:

A couple more serious ones I need to add:

-Dutch school kids. They are THE WORST; don't know how to queue, don't understand the concept of personal space, loud, obnoxious. Generally just unpleasant to be around.

Thats every single Spanish guest unfortunately. All I remember about PortAventura is the little _________ *Insert own swear word here* pushing past us at every opportunity. Horrid.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:07 PM, JoshC. said:

Yes, this one in particular drives me nuts. 'I went to this obscure theme park in the middle of Lativa and it was running two trains on one of its rollercoasters, MERLIN NEVER DO THIS' Oh sod off.

People that complain about Merlin (or indeed ANY park operator) as if they are the Anti-Christ but then rather than voting with their feet and NOT going to their attractions, go virtually all the time and pump more and more money into their pockets.

If I went to a Harvester (other restaurant chains in this context are available) and they kept giving me undercooked food every time and I did nothing but complain, guess what?? I do not go back to Harvester.

Maybe I’m making something of nothing but I just find it counterproductive to moan about a business as if they are the bane of ones life but then pour more and more money into it. 

22 hours ago, Martin Doyle said:

People that complain about M£rlin (or indeed ANY park operator) as it they are the Anti-Christ but then rather than voting with their feet and NOT going to their attractions, go virtually all the time and pump more and more money into their pockets.

If I went to a Harvester (other restaurant chains in this context are available) and they kept giving me undercooked food every time and I did nothing but complain, guess what?? I do not go back to Harvester.

Maybe I’m making something of nothing but I just find it counterproductive to moan about a business as if they are the bane of ones life but then pour more and more money into it. 

I'm the same to an extent. I personally haven't given them my money for two years, they don't deserve it. On the other hand, however bad they are at operating you you don't find their hardware anywhere else as easily accessible. If you want your coaster hit, especially in the south, the Merlin empire remains your best/only options, so I do understand some mild hypocrisy.

At some point I may have to give in for the sake of WickerMan. That I've not riden a woodie I've been waiting for for decades is incredible really, but they don't deserve my custom.

• 5 months later...

For me its people who compare everything to Disney like its the best thing since sliced bread.

The GP seem to view Disney with rose coloured glasses, they seem to forget about the overcrowding, long queues, overpriced crap, and how the park really is no different from the same crap we experience at your average theme park.