TPC

Fright Nights 2019 - General Discussion

43 minutes ago, jessica2 said:

New maze looks promising, though I hope it doesn't end up as a budget version of the chop shop...

Considering that apparently the park hasn't had the best summer visitors wise, surely soon they should start drumming up business for fright nights.  I've seen a lot of generic 'island like no other' advertising on tv and even at Cannon Street station, so I wonder if they'll keep this up for Fright Nights.

Although personally less people = less queues haha.

That would make my day for less queues but I am going 21st of October during the October half term it was still very busy the day I went last October in the middle of the week on the Wednesday I have tried to organise to go the last Friday but my mate has work the next day 

1 hour ago, Platform15fan said:

That would make my day for less queues but I am going 21st of October during the October half term it was still very busy the day I went last October in the middle of the week on the Wednesday I have tried to organise to go the last Friday but my mate has work the next day 

Cool Story! Be prepared to buy lots of fast tracks.

First couple of weeks on the Thursday is where it's at, low crowds.

Thursday I'm sure would be ideal. I usually go early on in the FN season on a Sunday and never had a problem with queuing. Depends how much hYpE good ol Thorpe drum up (from the non enthusiasts)

I do wonder how much of the Loggers station they'll be able to utilize. If they can use most of it, it gives a solid amount of space to play with given they've got the undercover queue area too.

Be nice for them to start pushing it a bit more now to try and gain more attention. Summer so far feels quiet so a big push for Fright Nights feels needed now more than ever (feel like I've said that before..)

3 hours ago, JoshC. said:

I do wonder how much of the Loggers station they'll be able to utilize. If they can use most of it, it gives a solid amount of space to play with given they've got the undercover queue area too.

If all this construction falls into place, then we have hopefully a promising attraction on our hands. Unless this work is for reasons we aren't yet aware of, they are presumably putting maze walls inside all of the Logger's station.

If done right this could be a great attraction. The space looks pretty ideal for a maze so its all down to the delivery with this one.. Hopefully Thorpe stick the landing, Fright Nights really need a another good maze after last year..

If anyone is going on the 21st of October I am planning a platform 15 meet up I will post again nearer to the day because I plan it on the last run through plus u will get a very tense experience of me going avarage speed  in the tunnel section the meeting point will be in the  old town or saw plaza. As I am planning but it's all up to u plus I have got around to posting a profile picture up of me I will have specific instructions but depends what time I have got out the previous maze before my last run through.

It will have walls! Instantly better than Big Top 2015 right? ;)

Hopefully we can an announcement soon. Given the location and the quiet summer, it would have been a good way to drum up interest ("oooh, the abandoned Loggers Leap sawmill is having work done to it..what's happening??")

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

Hopefully we can an announcement soon. Given the location and the quiet summer, it would have been a good way to drum up interest ("oooh, the abandoned Loggers Leap sawmill is having work done to it..what's happening??")

Are you saying a poster or two isn't drumming up interest?!?! Shocking. lol. But yes from the sounds of it they are not pushing it much yet.

2 hours ago, JoshC. said:

The announcement will probably happen first of September which happened to Blair witch last September wait and see I think saw mill is going go get announced on first of September then the rest during the first week of September.