X

Garyy

So X should Become part of the Ministry Of Joy Ride line up that would fit x so much but please keep the trains backwards it really confuses me

It appears to have left you very confused. What does the Ministry of Joy (200 miles away) have to do with either Thorpe or X?

Went on X twice yesterday (don't ask me why...its terrible :huh: ) and there was a smoke machine on in the queue, giving the area quite a good eerie haze actually, and the mannequin in the queue was making a noise and flashing also, which I haven't noticed before.

walking through it though, it is in dire need of repair/refurbishment in many places, and the cars are just appauling, I could see them being replaced even if they still face backwards, but just newer lap bars etc...

As its pretty much certain there's no major ride additions for 2013, id say that a retheme could be possible.

The trains remind me of those a fairground ghost train may have. Good for there age but if a re theme is in the works, a new train design may be necessary. Having said that, I have no idea how much a set of them would cost to construct. I mean it can't be that much, it is only a Vekoma.

As I have said from the start, a retheme really could do wonders to the ride. Okay it may never be amazing but I think they could get it to a point where people come off feeling satisfied. I would personally love to see the pyramid itself repainted/new colour scheme but am dubious this would ever happen.

In reality, if we are going to get a re-theme it'll be a bit of paint, new filters on lights, new music etc. it isn't going to be anything special.

We won't get spinning cars etc- the way way we all speculated we would get rotating 'pods' on Sub-Terra, it just isn't going to happen.

I honestly don't this rumour is true and without verified sources I'm surprised some of you do.

TP doesn't have a spinning coaster so this could work and with the cars spinning, it will turn it into more of a thrill ride

I think it should be re-themed so it fits in with lost city. The pyramid could be an eyptian pyramid and the ride could be a curse or something like that.

and now we've dug even deeper into the everlasting yearly discussion about what we think thorpe park will do with x no way out when deep down we should know whatever happens will not be so drastic, if at all..

Posted Image

gif necisary

I think it should be re-themed so it fits in with lost city.

Agreed. Its current theme doesn't belong anywhere in the park, it's just sat on its own being random. A total retheme to fit into an area, say Lost City, is really what it needs. Ideally the building needs a total refurb as it is in an awful state, the walls for example are battered and vandalised, and often the damage is covered up by duct tape, which is then painted over. Sounds hideous but it's what I witnessed back in 08 as an employee! Whether these were just "Quick fixes" until closed season I don't know, but either way it's bad that it can be damaged so easily. I can't think of any solutions to this other than rebuilding the pyramid (which we can highly doubt will happen), I'm hardly a DIY or building expert :P But I bet if the building had a clear and exciting theme, people would be less likely to become so bored as to vandalise it.

Especially if the rumours about lowering the height restriction are true; it should be exciting inside for the younger guests while they queue.

Of course, that's all very lovely to think about...reality is, theming wise, we'll probably just get a lick of paint on the inside walls and another new soundtrack ;)

I would really love it if Thorpe did something special with this though. It's a perfect opportunity!

Thorpe, theme their ride to an old themed area? Nah, won't happen, they don't even believe Lost City exists anymore...

And spinning coasters in the dark have been done, the relatively awful Caligstro at Rainbow Magicland and the rather fab Crush's Coaster at Walt Disney Studios are two examples...