X

Garyy

Sounds like the Ministry of Sound theme (read: music, lights, rave) without the Ministry of Sound sponsorship!

In my eyes, any changes they make to X has to be worth a punt, as the ride as it stands is hardly a "must do" for the average visitor...

Hi guys, we're still making the finishing touches so X will be open a little later in Spring

Opening soon basically. I guess that could be anything from a week or two to a month or so.

Interesting seeing the Facebook reactions, which are pretty much all "YOU'VE RUINED IT!!!" or "JUST GET RID OF IT!!!"...

Sounds great! I'm just happy that I can say I went on X when it travelled backwards, but I am looking forward to see If the heavy rave music and lighting thing provides a better and a more enjoyable gimmick then when it just travelled backwards in pitch black

but surely they have all of the closed season to get it ready in time

No, it's a misconception that theme parks are busy all winter. From what I gather, stuff like general maintenance, cleaning and any minor developments are done during the run up to opening month. The majority of the closed season is spent... closed.

This sounds like what X No Way Out has been needing for a long time. The ride's purpose was confused from the start. In the pas,t they have tried and failed to explain the point of the ride with some kind of 'theme', but the truth is it has no point. It would be stupid to invest in a proper theme design for what is a very poor ride experience, but ignorant to let the ride remain in its current pathetic state. So I am glad they have gone back to basics, refurbished the infrastructure and added sensory effects to just make it a good, fun ride.

That's all it needs really, as long as they do it properly. X may actually be enjoyable this year! :o :o

Although I will miss the weird sensation of travelling backwards on a glorified runaway train in a dark pyramid. :(

Sounds cool. I will certainly give it a try.

I know making it go forward may seem slightly disappointing for some, but having learnt from past experience (Backwards Swarm), all I can say is, ''don't knock it till you try it.'

On a different but somewhat related note, I guess that means "The worlds first and only Backwards roller coaster in the dark" is no more. :closedeyes:

I liked the ride going backwards, although I agree that it definatley needed to be refurbished.

As long as this is done properly it should be good, but let's hope it's not a half hearted job like we have seen in previous years.

They have (partly) updated the ride page. http://www.thorpepark.com/rides/x.aspx

If you have a look at the drop down list of rides- X looks very strange compared to the others and doesn't fit in very well.

Also, they have left it in xtreme thrills with 1.4m height restriction for some reason??

Sounds cool. I will certainly give it a try.

I know making it go forward may seem slightly disappointing for some, but having learnt from past experience (Backwards Swarm), all I can say is, ''don't knock it till you try it.'

On a different but somewhat related note, I guess that means "The worlds first and only Backwards roller coaster in the dark" is no more. :closedeyes:

Very true, but they've gained the status of the worlds only sky swat now. As for this decision, I'm looking forward to the new X and should prove an interesting experience.