Park Music

humjosh

Sorry if I didn't make sense or have confused people. I am good at that :P

When I said it hadn't played since 2010 I was refering to the "end of the day" music playing in the lower dome all day long. Since 2010 throughout the day it plays chart music whereas before it used to play the 3:15 section all day in the lower dome/toilets area. Once the end of the day comes it plays park wide including in the lower dome.

I only asked if the overall end of day theme had been abolished in an earlier post as on all of my visits in 2012 except for one in April, the end of day theme failed to play.

Now I'm confused where it does and doesn't play, but I do recall hearing both parts of that track in the lower Dome. It's probably the End of day and lower Dome track merged into one!

Hearing it again after all these years is strange, and it's very similar and more suited to the Towers Street music at Alton Towers. I don't enjoy this track much, however I do remember the beginning part.

Thanks for posting the link though.

My friend dropped his keys on Stealth and we were stood around for about 30 minutes in the stealth plaza while they looked for them, where the entire end of day theme played out around 3 times. This was back in September, so I can say for certain the whole tune definitely plays.

To be honest it turns in to a pretty weird track after the first 2 parts, I don't understand how or what period in time it ever would have fitted in with Thorpe's general ambiance...

However, those who "enjoy" pop music probably don't realise what they're missing. It's like saying everyone enjoys a tesco value product, without them allowing to try the finest range.

Not really, I've always enjoyed pop music playing around the park over themed audio (bar Nemesis Inferno because it's music isn't irritating and actually has atmosphere).

I agree with some of this, but surely opinions on things like atmosphere are more down to opinion rather than fact? Whilst you may not enjoy riding vortex to pop music I'm sure there are those who do for example?

Didn't mention the pop music... What Thorpe needs to do is actually decide on a consistent identity... Right now it's a mish mash of themed rides, unthemed rides, pop music, themed music, etc... Atmospheric mess because even on a branding scale it doesn't know if it's a theme park or an amusement park...

Having pop music playing in these areas has become so familiar to the regulars that when it comes to ride nights and MOS nights, and other events that play music, it sounds near enough the same!

I'll always remember a few years ago at Thorpe Blast, they had just installed the park-wide audio system, and as it got dark I was in the queue for Vortex. Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was played, and boy did it literally bounce off the entire park, and sounded fantastic!

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of a random question and a long shot, but here goes...

Does anyone have a link to listen / download Wendell Ferguson's 'One Tequila, Two Tequila, Three Tequila, Floor'? Was a song on the old Canada Creek playlist - been trying for ages to find, but can't seem to find it anywhere on the internet at all?

After visiting today, the usual around the park-wide system:

. Chart music at the entrance, bridge, Dome, Neptune's Beach and (unfortunately) Lost City and Vortex again.

. High-pitch still hasn't been fixed around Colossus and Canada Creek (as JohnD said).

Although, whilst hearing the chart music, there seemed to be speech between the tracks such as "This is Thorpe Park's music station" and "Book a night at the Crash Pad" similar to listening to the radio, which probably means this is now a permanent change for Lost City and possibly Vortex.

Another thing I did notice with Lost City's chart music was it wasn't anywhere near as loud as last season, which became more bearable for a lot of guests in the queuelines.

One thing that did confuse me about Vortex is that despite Rush, Quantum and Zodiac having their usual theme music being played whilst the ride was in motion, Vortex didn't have any of it's themed music or even ambiance being played anywhere on or around the ride, just it's normal chart music instead. Vortex to me has the best theme music out of all the rides in Lost City and it was a real shame to not hear it once again.

Lastly, Quantum seemed to have some new speakers behind where the control cabin is, playing it's theme music whilst the ride was in motion, which was good since I haven't heard Quantum's music properly for a few years.

The zone isn't meant to be playing chart music on Vortex/Lost City area.. it's just still broken it seems. As far as I'm aware, the operators have to start announcements to play music.. so I presume Vortex op was just ignoring the PA system unless it was messed.