Rant

Theme Park bloke

Had a close call recently on (another) dog walk.

Was nearly home from the walk when a small Vauxhall 4x4 of a bluish purple colour came down the lane. Whilst it was. Speeding, the car was suddenly turning in to us as we walked (as there are no pavements around there).

The car came so close to us that I literally had to get as high as I could on the steep verge near some hedge (whilst relying on strong balance) otherwise I'm certain he would've run over my feet at the least.

Have no idea what was up with this driver (surely drunk or drugged) but this incident was a bit scary and he was mad! Luckily no one got injured.

Getting a great position for a Disney show only for the person in front of you to either put their child on the shoulders or to get out their iPads and filming the entire show.

JUST WATCH THE DAMN SHOW AND PUT YOUR KID IN ITS BUGGY! I CARE FAR MORE ABOUT THE SHOW THEN YOUR KID!!!

• 3 weeks later...

So it's my big exam period next week and revision is controlling my life.

For one particular module, we were told the best revision would be to do the past couple of exam papers, as the exam would be of a similar style (yay for lecturers being the ones who set exams at uni, and not some random exam board). Did one of the exam papers just now and look through the lecturers solutions (which are marked as the official solutions online, and would have been the adhered to mark scheme a couple of years back) and...they're wrong.

There's mistakes like saying 2+3=6, which in turn, make an entire 6 mark question in the solutions wrong. This then carries onto the next part, meaning that 15 marks (out of a 100 mark paper) are completely wrong in the model solutions. There's also other solutions where the lecturer has missed out particular cases / done things ambiguously, and thus not making it clear that his solution actually answers his own question...

And, what's more, this has been well known! When people were revising for the exam last year, they noticed the same mistakes and brought it up with the lecturer as well as the guy that updates the website, yet nothing has been done. No warnings, corrections or anything. It just feels ridiculous that something that is so important can just go unattended - there's enough stress going around without finding out the solutions are wrong. I'm going to mention it to someone in the department of course, but from what I've heard, the module is not running next year, so I doubt bringing it up will be of much use...

Fortunately, I've been able to get the right answers (after checking with others), so I guess it's not terrible. But it's just annoying really.

On a brighter note, writing this post has made for great procrastination! :D

:wub::wub:

The worst thing is when you see grammatical errors (normally apostrophes) on professionally made signs. I would've thought grammar and spelling would be a pre-requisite B)

Gah, yes!

Speaking of incorrect signs (although this was obviously a joke), that reminds me of a seaside cafe in Worthing which has a sign outside saying, "Open 8 days a week" :P Well, I'm not sure if it still does now, but when I was young, my nan and grandad would take me and my brother down to Worthing for a day in the summer holidays, and we always used to go to that cafe!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mg0s3CDkbvQ

Watch this, it's perfect for how people see me. 

Just because I am not ladylike does not make me any less of a woman and people need to realise that around my area. I'm fed up of hearing but you don't count as a woman or yeah but that does not apply to you. Or even just plain but you're not a woman. I am a woman and the sooner people stop telling me I'm not the happier everything will be.