Rant

Theme Park bloke

De La Soul. Had been looking forward to them for ages, as a massive fan for 20 odd years how excited was I that they were playing a festival literally at the end of my road? Expectations not met. They've got such a massive catalog to pull tracks from but spent more time pissing about with trying to get sections of the crowd to be loudest and just generally being crap, with small bursts of musical brilliance in between. Such a shame.

• 2 weeks later...

This:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/09/david-clapson-benefit-sanctions-death-government-policies?CMP=fb_gu

I can't even begin to explain how much this angers, sickens and deeply upsets me. What the f**k are these morons at the DWP playing at?

Of course, there will be those who wonder why he didn't ask someone for help, apply for a crisis loan, go to a food bank etc. But that's not the point. Nobody should be mistreated like that and left in that desperate situation. Not in this country, in this day and age.

• 2 weeks later...

It ticks me off when people decide to randomly dig up the past, for unexplainable reasons which actually have no benefit for anyone. It's like they're trying to drive wedges between people as if it will bring a positive outcome for the person who's stirring; but actually, all it does is make them look like a complete tool  ^_^

AAARRRG. 

My mum is treating my like a 4 year old and I can't take it much more.

to begin with I've been given a grounding until December after coming back a bit late from Blackpool. That annoys me as no one was hurt, no one lost any sleep and I kept her in contact all the way home. 

This was partly down to me as I told a little white lie about what time I'd be getting back, but it shouldn't matter because the traffic was dreadful and like said above, I kept her in contact the whole way. I'd understand a short punishment but to be grounded until December is just ludicrous.

Second of all, on Friday I come home a little late after staying behind at college or sixth form or whatever you wanna call it, and I find my laptop gone. I need it as it's still the first month of school and I'm being very weighed down with homework and bridging units. I ask why she took it and she didn't give me a straight answer.

Finally, she goes off camping with my little brother and takes my laptop, with her. So now I can't do alot of my work.

I'm really hacked off because I'm 16, I can look after myself yet she treats my 13 year old brother with more respect. 

AAARRRG. 

My mum is treating my like a 4 year old and I can't take it much more.

to begin with I've been given a grounding until December after coming back a bit late from Blackpool. That annoys me as no one was hurt, no one lost any sleep and I kept her in contact all the way home. 

This was partly down to me as I told a little white lie about what time I'd be getting back, but it shouldn't matter because the traffic was dreadful and like said above, I kept her in contact the whole way. I'd understand a short punishment but to be grounded until December is just ludicrous.

Second of all, on Friday I come home a little late after staying behind at college or sixth form or whatever you wanna call it, and I find my laptop gone. I need it as it's still the first month of school and I'm being very weighed down with homework and bridging units. I ask why she took it and she didn't give me a straight answer.

Finally, she goes off camping with my little brother and takes my laptop, with her. So now I can't do alot of my work.

I'm really hacked off because I'm 16, I can look after myself yet she treats my 13 year old brother with more respect. 

That's not on at all!  How the hell can she blame you for traffic?  Next time you're in the car with her and there's traffic start blaming her!

Ridiculous...

Not on to lie to parents either, even little white ones...

Perhaps she's treating you like a child cos of all these whites lies making you untrustworthy...

I think his parents are being unacceptable personally. The things I was doing at 16, well lets just say punishing someone for three months would make me rebel and lie to them more as the punishment in no way fits the crime.

Hmm, seems like a case of act like an adult first to then get treated like an adult.

Having said that I doubt whether my parents could remember what I looked like when I was 16, so unlucky. 

My rant; been off work on some nice saved up leave for very nearly a month, back in tomorrow. Hurumph.

Have to say though, given the fact you will be going to Chessington for Howl'o'ween toofy, it's not a full-out grounding, is it? :P

I personally think a 3 month 'grounding' is excessive, and the laptop-thing is harsh, but I can kinda seeing the reasoning behind it.  Best way to go about it though would be for full out honesty from you and then get the respect you deserve - t'is a two way street.  

But from what I can see, he only told her the time he thought he would be back if there wasn't traffic.  How can you avoid traffic jams?

Read it again:

Told a lie, then said it shouldn't matter because there was traffic... Of course, if the lie hadn't been told and there had been traffic, things wouldn't have been so bad, but in this case it's probably assuming that the traffic was just an excuse to cover the initial lie...

The only reason I went and told the lie was because she would have never let me go had I told her I'd be leaving when we did. Of course like everyone I try to avoid lying but in some circumstances it's just really hard not to. I'd never go to blackpool with my family and I was really excited by ye concept of the trip. I told my mum I was going as soon as peaj posted the thread and only on the day before did she ask for me to be back by 8.

But back on to ranting. She gave me back my laptop. Only to take it away. Again. I think I'm gonna make a point now.

PS the traffic was truly quite bad until getting very near to London. And I do agree lying is dreadful but I'd still be getting her sitting over.me while I eat, sleep and use my laptop if I didn't. This has pretty much been the only significant lie I've told my mum in a whlie.

She wouldn't trust me either way

I envy my brother because by now he'd be able to drive off wherever he wanted.

A parent doesn't actually know what is right, they hope and think they do, because their prime aim, is to protect their offspring.

The offspring and the parent rarely read the same instruction manual, you know, the one where you obey the rules, so long as it suits everybody, then if you don't, you get some form of forfeit to pay, I.e. stopped from using something.

When the "young blighter" is away from the nest, the parent worries that their loved one, may be doing the things that they themselves got away with, but realized at the time it was risky.

Saying "sorry" normally goes a long way in repairing damage, and if it doesn't, then one cannot be criticized for having done that.

Enjoy your lives, so long as you don't force your beliefs on others, consider your life is valuable to others before you, and step back and think sometimes.

Oh, and by the way, the wrong is not in doing something, it's getting caught that is wrong.