Rant

Theme Park bloke

When your teacher asks you for homework they didn't actually tell you about. Did all of my Graphics bridging unit and then my teacher asks me for the source pictures I used. He had not told us to bring them in before so now essentially most of the class has failed the bridging unit. Hopefully he'll come to his senses and also realize that it'd be crazy to kick 12 students off a course for something we weren't even told about.

I guess it doesn't help I dropped cake on a mac ;3

When I am happy with who my real friends are but are judged by "Friends" at school for having older friends and sharing a bed with them when I go to Alton Towers or Blackpool then them having the cheek to say stay away from him he prober-ley has aids because he sleeps with men in the same bed as they call them (bum buddies).I mean grow up at least I'm mature about this and having older friends really helps in the long run, but classing you guys as Paedophiles really upsets me and the thing about this is that they are a member of these forums.

So I was basically told by a teacher (she said this to the whole class as a student kicked up a fuss about it) that because I am 'naturally able' or 'gifted' at some subjects (not my words at all, the school's), me getting a good or decent grade is worth nothing as I'm 'naturally good at it' and it actually really upset me. Just because I might seem like I put no effort into a subject and am just 'good' at it means in no way at all that my A/B is any less valid than anyone else's, as I often work a fair amount to get a grade I'm actually happy with. 

If you want to make no effort in class or not bother and then get a G and cry and complain about it, that's your problem, but I hate the fact that they always drag the 'smart' people into it and act as if they're all incredibly snobbish and don't even bother to get an A and then brag about it. Yes a few may do that but they are very rare cases. If you work hard at something, you should be commended for it. There is nothing wrong about getting a grade which is deemed 'bad' if you know you have put your best into it. Everyone has their own goals, just because some may be happy with a B or a C and some will be rather disappointed means nothing, it's down to one's personal preference. 

I really hope this post doesn't come across as snobbish or too moany to anyone, as that's not how I meant it at all.

Jack and toofy - as you both said, don't worry about these people, they need to grow up. Age is just a number and having older friends can be a good thing; they can advise you on things, use their own experiences from being your age to guide/help you, etc. Plus you both have friends on here who are your age or similar as well!

Most of the people here who I consider my best friends are younger than me. But I rarely ever consider their age or worry about what other people might think, because they're such wonderful people who have stood by me no matter what and I'm glad I met :D

Paige - damn right! Don't worry about what the teacher said. Be proud of yourself for the effort you put in :)

Jack and toofy - as you both said, don't worry about these people, they need to grow up. Age is just a number and having older friends can be a good thing; they can advise you on things, use their own experiences from being your age to guide/help you, etc. Plus you both have friends on here who are your age or similar as well!

Most of the people here who I consider my best friends are younger than me. But I rarely ever consider their age or worry about what other people might think, because they're such wonderful people who have stood by me no matter what and I'm glad I met :D

Paige - damn right! Don't worry about what the teacher said. Be proud of yourself for the effort you put in :)

Wow - that's a really inspirational and lovely speech!

My rant is people who reply to others with one word answers such as k or like the post above me, Yep.

IT'S NOT HELPFUL OR INSIGHTFUL.

Well yes it is, I meant yep as in yep I had experienced it.  There's nothing else to add really.

My rant is people who rant about other people's posts without good reason!

It really annoys me when people bully other people just because of their weight. I just don't see why they need to bring it up. How do they know that, that person doesn't have a medical condition. They just automatically assume if you're over weight then you eat take aways every day.. As a victim of this myself it just really disheartens you. I just think judging people by their weight is wrong both being called Fat or anorexic!  

Letters like these annoy me:

BzbvwZACcAE1Avq.jpg

I live in a house with 23 people, and each of our rooms has separate contracts.  However, those contracts include a communal TV license (so, in theory, we're not allowed to watch live TV in our own room, just in places like the lounge, kitchen, etc.)

Every one of us got sent this automated letter (which is seemingly sent to every student address ever..), despite never receiving the original 'warning' letter.  And they never do any form of investigation, inspection or follow up from this.  It's just pure scaremongering and trying to scare more gullible students into buying a TV license, which they may not even want or need.  It's just annoying to see this sorta junk when, as a student, you have enough things to worry and pointless scare-junk mail is just not something you want to deal with...

I just hope that these sorta things don't actually scare people...

And they never do any form of investigation, inspection or follow up from this.  It's just pure scaremongering and trying to scare more gullible students into buying a TV license, which they may not even want or need.

They very much do! I'm often arresting people who have either failed to pay their fine or show up in court following TV licence prosecutions. It's not about whether people want one, if they need one legally for their use they should get one and the rules are pretty clear.

I personally love what the BBC does and what it stands for, so don't begrudge a penny of my licence fee. We'd all really miss it if it were gone, much more than we realise.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge paying for a TV license. However, in the case of us as students, where we've not fine any wrong doing (in the sense of we have a license and use it accordingly), things like this are annoying.

In my experience, I (nor any student I know) have never had any form of inspection out anything similar to what the letter suggests. And there's no reason to suggest I've been breaking the law (indeed, the only TV I watch is Doctor Who in our lounge!).

I know that this is a serious thing, but I've never known it to be any more than just sending it to every student as a way to seemingly scare people.

I hear ya. They can be more disabling than people realise, especially the ones that last for days and don't respond to painkillers! And I'm not even speaking from personal experience, this is just from witnessing a family member suffer with them. *Touch wood* I don't ever have them that bad, I mainly seem to get the crazy visual flickery flashy zig zag blind spot things but no headache afterwards :P