Stealth

Dan_Rush

I agree that the shop is well themed etc however when I went today they were charging £6.25 (can't remember the pence exactly) for an extremely modest portion of fish & chips and to have a small portion of chips (all portions are pretty small) was £2.25 I was so disappointed in the price, I know places like this charge extra but this was ridiculous

I agree that the shop is well themed etc however when I went today they were charging £6.25 (can't remember the pence exactly) for an extremely modest portion of fish & chips and to have a small portion of chips (all portions are pretty small) was £2.25 I was so disappointed in the price, I know places like this charge extra but this was ridiculous

What more did you expect from a merlin owned park?

Seriously though, the prices are similar to that across the park already, it's not like it's a new thing.

Went to Amity Fish and Chips at Thorpe when I visited Tuesday. The interior is quite well done IMO and features pictures on the wall of stealth and items that relate to the American 50's theme as well. The exterior (seen further up) is nothing to go to town about, but it does the job and looks ok with stealth in the background.

I had fish and chips (probably the obvious choice) which my food was served at the till pretty quickly. Alternatives on the menu are pies, sausages and a vegetarian option, for those who don't fancy fish.

The food there was delicious, the batter nice and crispy and no waste on the fish I had either. The chips were nice and chunky and delicious (maybe only second to lattice fries) and the curry sauce was ok too. 7/10

Not bad value for money, however it did slightly concern me that my pass discount was only £6.12, considering its £6.95 full price and it looked more like a10% discount price (would be more like 5.50 at 20%).

Definitely a lot better than Legoland's new Burger Kitchens (in comparison) which look bland, soulless and dull (especially the Lego City one which looks horrible on the outside).

Stealth was going so slow over the top hat on thursday, like really slow. It almost felt like we were going to roll back. Mind you it didn't open till 1pm so something must of happened in testing. Here was a video I shot of it on thursday, it goes over so slow or at least it did when I was at the park.

That video of Stealth almost not making it over the top hat is terrifying - I've never been on a rollback or seen one (would love to see one but I think if I experienced one it would put me off riding again)!

A few weeks ago while queuing for Stealth, one of the trains launched and it seemed to go over the top hat pretty slow - right after that an announcement came over the system saying that engineers had been called - not sure what was happening but we hung around and it was back up and running pretty quickly.

Also, last Thursday Stealth opened at 1pm - as EC mentioned, it seemed to be going a tad slow - it may not look it in that video but once on the ride I genuinely thought that a rollback might happen as it seemed to go painfully slow over the top hat - I decided to sit back row just incase as it would have meant less far to travel backwards :ph34r:

To be honest, I would quite like to be on when it rolls back. Not sure why, but at least you get a second go! :P

Same here! I'd love a rollback! But I don't think so anymore, because it's not like 'meant to happen' anymore, the ride would be closed for the rest of the day.

I remember the days of the shirts and the free yorkie. Damn I wish I wasn't such a chicken back then.

They never existed. I never understood that rumor :glare:

I was lucky enough to get a roll back in 2008, it was a cold and wet day in April, Stealth had an 80 minute queue as it had been down all day. Really made the queue worth it and we also got another go. ^_^

What was it like?

A really fast version X No way out.

In all seriousness I cant remember much of it, I was talking to one of the hosts before it had started and he had said they expected it to roll back at some point as the weather was pretty bad and the ride had just started up for the afternoon. Once the ride had launched and we creased the top of the hill I sort of knew we where not quite going to make it, we must have stalled for about 2/3 seconds then the train started rolling backwards, it was actually quite scary, I don't think I had ever felt speed like that before going backwards it was a very different sensation and the quite rapid deceleration was quite forceful too and not in a particularity nice way either. In all honesty though I think my favorite part about the whole experience was sitting on the launch track looking at all the jealous faces in the queue. :lol: