Dan_Rush

Stealth

When I found out it had reopened from looking at the app, as I had missed the ride quite a bit (as it’s my favourite) I decided to just drive down and give it 2 rides today!

Despite it being an hour drive there and back and only being there for about an hour, I think it was worth it 👍

10 hours ago, Loggers Creek said:

So glad it’s finally open again.

Means I don’t need to go all the way to Port Aventura to get my Intamin accelerator fix now!

How could you forget about Rita, Speed Monster, Desert Racer which are all far closer 🥺

12 hours ago, Mark9 said:

How could you forget about Rita, Speed Monster, Desert Racer which are all far closer 🥺

I was saving all of those for future trips when I could appreciate them more. Heidi is fairly high on my European bucket list. 

6 hours ago, JoshC. said:

And, technically speaking, Red Force isn't even an accelerator ;)

Even if it is that doesn’t beat Stealth. 

3 hours ago, MattyMoo said:

Just to advise I'm going to THE ISLAND LIKE NO OTHER on 3rd October, so if Stealth is down for the FN's meet, it's my fault xoxo

I’m putting bets on it being down for the rest of the season and opening late next year then ;) 

Stealth was outstanding today. No queue at all but they were still storming the dispatches. I didn't see a moment's down time or delay.

Repeat front row rides for me. That has to be the single best coater experience in the county. It's incredible and I'll never tire of it. 

On 9/10/2019 at 12:42 AM, pluk said:

Repeat front row rides for me. That has to be the single best coaster experience in the county. It's incredible and I'll never tire of it. 

100%.

8 hours ago, planenut said:

Perhaps they haven't got enough people to fix it, as I understand it takes many hands to make it work.

This took me a minute.

Well played sir, well played.

On 10/8/2019 at 3:03 PM, MattyMoo said:

Am I missing something as to why it's so difficult to fix it?

Probably lack of money.

On another note, it's interesting how the park so heavily advertise "filming is not allowed on any ride" yet they so blatantly don't enforce their own rules:

https://youtu.be/mj9WXLkO0WE?t=319

(relevant part starts at link's start time). The staff member clearly sees the visitor holding a phone and doesn't ask him to do anything and the ride starts with him still visibly clutching the phone (which if let go is a major H&S hazard especially given how badly it could injure someone).

The lack of care or enforcement is also true for their "no queue jumping policy". And then the park wonders why they're not on par with international parks when basic things such as, you know, their own rules they don't give a toss about.

2 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

On another note, it's interesting how the park so heavily advertise "filming is not allowed on any ride" yet they so blatantly don't enforce their own rules:

https://youtu.be/mj9WXLkO0WE?t=319

(relevant part starts at link's start time). The staff member clearly sees the visitor holding a phone and doesn't ask him to do anything and the ride starts with him still visibly clutching the phone (which if let go is a major H&S hazard especially given how badly it could injure someone).

The lack of care or enforcement is also true for their "no queue jumping policy". And then the park wonders why they're not on par with international parks when basic things such as, you know, their own rules they don't give a toss about.

The staff are paid minimum wage to do a job which is quite tiring. The reason they don't do anything about the phones is simply that they don't care, it's not worth their effort to deal with, especially with the reaction the customer will give, which just then delays the dispatch.

44 minutes ago, EpicSmatty said:

The staff are paid minimum wage to do a job which is quite tiring. The reason they don't do anything about the phones is simply that they don't care, it's not worth their effort to deal with, especially with the reaction the customer will give, which just then delays the dispatch.

On a high speed roller coaster a loose object could be very serious, if that phone gets dropped it could seriously injure someone and it could completely damage the park's credibility and reputation. Some rules you can bend, but not enforcing this rule in particular could end in complete disaster.

45 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

On a high speed roller coaster a loose object could be very serious, if that phone gets dropped it could seriously injure someone and it could completely damage the park's credibility and reputation. Some rules you can bend, but not enforcing this rule in particular could end in complete disaster.

I'm not saying it ok or right, I'm just saying that's why it happens

4 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

I'm not saying it ok or right, I'm just saying that's why it happens

If that is the mindset of the employees, then that is a accident waiting to happen. Look at rides like Dueling Dragons or Steel Vengeance, loose items on both rides have resulted in injuries and look at how strict Universal are now.. 

11 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

. And then the park wonders why they're not on par with international parks when basic things such as, you know, their own rules they don't give a toss about.

The park doesn't wonder that. They think they are on the international stage when in actual fact they are a local regional theme park. And that's pretty irrelevant to the rules they choose to enforce.

45 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

The park doesn't wonder that.

They think they are on the international stage

You contradicted your own statement in your own comment. They do like to market themselves as being an international park which implies they do think they're on an international stage. The only UK park realistically competing on an international stage is Alton Towers but these days even they are slowly losing their edge.

local regional theme park

I'd personally say they're on the border between a nationally known park and a regional park (mainly due to the lack of viable UK competition in terms of parks most of the GP have knowledge of even though the offering isn't as great as well-known national parks abroad). 

No I didn't contradict myself. You said they wonder why they aren't on the international stage, it's not the case as they think they are on the international stage. 

I don’t think Thorpe claim to be on the international stage - none of our merlin parks make any real effort to advertise them selves abroad as far as I know.