Dan_Rush

Stealth

7 hours ago, Mark9 said:

No I didn't contradict myself. You said they wonder why they aren't on the international stage, it's not the case as they think they are on the international stage. 

22 minutes ago, Marc said:

I don’t think Thorpe claim to be on the international stage - none of our merlin parks make any real effort to advertise them selves abroad as far as I know.

Thorpe certainly don't claim to be on the international stage, and certainly they don't market themselves like that (hence why we've had 'nation's thrill capital' and similar). But I don't doubt that Thorpe / Merlin in some capacity like to think internally that they have world class experiences which can compete internationally. 

Go high enough up, and I'm sure there's people who think 'Thorpe has world class rides'. 

22 minutes ago, JoshC. said:

Go high enough up, and I'm sure there's people who think 'Thorpe has world class rides'. 

Are you trying to tell me the I'm a Celeb maze wasn't a world class attraction bringing in people form all over Europe? 😮

9 hours ago, Mark9 said:

You said they wonder why they aren't on the international stage, it's not the case as they think they are on the international stage.

I see what you mean now, that makes much more sense.

3 hours ago, EpicSmatty said:

Are you trying to tell me the I'm a Celeb maze wasn't a world class attraction bringing in people form all over Europe? 😮

OI!! I’m a Celeb, Walking Dead,DBGT and Angry Birds are (was in IAC’s case) all top top top quality attractions that have the higher ups at Disney,Europa and Phantasia up all night with nightmares!! 😮

Why would people want to ride the likes of Taron or Wodan in Germany or Untamed in the Netherlands when we have that quality in this beautiful and very welcoming country!!?? :D 

17 minutes ago, Martin Doyle said:

OI!! I’m a Celeb, Walking Dead,DBGT and Angry Birds are (was in IAC’s case) all top top top quality attractions that have the higher ups at Disney,Europa and Phantasia up all night with nightmares!! 

😮

Merlin do love to spoil us!

On 12/18/2019 at 12:15 PM, Coaster said:

I'm sure Thorpe have claimed in the past that they have five world class roller coasters, I'm not sure if they still do.

On 12/18/2019 at 8:28 AM, JoshC. said:

Thorpe certainly don't claim to be on the international stage

They still do claim their rides are on an international stage. Read the description on what they wrote on this post: 

https://www.facebook.com/thorpepark/photos/a.377923300866/10157643918925867/?type=3&theater

"Thorpe Park has an amazing collection of rides and attractions, some of the best in Europe in fact!"

Not only are their rides not world class (they're still good and some of the best in the UK, but not world class) but none are anywhere near the best in Europe. And this is before considering things such as overpriced tickets/ parking, horrendously long queues on any slightly busy day mainly due to slow operations amongst a list of other things and of course no direction whatsoever in the park's future.

Also, Stealth is brilliant but a perfect example of what I mean. Yes it's one of the best UK rides (especially when it was built), but it's nowhere near one of the best European rides or even a contender for a world class ride.

6 hours ago, Ivsetti said:

Also, Stealth is brilliant but a perfect example of what I mean. Yes it's one of the best UK rides (especially when it was built), but it's nowhere near one of the best European rides or even a contender for a world class ride.

This. I think some people have rose coloured glasses when talking about Stealth, maybe because it was their first big ride, hence how DARE you say its not a world class coaster or in the top 100 in Mitch Hawker's polls.. It is a good ride yes, but its not even the best in Thorpe IMO, let alone the UK.

I think Stealth is definitely the best coaster at Thorpe by a fair bit, when I was younger I used to LOVE Inferno but as I've gotten older I have just realised I like Stealth a lot more. It might be a bit grumpy and temperamental at times (same lol) but for me it is the best Thorpe has to offer! 

It's ironic as Inferno has just been leaving me dizzy and light headed when I come off it but I can cope with Stealth's launch several times in a row, old age is treating me well hahaha

On 12/28/2019 at 9:41 PM, JoshuaA said:

This. I think some people have rose coloured glasses when talking about Stealth, maybe because it was their first big ride, hence how DARE you say its not a world class coaster or in the top 100 in Mitch Hawker's polls.. It is a good ride yes, but its not even the best in Thorpe IMO, let alone the UK.

I mean, Stealth was out-dated even when it first opened. There was already longer, higher, faster, ones with more inversions & ones with more air time. The park icon. The only reason we in the UK were kind to it was because very few rides like it could open on these shores. A fact still true today.

Ironically, the rides loved by the GP and enthusiasts today are the smaller, intricate rides like Taron, Taiga & Helix. Right up my alley.