Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Those charming cartoons are all from old railway leaflets that Chessington published during its early years (before they started printing free maps I think? back then they had guidebooks on park instead)

They really are quite lovely, sort of thing I wish didn't go out of fashion in theme park marketing. Filled to the brim with charm and character.

I think the text is trying to impersonate a Bavarian accent (and when he says "Ya!" he really means "Ja!", which is German), Romanian accents are somewhat different. I agree it is surprising, only because Transylvania has absolutely no essence of Europe at all these days. I think he spoke in that voice on the ride as well, but by the time I knew BubbleWorks all his sound effects had either broken or become indiscernible.

I remember at the start of the ride he would sort of squeak weirdly as the boat went past? Not that his mouth ever moved.

Dear friends,

I am thinking to take my two daughters ( 6 & 7 years) to Chesingtong World of Adventures Saturday 27th of July.

Could anyone tell me if is a good day or if the park could be too crowded because of school holidays?

Any advice/suggestion?

We will be going from London.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Oscar

Hey, Welcome to TPM!

As a rule the first week of the summer holidays are generally the quietest (no idea why!!) so hopefully it wont be to bad for you!

As for advice I'm sure others will better recommend but id head get Dragons Fury and Vampire done as soon as possible as these do rack up the highest queues!

The zoo and shows around the park are also pretty good

Have a good trip!

If I were taking kids around the age of 6 and 7 I'd probably head straight for the BubbleWorks, try to get a few goes on it before a queue appears. Do some of the other small children rides around the middle of the park and then hit to zoo during the busy mid-day hours. And bring food.

I'm no authority though, I only go when it's dead.

Maybe head for Zufari first?

It doesn't always open on time, but if it doesn't then there is Tomb Blaster near it that you can go to.

Don't head for Hocus Pocus Hall first - even on busy days this rarely ever gets a big queue (apart from during their halloween event in October) so do that once the park has got busier.

On an different note, I have just seen this:

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/pop-badges.aspx?mb=1

A bit odd, but fair enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Chessington is in a right state at the moment!

I'm not talking about Dragon Falls or Runaway Train (although they do add to the equasion), but the whole park is in dire need of a lick of paint as it just looks run down and awful (Wild Asia and Zufari aside).

Let's hope they concentrate on this over the next closed season.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion