Chessington General Discussion

Ash

Those refurbishments and general changes are nothing to do with the survey done by Dr Cave, people have been wanting those areas refreshed for a long time and the current management are very good at getting plans in motion. :)

Last year's demolition of scenery around Dragon River, Tomb, Runaway Train and Rattlesnake, however, were prompted by the survey Merlin commissioned.

If he complied a survey of legitimate failings then surely he'd have no problem getting the park shut down? 

He did compile a list of failings, however Merlin state that they fixed this issues (though it would seem that this was via totally removing rockwork for the majority)...

HOWEVER, the key issue is that Merlin's fixes were not checked by an independent body to ensure that they were safe for public to use the park... That's where the issue lies, a lack of standards and independent audits taking place...

HSE issued the summons, I think the case with the family has been settled...

Probably stuff to do with the recent Dr Cave findings coming out and answering to those issues, which started with this incident...

Sure Merlin would like to sweep this under the carpet ASAP..

Really quiet today... Longest I had to wait was about 5-10 minutes and that was for Rameses to get enough for the 15 people rule to balance the ride or some rubbish like that... Besides that I pretty much walked on everything all day, so did really enjoy it! :)

Seen a sign in the rattlesnake queue TV scream saying about new for 2013 creaky cafe aha!

• 2 weeks later...

So basically, I've decided what Chessington should do. Get rid of Dragon Falls, Peeking Heights and Toadies and install one bloody amazing new area. And what rides, well I'm thinking a Juvelen clone, because that is the best family roller coaster out there and secondly, an Intamin log flume like Chiapas. 

Make it so Chessington.

They need to do what Plopsa are starting to do with Holiday Park; get rid and replace the utter crap (Toadies, Peeking, Capers, Playhouse, Truckers, etc), and retheme the hell out of the old bits...

A Chiapas style Flume should go to Towers and replace that pile of crap first though...

a0f3fff0-b91f-0131-a612-427269ab254b.gif

As awesome as Chipichips looks, Id really rather they didn't continue the destruction. Fix up falls to a decent standard and add a nice interacting coaster.

Oh, and burn Peeking. Removing that couldn't be seen as destruction. 

I love Dragon Falls as it was originally intended but thats not what lies in Mystic East anymore. Lets face it, the ride is a pretty shoddy, non event but its adventure through the rock work and into the dragons mouth were/are the real highlights.

• Mattgwise changed the title to Chessington General Discussion