Jump to content
Ash

General Discussion

Recommended Posts

On 3/23/2019 at 9:40 PM, Loggers Creek said:

it’s a noticeably more kiddified too.

An attraction based on an children's book is to 'kiddified', shock horror

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One would assume that the attraction is more simplified, not that HPH was the peak of imaginative walkthrough story telling, it had side parts and interactivity throughout...

 

Room on the Broom is probably more of the kids don't use their brains so why bother being imaginative nonsense...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So after visiting the park today, it's becoming quite concerning that Silver Black Buccaneer is showing absolutely no signs of being open anytime soon, as the supports are still hidden behind Dragon's Fury's track and are just laying there ready to be assembled. The site itself looks no different to back in mid-March. It really does look like naff all has been done to it.

 

I understand rides take longer than others to get ready for the new season, heck, Tiger Rock took forever to get some trim brakes installed on both drops, but seriously, it has been over 6 weeks into the season now and one of their main attractions is still in pieces with no work (seemingly) being carried out on it. This is taking far longer than it should and is inexcusable by this point.

 

Also, quick observation I made today elsewhere if you plan on visiting - 22mph gusts of wind is enough to close down Tiger Rock it seems, but not Dragon's Fury, which correct me if I've been wrong for the last 15 years is the taller ride of the two?............!

 

:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Black Buccaneer is going to return this season and they're just trying to brush it under the carpet. Maybe it won't be returning ever. Painting it silver seems to mean it has some engineering problems due to its age, just like Blade at Alton Towers. The difference is Blade actually got money for a refurbishment granted and it was re-engineered over winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 10:51 PM, Marhelorpe said:

So after visiting the park today, it's becoming quite concerning that Silver Black Buccaneer is showing absolutely no signs of being open anytime soon, as the supports are still hidden behind Dragon's Fury's track and are just laying there ready to be assembled. The site itself looks no different to back in mid-March. It really does look like naff all has been done to it.

 

I understand rides take longer than others to get ready for the new season, heck, Tiger Rock took forever to get some trim brakes installed on both drops, but seriously, it has been over 6 weeks into the season now and one of their main attractions is still in pieces with no work (seemingly) being carried out on it. This is taking far longer than it should and is inexcusable by this point.

 

Also, quick observation I made today elsewhere if you plan on visiting - 22mph gusts of wind is enough to close down Tiger Rock it seems, but not Dragon's Fury, which correct me if I've been wrong for the last 15 years is the taller ride of the two?............!

 

:blink:

 

As I said a few weeks ago, it's questionable whether Bucaneer will return at all. If it was all fine and dandy it would be constructed and open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could have at least linked to the Theme Park Worldwide one and not give more views to that attention hungry other channel. Never did buy his obviously fake spiel about growing up with "Mr Burp's Bubbleworks" when he's obviously too old for that time. Plus when he asked fans to raise him £2000 for a "Alton Towers documentary", when the kickstarter failed he made it anyway, wonder where that money was gonna go...
Did I mention when he bought 1000 fake subscribers and his channel got banned for a few months?

Embarassing they couldnt get a more genuine theme park channel to say this attraction was good

Interesting to see Andy Porter's passion speaking, even if the attraction is underwhelming. He clearly still put a lot of good thought into it. Budget and IP contracts I think was the bigger problem..
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Mysta Ghoul said:

Could have at least linked to the Theme Park Worldwide one and not give more views to that attention hungry other channel. 
 

 

Not sure if serious... (No idea who the other person is)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Benin said:

Not sure if serious... (No idea who the other person is)

I'm no big fan of Shawn but  your reaction gives an idea how much Id still prefer him over the other guy, haha

I also think its sad the park invite vloggers in to film new rides that are only couple months old (a kids attraction too?)  just to get them to say good things and get them under their thumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Car park has seen some continuing improvements this season:

 

 

The car park has never been good, and I don't think they can ever make it perfect due to being green belt land(?), but it's great to see them making the best out of a bad situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the extreme difficulty they have with this area, this looks a sound improvement and is probably the best case scenario we will probably ever see.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mark9 said:

Its very much under the radar but Chessington has its own Bouncezilla type attraction now.

Isn't it billed as more of a beach attraction? If your referring to the area next to dragons fury ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bouncy castle course and a beach area in one, due to open very soon I believe:

 

 

Shows the state of things when Thorpe get a bouncy castle and make a huge thing and TV advert out of it, and Chessington do the same and don't say a thing..

 

Though I wonder if that's intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Mattgwise said:

Everyone I know talks about Bouncezilla and say that they can't wait to go back, sure it will be a success at Chessington too. 

Everyone I know says Bouncezilla is usually deserted and forgotten is a bit of a joke with the state the park is in. I believe a mix of both, I'm sure it's a fun summer event as far as they go in UK parks.

But I can't believe people genuinly "can't wait to go back" to do a bouncy castle. Does this mean they're attending all the summer fairs where bouncy castle courses pop up, or is it just because of the Thorpe hype again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I'm okay with it at Chessington, they have had a pretty good string of investments recently that has been actually beneficial to the park.

Room On The Broom is far from perfect but at least they added that this year, thats probably why the bouncy castle is less advertised as Chessington actually made a investment this year..

 

What else are Thorpe gonna advertise? The worlds biggest collection of dust sitting around Loggers?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JoshuaA said:

 

What else are Thorpe gonna advertise? The worlds biggest collection of dust sitting around Loggers?

 

 

 

Give it time.....

 

”Dust like no other!!”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH the whole park could do with a complete dust-over, except Saw which ironically is one of the cleanest areas despite being a run-down horror theme. 

 

Least Chessington aren’t over-saturating advertisement here, but two removed rides and a mothballed pirate ship should not be ignored. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mysta Ghoul said:

Everyone I know says Bouncezilla is usually deserted and forgotten is a bit of a joke with the state the park is in. I believe a mix of both, I'm sure it's a fun summer event as far as they go in UK parks.

But I can't believe people genuinly "can't wait to go back" to do a bouncy castle. Does this mean they're attending all the summer fairs where bouncy castle courses pop up, or is it just because of the Thorpe hype again?

Whilst I agree - I doubt people rush back to the park for it - it’s hardly deserted forgotten - usually holds up a fairly consistent 20/25 min queue!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw was in an awful state on Sunday; gun sound effect not working, queue TV's too quiet, swinging axes still not illuminated (broken since start of the season!) and water spray not red.  Lots of smaller effects were also broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...