SAW: The Ride

Mark9

• 1 month later...

I'm sure the powers of Gurst and Merlin have a pretty good idea of how this incident happened already, I'd imagine if it is something that could be repeated under the same circumstances on Saw (or other Eurofighters/Enigmas) they'll close for whatever upgrade is necessary.

I'm also sure if they don't have to shut Saw then they won't, the last thing they'd want is for the media or public to link the Smiler event with other rides; it'll be damaging enough for Towers without it tarnishing other parks in the public's mind.

Umm, not sure how you were sitting on the ride but I think you should maybe see a doctor about that.

LOL, might have been Rush I was thinking of, or that other one where the shoulder harness comes down automatically like a guillotine. But Saw was bloody uncomfortable.

Still no Saw today, seems a bit strange I know it's all Merlin but when Oakwood have posted a picture of Speed they obviously aren't closing that.

It's probably (and this is just a guess) because Oakwood only ever run Speed on one car anyway unless you are very lucky, sometimes you end up waiting two hours there on one car operation.

Therefore, I can only assume that they were running the ride on one car so that there wasn't any potential danger of a similar incident.

Speed was closed yesterday however going by their twitter its opened again today.

They tweeted someone yesterday saying that it would be open, did this change?